Counting Our Nuts Like Chip & Dale, a Financially Aware PTR *Update 4/17 Pg 62 *

If I were you and those were my choices, I would go with January as well. Better to have Violet a little chilly and bundle her up, then have HOT weather and feel like you need to keep her inside.

Are those your only choices? Is early December / late November a possibility. The week after Thanksgiving is definitely a low crowd time. How about Feb or March?

In the winter you always take the chance of it being overly cold, but there's really nothing you can do about it.

YOU? Overthinking? Nah! ;)

I say go in January. You can bundle up Violet and she'll be fine. I think making it less stressful for you - low crowds, not so hot/humid weather - is the best idea. Some things will be in refurb - but really, that's not that important. I'm sure you won't be taking Violet on Splash Mountain anyway! She'll be older, but you won't have to wait so long.

Plus, won't you want to get out of New England in winter??? I know I would!
I'm really leaning towards January. Getting out of the New England winter is a HUGE plus. Nope, no Splash Mountain for Violet quite yet. :rotfl2:

I personally would probably go in January. This trip in September had probably the hottest temperatures I have ever been in! There were days that in the afternoons I didn't know if I could keep walking with the heat! God bless the frozen drink stands!:laughing: I got a heat rash on my ankles! People were cranky and sweaty and there were definitely more crowds this year.

January would probably be ideal for you guys! Bundle that baby up and you'll be all set!:goodvibes But seriously, if you dress her in long pants and a sweater and she has blankets, I'm sure she will be just fine! Plus you'll be going indoors a lot so you wont neccesarily spend a ton of time outside all at once. My cousin is taking her daughter (born in May 2011) in December so I'll see if she has any insight for you when she gets home!
In 2010, September was awful hot. I didn't like it at all. We spent a lot of time in the pool that trip.

Oh yes, let me know what you cousin thinks about December! :thumbsup2

I vote January too LL. I think colder is better because you can just bundle her up and it's not like it's going to be COLD, like New England cold, it may just be slightly brisk and warm up during the day.

I think you're absolutely right, traveling for the first time with Violet to Disney, with you and her not being hot in September and the crowds being low, you'll have more patience and be able to enjoy everything more with her!
I think you are right. I think January is just the better time for many different reasons. One big oen is that I will have more patience in cooler weather. :thumbsup2

I vote for January! September is way tooo hot for me. Violet will just love Disney.
Thanks for your vote!

I agree with PPs... January! Now I might be biased as January is ALSO my favorite month to visit :lovestruc ... but I think you'll have a much better trip then. You guys will be able to enjoy it at your own pace and not feel the need to run around, plus the weather in January is a lot nicer than when it's hot as heck in September. I have a lack of patience for hot weather, so I'd much rather go when it's a little cooler and bundle up if necessary.

Also, we might be trying to do a January 2013 trip as well! :)
I love January, another big reason I want to go in January is because Marc hasn't been in that month yet. I think he will like it just as much as I do.

Looks like you'll be going in January!!! :laughing:
I really think so too! :laughing:

I have this problem where I read updates, and then go back and catch up on other subs, and never end up responding to anything. :laughing: LOVED the video! The way you guys chose to do the gender reveal is so different and awesome.

Hmmm...I can't handle heat and humidity very well, so I also vote January for going with Violet. I also have to say, reading how much you love going in January has me super excited that that is when we're going...we've pretty much never experienced low crowds so it will be like a whole new Disney for us!
You are going to love January. It really has been the best month I have traveled to Disney so far. :thumbsup2

I know you wanted opinions from people who have traveled with kids, but, well, I'm just not me without having an opinion too! :rotfl:

My vote is definitely for January 2013 too. The weather can be a little chillier, but as long as you plan for that and take a bit warmer clothes, you'll be fine! The lower crowds and lower temperatures are sure to be less stressful too!
All opinions are welcome! :rotfl:

I think everyone is right, January just seems like the most logical choice for us. I'll just have to buy Violet some cute little hoodies with Minnie Ears on top. :rotfl2:

I would definitely go with January. The low crowds are so nice!
I love those low crowds, they are so awesome!

If I were you and those were my choices, I would go with January as well. Better to have Violet a little chilly and bundle her up, then have HOT weather and feel like you need to keep her inside.

Are those your only choices? Is early December / late November a possibility. The week after Thanksgiving is definitely a low crowd time. How about Feb or March?

In the winter you always take the chance of it being overly cold, but there's really nothing you can do about it.

Late November/early December gets tough. Our families have holiday gatherings almost every weekend in December. My mom has already told me point blank that Violet can NOT miss her cookie day next year which is always the first weekend in December. I honestly don't want the stress of trying to navigate a trip around all those dates. If it wasn't her first Christmas I wouldn't care but I'm not about to tell the grandparents she will be missing their parties. :rotfl2:

Feb and March don't interest me because the rates are higher. I want to go in value season. :thumbsup2

I vote Jan! The weather will be great and you wont have to stress the crowds. I am planning an all out disney vaca for most likely my Lily's 2nd birthday but I KNOW there will be plenty of day trips for us.....I can't wait to hear how Violet loves Disney!

I definitely say go in January! You cannot beat low crowds, and I'm sure that will be very helpful when traveling with a baby! And Violet will be a little older than if you went next September, so that should make things easier on you guys! Just bring lots of warm clothes and blankets for her and you should be fine!

I really want to go in January sometime...it sounds like the perfect time for me to go, cool weather and low crowds! :cool1:

Another vote for January. We were considering October for Lia's first trip, but our Honeymoon trip there was brutally hot and I would not want to have a baby pressed up against me. So that made us decide we would definitly be bringing her in the cooler months.

I vote January!! I know how much you love going at that time of year!! Can't beat the weather or the discounts!

How about a trip related update? Sound good? Sounds good to me! :laughing:

I have been debating the time of year that I want to go to Disney. I have two options that I'm thinking about. I need thoughts and opinions of those who have traveled with babies and kids.

#1. January 2013.

I love going in January. I have been in Jan. '10 and '11. I love the low crowds, I love the short wait times, I love the weather - cool and comfortable for this New England gal.

I'm uneasy about January for the simple reason it maybe be too chilly for Violet. Maybe I'm overthinking things. I know that I'm comfortable in January with long sleeves or a hoodie for the mornings and evenings and then I can usually just wear a tshirt when it starts to get warmer.

#2. September 2012 or September 2013.

The two trips Marc & I have taken together have been in September. We love being able to swim, the weather is on the hot side, especially in Sept. '10. I tend to be more cranky in the heat with less patience which could be a bad thing traveling with Violet for the first time. I also don't like the time frame, I think September '12 will be harder to travel with Violet as she will not even be six months old, plus we are renting a camp with my parents in August so Marc getting vacation time could be an issue. September 2013 seems waaaaay too far away for me. It would be 3 years since our last Disney trip together. I just wonder if the weather would be better for traveling over January.

What do you all think? Am I overthinking this?

Well I know you didn't give it as an option but my vote is April 2013. Low crowds, nice weather, baby will be at an age she will enjoy it :)

:tiptoe:

I vote January as well. It is much easier to make sure an infant is warm enough than make sure an infant is cool enough.

Besides, I think Jan. 2013 is a definite maybe for the Mop crew.

w/ all that has been going on in my little corner of the world I missed the Gender reveal :guilty:

so so sweet the party, decor and the way you did it. I love it :goodvibes and congrats on expecting a sweet little girl princess: what fun!

in re to when to go, only you will know :goodvibes when seems to be the right time to take this adventure and enjoy this time as a new family of 3...

it's hard to say what would be easier weather or crowd wise :confused3

I have been in the heat and cooler weather w/ and w/out kids but not sure yet if i have found that perfect season yet...but when looking at cost, etc I'd vote for Jan. :thumbsup2

Congrats again :goodvibes

Aw, your gender reveal party was so cute! I just love that idea! I have to say though that it sort of spoiled the fun for me reading the update and seeing the video since I already knew! :sad2: I need to learn to be patient and enjoy the surprise. :rolleyes: I'm so excited for you though. You are in such a precious time in life right now. :lovestruc

I'm voting for January. Just trust me on this. If you get irritable in the heat and humidity, adding a a baby into that mix will not be good. I know this from experience. :rolleyes1 We took our DD to the beach one time when she was 6 months old. Not only did we have an ENORMOUS amount of stuff that we had to lug along, but it was hot, I was ill, DD was ill b/c she was sweaty too, and it just was NOT fun! Go with January. You can bundle up and get warm, but there's only so much you can take off to get cool!

Hey LL!

I'm so glad I found this PTR! We found on in July that we were pregnant! I am due March 12. And I've already started planning her first trip! Yes, we are having a girl also.

HOW EXCITING!

I vote Jan! The weather will be great and you wont have to stress the crowds. I am planning an all out disney vaca for most likely my Lily's 2nd birthday but I KNOW there will be plenty of day trips for us.....I can't wait to hear how Violet loves Disney!
I really hope we can make this trip a reality. I need a Disney fix and I really want to introduce Violet to all things Disney.

I definitely say go in January! You cannot beat low crowds, and I'm sure that will be very helpful when traveling with a baby! And Violet will be a little older than if you went next September, so that should make things easier on you guys! Just bring lots of warm clothes and blankets for her and you should be fine!

I really want to go in January sometime...it sounds like the perfect time for me to go, cool weather and low crowds! :cool1:
I really love going in January, it's the perfect weather and crowds for me!

Another vote for January. We were considering October for Lia's first trip, but our Honeymoon trip there was brutally hot and I would not want to have a baby pressed up against me. So that made us decide we would definitly be bringing her in the cooler months.
Cooler months are probably the way to go with little ones.

Amen sister!
Then January all the way!
:thumbsup2

I vote January!! I know how much you love going at that time of year!! Can't beat the weather or the discounts!
I really do love that time of year and I can usually find a pretty good discount too.

Well I know you didn't give it as an option but my vote is April 2013. Low crowds, nice weather, baby will be at an age she will enjoy it :)
Ehhh...I have bad vibes from April, on my very first trip there I came down with the chicken pox in the middle of our trip! :laughing:

I say January -- you can always bundle Violet up in layers -- and the low crowds can't be beat!
Cute layers, right? :laughing:

:tiptoe:

I vote January as well. It is much easier to make sure an infant is warm enough than make sure an infant is cool enough.

Besides, I think Jan. 2013 is a definite maybe for the Mop crew.
I think you are right, it's easier to bundle up then cool down. I like that you are thinking Jan. 2013. I still have that idea of a clothelines you did for your little girl's 1st birthday in the back of my head! :thumbsup2

w/ all that has been going on in my little corner of the world I missed the Gender reveal :guilty:

so so sweet the party, decor and the way you did it. I love it :goodvibes and congrats on expecting a sweet little girl princess: what fun!

in re to when to go, only you will know :goodvibes when seems to be the right time to take this adventure and enjoy this time as a new family of 3...

it's hard to say what would be easier weather or crowd wise :confused3

I have been in the heat and cooler weather w/ and w/out kids but not sure yet if i have found that perfect season yet...but when looking at cost, etc I'd vote for Jan. :thumbsup2

Congrats again :goodvibes
We had a lot of fun with the party and I'm glad we did it. I'm really leaning towards January.

Aw, your gender reveal party was so cute! I just love that idea! I have to say though that it sort of spoiled the fun for me reading the update and seeing the video since I already knew! :sad2: I need to learn to be patient and enjoy the surprise. :rolleyes: I'm so excited for you though. You are in such a precious time in life right now. :lovestruc

I'm voting for January. Just trust me on this. If you get irritable in the heat and humidity, adding a a baby into that mix will not be good. I know this from experience. :rolleyes1 We took our DD to the beach one time when she was 6 months old. Not only did we have an ENORMOUS amount of stuff that we had to lug along, but it was hot, I was ill, DD was ill b/c she was sweaty too, and it just was NOT fun! Go with January. You can bundle up and get warm, but there's only so much you can take off to get cool!
Oh that's okay, I love the look on my face even though I knew pink balloons were coming out! :rotfl:

I really do get irritable in the heat, I think January would be better for my sanity. I am sooo NOT a beach person at all, I feel you on that.

Hey LL!

I'm so glad I found this PTR! We found on in July that we were pregnant! I am due March 12. And I've already started planning her first trip! Yes, we are having a girl also.

HOW EXCITING!
Very exciting! I will try to catch up on your PTR!

This little survey of yours would make for a nice lopsided bar graph. :laughing:

You know I think in second grade terms, and we graph a lot, so as soon as I started seeing all of your votes come in, I began creating a big tally chart in my head, followed by a colorful graph to be hung on the wall.

I try not to be a teacher sometimes. Really.
I am sometimes not successful. :sad2:

Am I guessing correctly that Violet will be about eight / nine months old that January?

If so, that's about the same time we took Nemo for the first time. We did a late October trip, and the weather was beautiful. I think January works for you because of the weather. Don't worry about it being too cold for Violet. Babies, one, are sturdier than you think, and two, it's so easy to layer their clothing and make sure she's warm enough.

If you're not feeling like you need to have a hot, sunny, must go to the pool in the afternoons kind of trip, I would probably stick with January. You know I'm a big fan of the September trips, because it's also value season, and let's face it, I like it to be hot so I can swim with my kiddos. But I'd be hesitant about her age then, like you are.

In a sense, I feel like you're lucky that you can sound off here on the DIS. There are so many of us who have taken little kiddos, you can learn from all our mistakes! ;)

LL - Hope you had a fab Thanksgiving and that things are moving along in the trip planning department.

Yeah for 23 weeks preggo! :cool1: Hope you are feeling fabulous!

This little survey of yours would make for a nice lopsided bar graph. :laughing:

You know I think in second grade terms, and we graph a lot, so as soon as I started seeing all of your votes come in, I began creating a big tally chart in my head, followed by a colorful graph to be hung on the wall.

You know, the other day my DDs were up in Sarah's room and I asked what they were doing. They said "Making bar graphs"!!!! I turned and said, "well okay. Carry on!"
One of them is a third grader. Apparently bar graphs are cool!!!

I used to love making bar graphs in school. I think my favorite part was being able to color them in. :laughing:

Am I guessing correctly that Violet will be about eight / nine months old that January?

If so, that's about the same time we took Nemo for the first time. We did a late October trip, and the weather was beautiful. I think January works for you because of the weather. Don't worry about it being too cold for Violet. Babies, one, are sturdier than you think, and two, it's so easy to layer their clothing and make sure she's warm enough.

If you're not feeling like you need to have a hot, sunny, must go to the pool in the afternoons kind of trip, I would probably stick with January. You know I'm a big fan of the September trips, because it's also value season, and let's face it, I like it to be hot so I can swim with my kiddos. But I'd be hesitant about her age then, like you are.

In a sense, I feel like you're lucky that you can sound off here on the DIS. There are so many of us who have taken little kiddos, you can learn from all our mistakes! ;)
Yes she will be 8/9 months. I think January is the time for us. I don't want to deal with being overly hot and miserable on her first trip. I'm not too worried about missing out on the swimming either, there will be plenty of Disney swimming in her future. :thumbsup2

LL - Hope you had a fab Thanksgiving and that things are moving along in the trip planning department.

Yeah for 23 weeks preggo! :cool1: Hope you are feeling fabulous!
I did have a good Thanksgiving, thanks! I can't believe it's been so long since I updated....:rolleyes1

You know, the other day my DDs were up in Sarah's room and I asked what they were doing. They said "Making bar graphs"!!!! I turned and said, "well okay. Carry on!"
One of them is a third grader. Apparently bar graphs are cool!!!
:lmao: That is too cute!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter