Coupons for Abercrombie???

Hidden_Mickey

DIS Veteran
Is there such a thing? My DD 11 has discovered this store.. Holy Cow! I looked online at the prices and nearly fainted. I am going to the mall today to get her something for Christmas. Does this store have coupons online that you can print out and bring to the store?

I don't want to do a Google search because I don't want to end up at a squiffy web site and catch a virus. A site that one of you has used and can verify would be fine.

TIA

:disrocks:

I don't think I've ever seen a coupon for AF. I think they want to maintain an "elite" image, and avoid coupons and big sales. I have seen them put things on clearance at the end of a season, but by then the only things I saw that were left were unpopular sizes, and frankly unpopular items.

I have never seen any coupons for Abercrombie! In the store, they might have a "clearance" shelf, but it usually inconspicuous with a small sign :lmao: If you are anywhere near Jersey Gardens Mall in Elizabeth, NJ there is an abercrombie outlet there that has some good buys. :)

I'm really sorry that your daughter has discovered Abercrombie...your wallet will never be the same. Might I offer a suggestion though. Hollister is abercrombies sister company and all the clothes look the same only they have a bird on them as their signature sign instead of the moose that abercrombie uses. Still a very good status symbol as far as teens are concerned and also might I add that hollister is slightly cheaper. Not by tons and tons, but I can go in there and get more for my money than I can in abercrombie not to mention I just don't care for Abercrombie. Like i said all the clothes from both stores pretty much look the same only...only difference is price and like I said the bird and moose. I'll stick to hollister and american eagle and I'm 25 yrs old...hehe. I shop anywhere though...i'm not beneth shoppping at kohls and target:rotfl2: I understand teens though as I was the same way. Heres hoping you can convince her Hollister is just as good as abercrombie! Or perhaps a compromise? One thing from abercrombie and a few from hollister? Seriously if you look up the websites online you'll find the clothing is very much the same. Just do a little compare and contrast and see what she likes. Never hurts to try:) Hope this helps! :goodvibes

Our store just opened a couple of weeks ago so this weekend was the first time we went in. DD9 has by anxiously waiting to go there but I warned her I probably would not buy anything. We headed straight to the back of the store (DD already knows that the expensive stuff is always in the front). They had a whole room of sale/clearance items. I have to say though that even the clearance prices are a joke, $30 for long sleeved T-shirts. I did manage to find a $20 sweater and a $30 sweater that we agreed on. I buy DD a couple items from Hollister, AE and AF but supplement most of her wardrobe from Aero. They have great sales!

Don't think I have ever seen a coupon for AF. As PP's have said, even their clearance prices are a joke. However, I have walked out with 9.95 pants and bathing suits in the past, it all depends on the timing.

I used to get 20% off coupons in the mail, but that was a few years ago. That was also when I stopped shopping at Abercrombie.

My dd (now 14) discovered Abercrombie when a friend of hers gave her hand-me-downs (my dd has always been the smallest of all her friends - which is a good perk for her!). This was probably about 3 or so years ago. I have NEVER paid full price for any of the Abercrombie clothes she has (and she has a lot!). She has gotten either hand-me-downs or I've gotten some good deals at the outlet (Grapevine Mills in Grapevine, Texas). We have resale shops here called Plato's Closet that has mostly those type name-brand clothes in teen sizes. Another option there. (She has also sold her outgrown stuff there.)

Never saw or got a coupon. BUT we ALWAYS went to back of sore and got sale stuff. At holidays and Birthday everyone used to buy some stuff so we had plenty. Actually sold all of it at a garage sale at like $2-5 a piece and boy did it fly....
Now we are Pacsun shoppers (much less and GREAT sales and promo's) anyway, as they get older they seem to change stores. I do recall a time when all we went to was Aeropostale....just crazy...

HAPPY HOLIDAYS to ALL!

My 11 year old daughter is always trying to get me into that store, just looking at the outside I knew I wasn't going to want to pay their prices. I have been firm and continue to skip it. She continues to survive.:rotfl:
Donna

My 11 year old daughter is always trying to get me into that store, just looking at the outside I knew I wasn't going to want to pay their prices. I have been firm and continue to skip it. She continues to survive.:rotfl:
Donna

amen to that:)

I don't think AF ever has coupons, or any type of sale. They only have clearance. The prices can be pretty good on clearance, but you have to wait until the true end of the season usually. I've gotten good quality shorts there for $9.95 for example. The tshirts are really poor quality though.

It seems like (around here) Abercrombie is really not that popular anymore, as it's just the same thing over and over. Try and push your daughter toward American Eagle, Pac Sun, or Aeropostale. All better quality and better prices. And they have sales and coupons regularly.

There is also abercrombie (small a) which is the kids store. If your daughter is small enough, usually it's the same clothes but a little cheaper. Or you could look at Marshalls, Ross, and TJMaxx type stores for past season stuff. It all looks the same from season to season.

like the other posters said..the back of the store.

Hollister and Aeropostle are slightly cheaper...and great sales!

My kids prefer Hollister this year...ya ya ya
But they will accept Aeropostle...and they have great great sales!

I'd also look at American Eagle. They're running a buy one get one 50% off right now, which is an INCREDIBLE deal for them. It's on everything in store too (or online). I feel like it's a lot less trampy than Abercrombie, and their stuff is of a good quality. I've got a great corduroy blazer I bought from there 4 years ago and have worn multiple times a year- it still looks stellar.

Abercrombie's usually have a clearance section in the back of the store. I used to work there sophomore year in college - didn't last more than 3 months, but I think I spent more than I made! The quality, I've found, is suprisingly very good. I have now graduated from college, and the 2 pairs of jeans I wore most often all through college & after are just starting to show major signs of wear (around the back pockets and hems). I also have a bunch of t-shirts and sweatshirts that are still in great condition - so if it's on clearance, I think the price is worth it.

Edit - Just checked their website, and they have sweaters as low as 19.99 online if you don't mind paying shipping.

Oy! Thanks everyone. I went to A&F and dropped $179 on a hoodie, sweat pants, t-shirt and a tank top. The two shirts were on "clearance". We get 90% of her clothes from an older cousin who gives them to us in pristine condition, so I rarely spend $$$ on her for new clothes. This is the first time I've bought her anything but socks or undies in quite a while so I guess she is due.

I have to say, my dd loves A & F. I also find the quality to be much better than Aeropostle. She has worn a pair of shorts from A&F for 3 years now, and the Aeropostle ones lasted three washings. If you hang dry the clothes they last. For the amount of wear she gets out of the clothes it is definitely worth the money spent. Her sweatshirts and jeans are still so comfy and look brand new. She has yet to wear out a shirt either. I bought them a big 3 years ago, and she is now wearing them fitted (as they are supposed to be worn).

My DD loves Abercrombie jeans and unfortunately they do fit her the best. We hit the jackpot back in August and found 6 pairs of nice jeans that all fit her perfectly. They were on clearance for $19.95 each! DD asked which ones she could get and my response was "every stinking one of them!" :upsidedow

My best tip to get cheap Abercrombie is: hand me downs and second hand clothing stores, LOL!

I do shop at the kids abercrombie store, which is a bit better. DD got jeans for $19.99 and some tops for $18 on clearance.

My DD loves Abercrombie jeans and unfortunately they do fit her the best. We hit the jackpot back in August and found 6 pairs of nice jeans that all fit her perfectly. They were on clearance for $19.95 each! DD asked which ones she could get and my response was "every stinking one of them!" :upsidedow

Is your DD a figure skater? I only ask b/c of your screen name. DD is a FS and it is very difficult to find pants that fit. She is slim but very muscular especially in the rear end and top of her legs. This makes it very difficult to find pants that fit well. I am desperate to find a store that makes pants for her. We usually found jeans at LTD2 but for some reason Justice does not fit at all (who would think since they are basically the same company). Now that LTD2 is out of business I am at a total loss.

It is nice to know that the A&F clothes are high quality. DD is growing so fast she outgrows anything before wearing it out but in a year or two when she slows down I will invest in clothes to last a while.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter