Counter Service at Monorail Hotel

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by hedge333, May 13, 2010.

1. hedge333

hedge333 Mouseketeer

We are going to ride the monorail one day at thought we would have lunch at a counter service in one of the monorail resorts. We are on the quick-service plan so we need a counter service recommendation. What's your fave?

Thanks.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. sharonabe

sharonabe DIS Veteran

Go to allearsnet.com and check out the menus at the resort QS restaurants. It may be easier to make your decision if you know what they serve. I haven't eaten at any of them, so can't help there.

4. chocovrdmicears

chocovrdmicears DIS Veteran

We love Captain Cooks at the Poly. :) I adore the Hawaiian Flat Bread. :lovestruc They also have Dole Whips. :)

5. Jen12573

Jen12573 DIS Veteran

DH and I are quite partial to Gasparilla Grill at the GF - we take the monorail there, have the Southwest Chicken Sandwich which comes with coleslaw on top (but we get it on the side) and you get fries and another side - DH gets a second side of coleslaw and I get the cucumber salad. Plus a drink and of course our favorite, a sugar cookie. Then we go out to the dock and take the boat back to MK.

6. MsStinkerBelle

MsStinkerBelle Hittin' WDW Since Space Mountain was 'Coming Soon'

I like Kona Cafe in the Polynesian and Gasparilla's in the GF. Both have great selections of food to choose from. :thumbsup2

7. squirrel

squirrel DIS Veteran<font color=deeppink>

Kona Cafe is a TS meal.

I haven't tried any of the CS meals at any of the monorail resorts. I think I will check out the menus.

8. summerlady

summerlady DIS Veteran

Capt. Cook's at the Poly is really good. You can get a Dole Whip as your CS dessert too.

9. hedge333

hedge333 Mouseketeer

Thanks for the responses. I think we'll try Captain Cook's. The Dole Whip sold me. I think the aloha pork sandwich sounds good, too.

10. jsweeks@cogeco.ca

jsweeks@cogeco.ca <font color=teal>Can you swim in the ocean?<br><fo

That was a great question! We are flying in a day early and don't start our package until the next day so I was thinking about doing the monorail and stoping to see the other reorts. We have never taken the time before to do this. Now I think we will get something to eat as well. Thanks for the idea! :thumbsup2

11. jdisnut

jdisnut DIS Veteran

My favorite is the Contempo Cafe. It's fun to eat as the monorail quietly glides through the resort, and the food is good. I particularly the turkey sandwich with apple butter and the mahi mahi sandwich.

12. Tinkerbellie16

Tinkerbellie16 <marquee><font color=deeppink>Certified <font colo

Cap'n Cooks - yummy adult grilled cheese with assorted chips (not just plain old potato!)
    Sit outside and enjoy the tropical foliage!