Counter Service To Avoid At All Costs At EP

jhaig

Not The First To Pass This Way
We are looking for some different options with our dining at Epcot and would like to get opinions of CS offerings. What do you recommend and, more importantly, which places would you never eat at again?

I think it really just depends on your tastes. We love Tangerine Cafe in Morocco and Les Halles in France. My husband loves the chicken curry bowl at Katsura in Japan - I wasn't super impressed with the sushi there, though. We didn't love the Mexico QS, either - it was just ok (not bad, not great). Electric Umbrella was super boring to us as well.

Les Halles and Tangierine Cafe are our favorites. Yorkshire County Fish Shop has decent fish and chips. Katsura and Lotus Blossom both taste like mall Asian to us and are on the avoid list. We don't get the entrees at Sunshine Seasons, except the salads, after one too many greasy messes slopped on the plate, but some of the desserts are tasty sugarbombs. :)

I would avoid Electric Umbrella, China, and Mexican CS. The Cantina de San Angel in the Mexican pavilion used to be fantastic! Authentic flavors and combo dishes... They actually took all of the authentic dishes off the menu and substituted with cheese whiz nachos and the like. Before the change, the refried beans tasted like "made-from-scratch" with a healthy sprinkle of real cheddar on top. Oh, yum! I'll stop now!:p

I'm in the minority here. One of my faves is Lotus Blossom in China. We also like Les Halles in France.
Avoid Electric Umbrella and the CS in Japan. Yuck! (If I want Japanese I'm going to Teppan Edo TS)

No love for Katsura Grill or Electric Umbrella - noted.

We love Morocco CS and the bakery in Norway (their sandwiches are delicious!) I'll be the voice of dissent and say we don't care much for Sunshine Seasons. China is okay for what it is, but it isn't much different from the mall food court. Mexico is hit or miss, although it used to be a favorite too.

I'd agree with Tangerine Cafe but would also throw a vote in for Sommerfest because I always love a Beer and Brat combo. If you're skipping Electric Umbrella then add Liberty Inn as well as somewhere to avoid. It's actually embarrassing that is what represents American cuisine in World Showcase.

Electric Umbrella has absolutely nothing that you can't get other places--typical chicken, burgers, etc. Don't waste your time!

Sunshine Seasons is great and you can find something for everyone. Desserts are wonderful!

IMO I think that Sunshine Seasons and Tangierine Cafe are perhaps the highest rated cs restaurants along with Flame Tree BBQ at Animal Kingdom. Sunshine Seasons has an incredible variety of foods making it almost impossible not to appease everyone in a party, that and the food is pretty good. As for Tangierine Cafe I love the Chicken or Lamb Shawarma Platter; it is better than many TS restaurants and also one whale of a deal on the DDP as a QS option. As for my least favorite in Epcot? Electric Umbrella has to lead the pack followed by all the rest of the CS's other than the two mentioned above. Just not a fan of fast food and for me that is what everything else is around the WS whether it's taco's, hamburgers, fried fish fillets and chips, Chinese and etc.

Another vote for Sunshine Seasons and I don't hate the Mexico CS, but I didn't particularly like it compared to the many Epcot offerings. Similar for electric umbrella - just fine, but nothing special and better options elsewhere in Epcot.

No love for Katsura Grill or Electric Umbrella - noted.

Ha ha! But we love Katsura Grill! Tangierine Cafe is our number one favorite QS in Epcot. I think, aside from the Electric Umbrella, you really can't go wrong with any of the QS in Epcot.

I'm very interested in the grilled cheese kiosk near Test Track, but have yet to try it.

ETA: I agree with Mikie about the Mexico QS.

I actually like Liberty Inn. They have a good chicken sandwich there and the apple pie desert is good.

We eat here every trip although mostly for my kids. It's the only QS in Epcot we can eat at that has allergy safe food for them. We wanted to try Sunshine Seasons as we hear so many awesome things but with our children's set of allergies they couldn't accommodate them.

DH and I enjoy the bakery in France as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter