• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Counter service at resorts? Can you get it to go?

Hopetobee

DIS Veteran
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I've never stayed onsite before.

Out of my family of three I'm always the first one up, so it would be great if I could get the counter service breakfast to go-along with drinks for all of us, and take it back to our room. Is this possible? Do they have containers for takeout? I'm talking about scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, things that are messier(?) than pastry. Have any of you done this? Do they give you plastic forks, etc?

TIA :flower:

Hopetobee said:
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I've never stayed onsite before.

Out of my family of three I'm always the first one up, so it would be great if I could get the counter service breakfast to go-along with drinks for all of us, and take it back to our room. Is this possible? Do they have containers for takeout? I'm talking about scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, things that are messier(?) than pastry. Have any of you done this? Do they give you plastic forks, etc?

TIA :flower:

We just got back from AKL and we were able to take out counter service meals. It was at lunch and they had containers and bags. The plastic knives and forks were beside the toppings bar.

Kathryn
:)

Hopetobee said:
Thanks KAC2005

Does anyone know if they will do this at a Moderate hotel? :flower:

Yeppers! POFQ does it for sure, as does CBR. I've never stayed at any other moderates, but I bet they'll all do it.

POFQ did as well. One weird thing, when you use counter service for breakfast, you still get a dessert - so we took cookies back for later in the day.

I've done this before, no problem. They have plastic lids for the plates that cover the food and keep it warm. I just keep it on the tray and carry it back to the room and mousekeeping takes the tray when they clean the room.

We've done it at POFQ and CBR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter