Countdown to August 7th!

Porphyro

Mouseketeer
Only 27 days till we leave for the Fort Wilderness Cabins. I have to admit that we're going to spend most of our time in the parks, but we've scheduled one day to just relax around the Fort.

We're leaving on August 7th and taking a few days to drive down from Cincinnati. We've got our hotels booked along the way - we'd drive straight through, but my wife and I have decided that with DS4 and DS1.75 that would be sheer madness.

We've scoured and studied TourGuideMike's site and read all of the Unofficial Guide to Disney, so we have a pretty good idea what we're doing when. I've been lurking and asking questions for about the past two months - so I think I have a handle on the Fort. Even so, this will be my and the boys first trip to Disney and I'm totally excited!

Any last (nearly last I guess) minute suggestions are appreciated.

Maybe we'll see you there!!! We're getting to the cabins on Aug 5th, and are so excited about staying there. We don't have a full day at Ft. Wilderness planned, but will definitely be taking some afternoons off from the parks to enjoy some of the activities. Already have reservations for Hoop De Doo, and I know the kids will love the Campfire sing a long.

Have fun!

I would like to suggest hand held battery powered fans or mister/fans , it tends to be warm in Aug. in the parks,,,for that matter , in Florida.

And hava GREAT time ! :thumbsup2

We are leaving August 8th from Massachusetts with a 4 and 2 year old. This is certainly not our first trip to Disney but our first to Fort Wilderness. If you hearing screaming girls from the tent loop, that is most likely us! Have a fun trip down, I know we will!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter