1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Couple of cash booking questions

Discussion in 'DVC Member Services' started by tloft, Apr 25, 2013.

1. tloft

tloft Mouseketeer

I had a rather aggravating morning with MS and was hoping someone here could help me out. I was making an October cash reservation at Kidani. The discount was only 20%. Two separate CMs told me that has always been the discount so I know I can't take anything they said seriously. When did the discount drop from 25% to 20%? Or has the rate become variable?

I then asked if any rooms were available at a Treehouse Villa with the discount and was informed yes but was then quoted full price. First, I had to point this out then was informed there were no discount rooms available. But, I think it blew their minds when I asked "Are Treehouse Villas never discounted or do you simply not have any inventory eligible for discount at this time?"

Anyway, I thought I would quit banging my head against a wall and see if any real experts can answer either question.

Thanks

2. tloft

tloft Mouseketeer

bumping - I cannot possibly have come up with 2 questions that no one here knows the answer to. Also, I would have thought the place would be in an uproar over having the cash discount lowered to 20%. Anyone?

3. vicki_c

vicki_c DIS Veteran

Since the discount is not guaranteed, I would assume 25% is not set in stone either. I was thinking its more likely to be a discount of "up to" 25%. It's a perk. I might call back and verify though, but I feel like it is what it is.

4. disneynutz

disneynutz DIS Veteran DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Disney is currently running a 30% discount from their cash site for selected dates. Did you check that out?

:earsboy: Bill