CP check-in time

NHSchool2012

DCP Alumni -- Earned my Ears!
What time is everyone thinking of lining up to check in? Are the lines really crazy, and is security as strict as they say they are?
I'm hoping to get a 1br in Patterson, so what time would you suggest I be ready? I know it said no earlier than 7, but is that enforce strictly or could I line up earlier?

lol, that is exactly what I want! when is your check in?

February 4th through August 9th!

and yeah, i feel like it would be a lot better for me to have fewer roommates over more, just because i see it as it could get kind of crazy with everyone's different work schedules, interests, and everything. with one i at least know that i don't have to deal with so many conflicting personalities!

I was at check in for the current fall program, and my roommates were in line around 3:30-4am. I got there around 5am. When I got there at that time, the line was already very long and there were people ahead of my roommates who had been in line since midnight or 1am the night before. You don't actually line up inside Vista Way, you line up on the sidewalk outside of Vista and they bring the line in the complex around sunrise. The actual check in process didn't begin until about 7:45 or 8, though. I can say that security was strict with not letting people inside the complex before they were ready, but they were very very nice about it and they even took the time to come chat with us and tell some jokes.

I was at check in for the current fall program, and my roommates were in line around 3:30-4am. I got there around 5am. When I got there at that time, the line was already very long and there were people ahead of my roommates who had been in line since midnight or 1am the night before. You don't actually line up inside Vista Way, you line up on the sidewalk outside of Vista and they bring the line in the complex around sunrise. The actual check in process didn't begin until about 7:45 or 8, though. I can say that security was strict with not letting people inside the complex before they were ready, but they were very very nice about it and they even took the time to come chat with us and tell some jokes.

Was the early arrival strictly to get the desired apartment complex, or are there other benefits to being at the front of the line (ie: work location, etc.)? I'm asking because my daughter actually wants Vista -- so if everyone is getting there early for Patterson or Chatham, she may not need to arrive until 7am or so.

Was the early arrival strictly to get the desired apartment complex, or are there other benefits to being at the front of the line (ie: work location, etc.)? I'm asking because my daughter actually wants Vista -- so if everyone is getting there early for Patterson or Chatham, she may not need to arrive until 7am or so.

No, your work location is determined before you ever arrive. The early arrival was strictly to get the apartment complex and the apartment size you want. 1 & 2 bedrooms go pretty quickly. If your daughter wants Vista, she probably can go ahead and sleep in and not worry. Everyone that was there super early, at least when I checked in, wanted a 1 or 2 bedroom in Patterson or Chatham.

February 4th through August 9th!

and yeah, i feel like it would be a lot better for me to have fewer roommates over more, just because i see it as it could get kind of crazy with everyone's different work schedules, interests, and everything. with one i at least know that i don't have to deal with so many conflicting personalities!

Oh that's cool. My check in is January 14th. I will post to you after doing so you know what's up this semester!

If your daughter wants Vista, she probably can go ahead and sleep in and not worry. Everyone that was there super early, at least when I checked in, wanted a 1 or 2 bedroom in Patterson or Chatham.

I want to be in Chatham and have the maximum number of roommates. Do you think those would go quickly?

If you want a 4 bedroom, probably not. There's scattered departure/arrival dates each semester so the apartment selection on each individual check in date really varies. I personally wouldn't get in line early for a 4 bedroom, unless I had found all 7 of my roommates ahead of time and wanted to make sure we all were living together.

I've seen people mentioning that housing is really going to enforce the no lining up before 7am this next semester, but I heard that before I left for the Fall 2012 semester. So I would keep watch on what people from the first couple Spring 2013 check in dates say on facebook or their blogs before coming up with a good idea of what time is perfect for you.

Yeah, I figured 4 bedrooms wouldn't go too fast. But thanks for the info. I have a while to figure out a plan..if I even get accepted, that is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter