Country Inn & Suites...shuttle or park at port?

peachypowell

Earning My Ears
I booked the night before our cruise at Country Inn and Suites. I have read many people who use the shuttle and many who have said it was a nightmare. Is there a trick to using the shuttle or is it best just to pay to park at the port and not have to worry with it? I hate to throw the money away to park at the port when we don't have to, but don't want a hassle either. TIA

We used the shuttle last year and it went well. Shuttle times can be reserved 1 day in advance of departure. We flew in the day before our departure, so it meant remembering to call the hotel before flying out that day.

We always park at the port. We did the shuttle once. You can sign up for certain times but being able to walk past all the people standing around in the lobby with all their luggage waiting for the shuttle and being able to walk off the ship and drive away after the cruise is worth the cost of parking there for us. The shuttle is ok, they did make other stops at carnival as well but we just prefer the convenience of parking at the port. I like being able to be early to the port as well and leave in the morning when we are ready to go.

We park at the port. I like the idea of being able to leave right away. We have always found good parking spots in the parking deck close to the front.

We always park and like that when we get off the ship we can just leave without waiting around. Check with your hotel, many have vouchers that they give free with the nights stay. I know the Fairfield Inn does and I thought I read someone say Holiday Inn does too. I think price varies on the number of nights of the cruise but if I recall for a 5 night cruise it was about 80ish and we had a voucher for about 1/2 so we paid approx. 40. Worth it in my book.

We've done both and for us, parking at the port is so worth it. It's nice to get off the ship, go through customs to the parking lot and start our drive back without having to wait for a shuttle that maybe there in 15 min or longer. The shuttle going over pre cruise is very organized and exciting. The shuttle post cruise is hectic and sometimes almost fight worthy. You have to be able to go with the flow and realize that someone who just walked up can get on it and knock you out of that ride just by simply being at the right place and right time. Parking at the port can be expensive (depending on cruise) so that's a factor as well. I will say that we had no worries leaving our car at the hotel. Plenty of parking and adequate security.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter