Courtyard Concern..Timeshare Solution?

toystoryduo

DIS Veteran
Okay.. Now, I am nervous. A few months ago, my husband was able to reserve a room for us at the Courtyard by Marriot in Downtown Disney for $20.03 per night. We thought that this was great because we love walking around Downtown Disney with our kids, and because we love being that close to WDW! After reading the boards, I am wondering if this was a wise choice, especially since it is non-refundable.

I have read some really good reviews, and I have read some really bad reviews. Now, I am not sure what to do. We have a timeshare near Universal Studios that we can use and that we love, but we already paid for the Courtyard. I just don't want to be so disappointed that it ruins our whole vacation.

So, please... share your thoughts with me. Do I stick with the Courtyard and chance it? Or do I go with the Timeshare and know that we will like where we are staying? Any advice that you can give me will be helpful. Thank you and have a great week!

I would stick with the Courtyard and save the Timeshare for another visit.

I have stayed at the Courtyard and if you PM me I will try and email you my room photos tonight. (Have to do it from home since they are on my home PC.)

The room was huge and I was on a Priceline bid so it is not like I paid a lot more then you are spending.

In my opion, attitude is 90% of everything. Sometimes when I read reviews I will see things like. "We always stay at the Grand Floridian and the Courtyard just did not measure up" (I am making this statement up!) Or I will recall reading that the poster had earlier stated that they really wanted to stay at the Poly but wound up at All Stars and hated it. Perception is everything. If you compare moderate or budget hotels to the Grand Floridian you may be disappointed. (Althought personally I won't ever stay at the GF again, give me the All Stars anytime!) No the courtyard is not a deluxe resort on the monorail and no you won't get towel animals. The location is great and all the times I have stayed there my room has been fine.

I totally agree CarolA. We stayed at the Courtyard last August and are going again this August. How can you beat 20.03 a night. We met someone last year who said, we usually stay at the contemporary but this was cheaper! Really????? I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.

You're comparing apples and oranges. Your timeshare will be MUCH bigger and (probably) have a full kitchen. Depending on the unit you may also have 2 bathrooms and a washer/dryer.

I don't know how many kids you have but I think if you have more than 2 kids it might be a little tight.

I would go with the Courtyard (I am going to the Courtyard). Just keep telling yourself what a bargain you are getting - and you are getting a bargain! We stayed there in May and had no complaints. It's great being able to walk to DTD! We were there every night. I agree with the above poster - attitude is everything!

I have to agree. We have stayed there three times. The one time we had a small problem, they fell all over themselves to try to make it up to us and gave us free breakfast at theur restaurant. The folks there are super. The beds are a better quality than my favorite Wilderness Lodge. For that price you can take the difference and buy Annual passes.......The location cannot be beat and the price is right too..........Go and have fun..........

Chalk us up for another that enjoyed the Courtyard. I don't think you have anything to worry about staying there.

Thank you everybody! We have decided to stay with the Courtyard. You absolutely can not beat the price or the location. We are very excited about being able to walk to DTD whenever we want to. Thanks again and thanks CarolA for the room photos!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter