Courtyard by Marriott

K P & J's Grandma

Now there are 4 grandchildren - K, P, J & A!!!
We have reservations at the Courtyard by Marriott - Lake Buena Vista, Vista Center. This will be our first time staying there -- 3 adults along with two kids - 3 & 4 years old. How was the bus service - we will not be renting a car & how was the breakfast buffet?? Any Info would be GREAT.

BUMPING

Haven't received any response about 'any' information about the Courtyard by Marriott Lake Buena Vista - Vista Center.
Has anyone stayed there that can tell us 'anything' about this hotel??
Thanks!! :-)

I haven't stayed at that location. I have stayed in the one in the Marriott Village. Hopefully someone will be along with an answer for you.

Hmm..isn't that the hotel that is now the Holiday Inn? All refurbished and should be opening about now. The one where many people got rooms for about a $1 a night.

We are staying there this coming Monday 8/8-8/12. If you have not already left for the trip, I can let you know how it is when we get back! (we won't be home until 8/17 since we are visiting family while down there, too!)

DMRick said:
Hmm..isn't that the hotel that is now the Holiday Inn? All refurbished and should be opening about now. The one where many people got rooms for about a $1 a night.

No-this one is off I-4 on Palm Parkway. Although, it is very close to DTD-or so I am told!

homer424 --- That would be great if you can let us know how the hotel was. Any info would be great -- we are wondering about the bus transportation that they provide -- also the breakfast buffet. We will not be going until October - we have reservations for a 'suite' - we are taking two grandchildren, so are hoping that they will have some 'down time' in the seperate bedroom area -- who knows maybe Grandma & Grandpa will be needing some 'down time' also. Have a great vacation --- will be anxious to hear back from you.

Courtyards are generally very nice. Normally the breakfast buffet is good, but I find it expensive.

Have you asked the hotel about thier Disney transport. From what I have heard most of the hotels in that area have AM and PM shuttles. That's it.. not much if you want to return midday.

We stayed there Memorial Day weekend. We really liked it. We had a rental car so we didn't use the transportation. We got a free buffet on the last day since we had a minor inconvenience during our stay. the buffet was fine for free, but I wouldn't pay much for it. There wasn't much of a selection.

Hi again! We just got back and it was wonderful. Very clean, well taken care of and wonderful staff. One afternoon, we called for 2 more towels and we left the room to go to the park. I forgot something in the room and I just turned around to go back-total of 5 minutes gone-we already had those 2 towels! The breakfast buffet was pricey but it was good. We did it once since the man at the front desk told my DD they had Mickey Waffles. Free Coffee in the lobby which we took advantage of nightly and a well stocked and reasonable giftshop. The game room was fun, albeit small. We didn't try the pools but the looked really clean.

It is super close to the parks-we had a rental car so it was a 2 minute drive to the back end of WDW (you enter by DTD on Hotel Plaza BLVD). It is one block away from Crossroads and within walking distance to lots of restaurants, fastfood, convience stores and shops. Also-we ordered in Pizza Hut one night when we were exhausted. It was great-piping hot and yummy. It got to our room in under 20 minutes.

Plus-since they knew my grandmother had rented a wheelchair and was utilizing handicapped parking, they put us on the ground floor and close to the handicapped parking without us even asking.

Overall, we will definately stay there the next time we go to WDW!

homer424---
Thanks for the information. We have a 'suite' reserved - hoping it will work out for the two granddaughters to get a nap & bed time in a quite area. We usually stay on grounds -- but have a couple other adults joining us for part of you trip - so opted for the Courtyard. We will also have a car rented - was worried about the bus transportation times. What kind of food - besides the Mickey Waffles :-) - was on the breakfast buffet & what was the price??
We are looking forward to our trip --- any other information you have to share will be great!!!

On the buffett was scrambled eggs, pancakes, home fries, bacon, sausage, biscuits, gravy and grits. They also had small individual sized cereals, bagels and bread (and a place to toast them), danishes, fruit, chocolat and regular milk and apple, orange and I think grapefruit juice. For My grandmother, DD (who is 5) and I it cost $27 and change. It was quite hefty considering you could go to Ihop or Denny's (and both around the corner) get a bigger meal, exactly what you want for much less.

Now that I know you are renting the car I will tell you all you have to do is make a right out of the parking lot, make a left at the light at the end of the block, get all the way to your right and make a right at the first light you come to and you are on Disney property(you can't miss it-there is a huge sign that says "Welcome to Walt Disney World" ). From there, you are about 10 minutes from the parks and only about 5-with traffic-from Downtown Disney. My suggestion-what I learned is going into the property, always stay to your right. Coming out of the property, stay in the middle lane-the left lane turns into a turning lane after Downtown Disney.

I hope that helps! if I remember anything else, I will post to you. I am still kind of jet lagged(we visited family from Friday the 12th until today when we flew home so I have to think to remember!) but my brain should be more clear tomorrow-LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter