couple random questions...

lillygator

DIS Veteran
how can you tell how many ships will be in each port ahead of time?

how do you carry the wave phones? do they have any hooks or clips to clip on a bag or something?

arrival times....so on your x day out to book, you log in and pick the time? what if you get there when then open, you can't board until your time? I've read all the pros and cons and want to be able to get tickets to the various programs as well as book brunches if I can't get them ahead of time.

brunches, we have 2 sea days so that means only 2 days for brunch in both Remy and Palo?

if staying in PC the night before the cruise, what is the best restaurant?

anyone stayed at WDW the night prior and done MVMCP? did you drive to the port? how tired was the family?

are there any scavenger hunts on the fantasy and on cc anymore?

how do you carry the wave phones? do they have any hooks or clips to clip on a bag or something?

arrival times....so on your x day out to book, you log in and pick the time? what if you get there when then open, you can't board until your time? I've read all the pros and cons and want to be able to get tickets to the various programs as well as book brunches if I can't get them ahead of time.

brunches, we have 2 sea days so that means only 2 days for brunch in both Remy and Palo?

anyone stayed at WDW the night prior and done MVMCP? did you drive to the port? how tired was the family?

Wave phones do not have clips/hooks. A pocket works.

During the online check in process, you will select a Port Arrival Time. The page to do so will not "unlock" to pick that time until you have completed all other pages in the process.

If you arrive at the terminal earlier than your selected PAT, and the terminal is busy (as it well may be if you arrive at 10:15-10:30), you may be asked to wait until either your correct PAT (if you have a later one) or the terminal is less busy (whichever is first). The boarding number you receive is tied to your PAT. Regardless of when you actually arrive and check in, your boarding number will be the same.

Yes, brunch is only on sea days.

Ports.cruisett.com will allow you to see what ships are in a given port on a particular day.

rrival times....so on your x day out to book, you log in and pick the time? what if you get there when then open, you can't board until your time? I've read all the pros and cons and want to be able to get tickets to the various programs as well as book brunches if I can't get them ahead of time.

Unless you have a PAT sometime after 1pm, I don't believe arriving early to port will increase your chance of getting anything booked/ticketed onboard. Your actual boarding number is directly tied to your PAT. Technically, if it is very busy or crowded they could keep you from entering the terminal until your PAT; but that hasn't been reported recently. What's most likely to happen is that you arrive early and are allowed to enter the terminal for check-in, however you will then sit around watching lots of other people board the ship because their PATs were earlier than yours. "Open Boarding" is typically called around 12:45 or so.

Enjoy your cruise!

I could be wrong, but I believe your choice will be either Remy OR Palo, as there is only one or the other on any given ship?

I was on the Wonder on 10/16 and the wave phones did have a clip on it. I kept it clipped to my back pocket while my son was in kids club.

I could be wrong, but I believe your choice will be either Remy OR Palo, as there is only one or the other on any given ship?
You can prebook one of each type reservation (1 Palo dinner & 1 Palo brunch & 1 Remy dinner & 1 Remy brunch).

Once onboard you can book additional reservations, depending on availability.

Palo is on all 4 ships, Remy is only on Dream & Fantasy.

I've sailed one on the Dream, twice on the Fantasy. For the Dream, and the 1st Fantasy sailing, there were no clips on the wave phone, but they fit easily in a pocket. For the 2nd Fantasy sailing, there was a "new-style" wave phone that had a built in belt clip, but also still would have fit in a pocket.

is palo brunch and dinner still both $25 and remy brinch 50 and dinner 75?
I believe Palo is $30 now.

Remy:
  • Dinner: $85 dining charge per person
  • Remy Champagne Brunch: $55 charge per person; $25 charge per person extra when adding the Champagne pairing
  • Remy Dessert Experience: $50 charge per person; $25 charge per person extra when adding the Champagne pairing
  • Petites Assiettes de Remy: $50 charge per person (includes a wine pairing with each course)
  • Remy Wine Pairing Experience: $105 charge per person

We found the wave phone very awkward to carry around and gave up using it at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter