Couple of Newbie Questions!

Jake Harkness

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!

So I'm finally going to Universal to go to the Wizarding World, and I have a couple of questions.

How are Fridays in the parks typically? I'm going September 30th for the day, and my friend and I are planning to get to IOA for opening. We aren't going to be staying/going to HHN so I'm hoping to avoid some of those crowds in the morning.

I also had some ride questions. I'm not super big on roller coasters, but I LOVE The Rockin' Roller Coaster. Would you say that The Dragon Challenge and The Hulk (if it's open again) are about the same, or worse than that? Super random, I know, but I thought I would ask anyway. :)

I'd say a Friday morning would be manageable most of the morning. As it gets towards lunch time, single rider will help, and by later in the afternoon, the parks get busier, with the Studios seeing the most increase due to the HHN people arriving, as they can stay in a holding area in the park, to wait for HHN. IOA will be open the latest, so end there.

I am not a coaster rider, but my older teens really like RRC, and like the Dragon Challenge, but did not like Hulk as much, as they thought the head banging during the ride was not fun. They thought Hulk was the most intense, with Dragon not as intense and with RRC not quite as intense. They are both looking forward to a smoother Hulk ride and hoping the reboot of it delivers that.

I hope you enjoy all the rides and shows found at Universal Orlando. Have a great time this fall. The Potter areas are so fun to explore. If you are fan, the details are amazing. Must eat at both restaurants too. We prefer the Hogs one more.

hi jake and :welcome: to the darkside!

i have done all the rides you listed.
RnR coaster is a great ride which i always hit at the motherland.
if you like it, you would enjoy the Hulk and Dragon Challenge which i still refer to as dueling dragons from the old days.......
Hulk will be open at the end of Sept.
not that i have inside info but it has been posted it opens late summer.

do get in line for the park entrance as early as possible.
peeps will already be in the park due to early entrance.

use the single rider lines as much as possible.
this will cut down on wait times.

IOA will not close early but the studios will close at 5 due to hhn happening that night.
you stated you will be doing IOA but don't know if you will hit the other park sometime that day.

studios closes out at 5 in case you have plans for the other park.

if UO is new to you, look at www.universalorlando.com and pull up the park map.
get an idea of locations of the rides, restrooms, first aide, etc that are in the parks.
it might help you get a better idea to plan your day.
if a ride is down or line too long, this way you can venture to another portion of the park/ride and not lose time.

I'd say that Dragon Challenge and Hulk are more intense than RnRC, but I'd say they are worth the try. Dragon Challenge has more inversions and your feet hang which gives it a different feel. Hulk used to take off very quickly like RnRC, although I don't know if that will change after the refurb. We like all 3!

Based on video I have seen for the Hulk rebuild, the "head banging" may be a thing of the past. It looks smoother too.

If you like Rockin, do The Mummy ride. It doesn't go upside down or anything but it's indoors and amazing. The Hulk is too freaky for me but I could do The Mummy all day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!