"Countdown To Fun"/"Disney Channel Rocks" Closings-Coincidental?

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by WEDWDW, Mar 16, 2013.

1. FLLDYTRKR

FLLDYTRKR Earning My Ears

No more parade after 4-6...Not coming back--Everyone has to rebid for jobs --others being relocated.. Major expansion to be finished by 2016...Star Wars !!! Something for the boys!!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. JennaDeeDooDah

JennaDeeDooDah My oh my what a wonderful day!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you the same poster who decided to get god-awful Wonderful Christmastime in my head back in late December? I'm quite certain you are. And then you hit me with this post? That's it. You are evil and you must be destroyed. ;)

I'm just hoping that they bring back The Disney Stars and Motor Cars parade. I don't dare let myself dream that they would be getting rid of the hat. I don't like the hat. I can say, though, that I would prefer to see that hat as I walk down Hollywood Blvd than that stupid stage. Oh, and as long as we are cleaning out that area, how about getting rid of the annoying American Idol experience video.

4. Kellykins1218

Kellykins1218 DIS Veteran

We love the hat :thumbsup2

5. Berlioz70

Berlioz70 DIS Veteran

They're closing on the same day because... it's the same Cast. I think you're over thinking it. ;)

6. World Showcaser

World Showcaser DIS Veteran

I've been hearing this Star Wars rumour but do you know something we don't?

7. WDSearcher

WDSearcher DIS Veteran

Exactly right! Same cast. If they closed one and not the other, then the performers would only get a half-day of work (and pay). And it would be tough to assign them other roles because the performance matrix doesn't necessarily match.

So ... you close one ... you are unfortunately prompted to close the other.

:earsboy:

8. Robo

Robo 1971 Castle in the Hub: Your lights are on!

But, it's just lil' ol' me.

:littleangel:

9. jtowntoflorida

jtowntoflorida Looking Like I Can't Really Afford To Go To Disney

This can't be right. Disney Channel Rocks is a bunch of singing, dancing fools. The Pixar Parade is full of our favorite Pixar characters, like Flik & Atta and the Incredibles. Not the same people at all! :rotfl: ;)

Magic ruined. For. Ev. Er. :sad:

Seriously, though, I'm intrigued by this. Where else are there "overlapping" CMs? I assume the castle stage show performers in the MK are also the ones that do the Celebrate a Dream Come true parade. Where do the nighttime parade CMs come from? Or are the parade CMs the same, and they essentially just work second shift? Gimme more inside info, Berlioz! If you can, that it. Don't want to get anyone in trouble.

10. Colleen27

Colleen27 DIS Veteran

Due to guest demand, Disney has realized that Studios just has too darned many entertainment offerings and decided to do away with a couple to make it easier for families to tour the parks. :stir: :duck: :lmao:

11. Itinkso

Itinkso Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

Many of the CTF performers are also cast in Fant, not in DCR. So, on April 7th, half of their income will have to come from other casting which means the domino effect/bumping comes into play. Cast who are in a day parade are usually also cast in an evening show.

12. Otter49

Otter49 DIS Veteran

Then I think you should offer to keep it at your house for a while.

13. AwkwardTurtle

AwkwardTurtle Mouseketeer

Boo, I love countdown to fun! Excited to see what's coming next though.

14. Chellymouse

Chellymouse DIS Veteran

:rotfl2: oh that's funny Robo!

15. LisaBi

LisaBi DIS Veteran

My DS would be thrilled to have it at our house. I haven't told him yet....he seriously may not want to go back. He loves DCR so much that it was the ONLY motivator I could come up with to get him to loose weight....if you loose 20 pounds before we go, you can see "Disney Rocks" as many times as you want the TWO days we go to DHS. It worked...I camped out on the benches over near Brown Derby. BTW....he is 19 and has Down Syndrome.

16. freediverdude

freediverdude <font color=blue>Was very touched by the Tapestry

Bad Robo! Bad! Stitch is drawing your badness level again!

17. buzzCMlightyear

buzzCMlightyear PERNER OWNER

Posted this in the Rumor thread I posted the other day, so I'll post here so you all can know also.

18. WEDWDW

WEDWDW DIS Veteran

Interesting!:)

Thanks!:)

19. MacClemsons

MacClemsons Mouseketeer

I don know about HS but there was a CM that recognized us and said something at AK parade. She was a performer in Lion King Show. (We were in front row and kids were chosen at end to march around.)

20. Berlioz70

Berlioz70 DIS Veteran

That's not true... the decision was known for at least over a week prior to the announcement to the front line Managers and Cast. There was a lot of prep work that went into the Cast announcement and taking care of the business side of it beforehand. The decision may date back even further than that week.

21. WEDWDW

WEDWDW DIS Veteran

I just noticed that the "Hat Stage" is not currently onstage as well.:)