Couple Resort vs. Value

Discussion in 'Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers' started by dumbolove, Jan 30, 2013.

1. dumbolove

dumbolove Mouseketeer

What is everyone favorite resort to stay at with no kids? Is it worth paying the extra money to be in a better resort? We could do a moderate....not a deluxe unfortunately. Looking towards going next January...probably would be there over marathon.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ludari

ludari DIS Veteran

I stay at the deluxe resorts only because I am a DVC member and before I was a DVC member I stayed at a value resort once. The value resort was okay but full of kids and a little too loud for me especially since I needed my rest for an upcoming marathon. I hope you have better luck at one of the moderate resorts. I would also suggest that unless you plan on participating in the marathon not to go that weekend because the crowd level increases during that week. Sorry I couldn't be much help but if you wanted my recommendation on a deluxe resort just asks.

4. jba2

jba2 Mouseketeer

My favourite moderate resort is POR. The only value I've stayed at is POP and I loved it. True, it is loud and full of kids but we stayed in the '70's section near the lake and it was quite peaceful.

5. NJDiva

NJDiva Queen of everything....

One more vote for POR. It's a little spread out but IMO very quiet and beautiful. I've never stayed at a value resort for the sole reason there are too many kids.

6. dumbolove

dumbolove Mouseketeer

How was the transportation at RS since it is so large? I am going to go with PO just don't know now RS or FQ!

7. sayuracodfish

sayuracodfish Earning My Ears

We stayed there last May and thought the transportation was great! Sorry, didn't say where we stayed...Riverside :-)

8. MichelleWDWfan

MichelleWDWfan Mouseketeer

DS 17 and I are park ppl, so we stay at the Value resorts because all we do in our room is sleep and shower.

We are up 6am to shower and dress then we don't come back to our room until night time.

We did stay at POR last summer for 2 nights for his birthday.
    The rooms weren't much different, just different & nicer decor.
    The woodsy feel of the resort was nice.

POR has several different bus stops, depending on which end of the resort you are staying on. We used the bus stop in front of the main building.

It's nice at POR & POFQ you can take a boat ride to Downtown Disney.