• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Counter service - what are your favorites?

HayGan

We could all use some pixie dust now and then :)<b
I'm putting together our December plan and I had a really hard time picking out our table service meals. Now that, the table service plan is finished (I think :rolleyes: ) I'm working on a plan for counter service meals in the parks. Granted this can be much more flexible than the TS plan is (thankfully :p )

So, what are your favorite counter service restaurants in the parks???

In MK it's Columbia Harbor House-great fish and chicken.

Epcot is Tangerine Cafe at Morroco.

no real favorites at the other 2 parks.

MK: Columbia Harbor House
Epcot: Tangierine Cafe
MGM: None! I have never had a good CS meal here.
AK: Tusker House
DTD: Wolfgang Puck Express (Best CS in all the World!)

I really like the quick service places in both Morocco and China. I'm also a HUGE fan of Starring Roles in the Studios.

MK-Pecos Bills, Cosmic Rays and Caseys (will be trying CHH next month)
EP- Cantina, Yakitori House,the Land
MGM-ABC commisary,pizza planet
AK-we normally just get turkey legs here, they are great and huge

I was really impressed with the variety and quality of the food court at The Land (which is now the waiting room for Soarin).

Fish & Chips in Epcot is still my favorite though.

Our first meal at MK every trip is at Pecos Bill's. It has one of those great burger fixin's bars! One hint: When you are looking for a place to sit, head to the right after you finish topping your burger ( :) ) and go down the hallway. You'll pass restrooms on your left, and then go into the first seating area on your left. It's a dimly lit, relatively quiet spot with lots of great "western" theming. It's our place that tells us "We're here!!!!" I think a lot of people automatically pick the more obvious seating areas, and this one is a great respite from the heat of the day.

Chrissy

We have a number of counter service stops that we make on nearly every trip.
MK - Cosmic Rays for the large variety and fixings bar and Pecos Bills.

MGM - ABC Commissary is the best we been to in this park. Large variety again.

EPCOT - Try snacking around the world (and drinking if just adults) by grabbing a small items from the different countries counter service and share it in your group.

Animal Kingdom - Tusker House

Have fun.

MK: Harbor House/Caseys/Cosmic Rays (NOT Noodle Station)
E:Walk to Beaches and Cream
MGM: Walk to Beaches/cream
AK: Tusker House

Cosmic Rays serves an excellent grilled chicken sandwich which we top with mushrooms and grilled onions. :rolleyes1

My favs are:

MK--Columbia Harbor House
Epcot--No real favorite but enjoy snacking around the World Showcase!
MGM--Haven't found it yet!
AK--Flame Tree

Thanks for all the great suggestions. We will likely split up our credits so that we can enjoy several of the restaurants each day :flower:

MK - Tie between Pecos bill(love the fixin Bar) & Cosmic Rays
Epcot - Food Court in the Land, Fish & chips with a bass ale while listening to the band in England
MGM - Not sure
AK - we usually go for the character breakfast
Disney Quest - food court is really good the have something for everyone & the Cheesecake factory!!!!

MK - El Pirata y El Perico
Epcot - Cantina de San Angel
MGM - Backlot Express
AK - Pizzafari

MK: Pecos Bill's -- Dh gets a double cheeseburger and fries while I get a turkey leg from outside and we share!!
AK: Tusker House -- GREAT rotisserie chicken
Epcot/MGM: Never eaten CS at either of these...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter