Country Inn and Suites Cape Canaveral - Priceline

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by tikibirds, Jan 3, 2010.

1. PoohJen

PoohJen <font color=green>Willing to share a Mickey Bar?<b

My BIL tried $60 tonight for our 2/28 cruise; no luck. :sad2: Must be sold out of priceline inventory for that night (2/27). Oh well, time to come up with a Plan B!:rolleyes1

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Billinaz

Billinaz Waiting to spend time in our home away from home..

Ive tried from the day it opened. I just think they have not released any inventory to priceline yet.

4. Disneynutbsv

Disneynutbsv DIS Veteran<br><font color=deeppink>If I had kept

We just used them with the priceline deal! Great suite (beds were a bit uncomfortable), but the kids suite was awesome! The cruise shuttle worked seamlessly....picked us up, dropped us off with our luggage, we tipped our driver and were on our way to the cruise! Then when we got off the ship, we called and he was there in less than 5 minutes, picked us up with our luggage, went over to carnival to pick up another couple and were back at the hotel in about 20 minutes time and we tipped again :) The continental breakfast was great too, plus they serve baked cookies in the lobby:)

5. breakingd_awn

breakingd_awn DIS Veteran

I think they should at least release a few, for those of us who might be a little obsessive about planning ...they have no idea what they're putting us through;)

6. WhitGB

WhitGB DIS Veteran

Has anyone tried this recently? I have never worked with Priceline for fear of what I may be getting for a hotel.

We are not going until October, is priceline a place you use for last minute deals or is this something an over obsessed person can do now?

TIA

7. WhitGB

WhitGB DIS Veteran

Anyone know? I see others looking at the same hotel and asking about prices.

8. ForTheLoveOfDCL

ForTheLoveOfDCL A Dream is a wish your

Does anyone know if this is still working to bid a 2.5 star cape Canaveral and get country inn and suites ?

9. abbiep

abbiep Mouseketeer

I tried this recently and ended up at Fairfield Inn. They dont offer the parking package that Country Inn does, at least not as far as I could find.

10. zippingalong

zippingalong Mouseketeer

I just used Hotwire, and got this hotel. I paid $89, but still saved some money.

11. ForTheLoveOfDCL

That's a good price I think I won't risk it cause I have it at govt rate of $99 right now & we really want to start our day looking out at the ship...lol. plus the good reviews help. =)

12. zippingalong

zippingalong Mouseketeer

I used betterbidding.com and knew it was the Country Inn before I booked it.

13. ForTheLoveOfDCL

Tell me ur secrets of knowing. I have never used that sight, I know priceline but not the one u speak of.:confused3

14. zippingalong

zippingalong Mouseketeer

Betterbidding.com is basically a site that cracks hotwire.

On hotwire, you're buying an unknown hotel. It gives the hotel a # of stars rating, and then shows a list of amenities. You can go to Betterbidding, and compare the hotels and their amenities and know what hotel you're bidding on.

15. mommyto3princesses

mommyto3princesses Mouseketeer

Hello,

Sorry for digging up this old post, but I was curious to hear if anyone has used Priceline to reserve a room at CIaS in Port Canaveral? We did this two years ago thanks to this thread and I'd like to do it again for an upcoming sailing.

TIA

16. resq343

resq343 Earning My Ears

Anyone have any luck recently on getting this hotel thru Priceline or Hotwire? If so is it still for the kids suite? Thanks

17. Danielletx

Danielletx Earning My Ears

I mentioned this somewhere else, be VERY careful when booking with third party sites. They guarantee you a room. But they don't guarantee you will get what you need. (with name your own price feature)

You get a good deal most of the time because they put you in the rooms they normally don't sell very well. Like smoking rooms, rooms close to elevators, and murphy bed rooms.

Always call after booking and talk to the hotel to see if they can move you into a specific room type. You also have a chance that if the hotel books up, you will be "walked" to another property of equal or less value.

(I work in the hotel industry)

18. truck1

truck1 Growing older but not up.

The last time we did it we got a room for like 60. I for get what room they used. I called and had them upgrade us to a port view room with park and cruise.
    We paid the difference and it still came out cheaper.

19. thdarragh

thdarragh Mouseketeer

You may be able to get the room/suite thru Priceline etc but probably not the park/cruise package. For us, that was one of the main reasons of booking there. Separate kids room, breakfast, parking for 7 days, shuttle to terminal etc all included. For $119.00 I thought it was worth it, but I booked direct.