Countdown Calendar or Chain

Discussion in 'The Creative Community' started by Disney Mommy 3, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Disney Mommy 3

Disney Mommy 3 DIS Veteran

I asked about this a while back....totally forgot what I was linked to!!!! But, we are 80-some odd days away and I wondered if any of you had pictures of a coundtdown chain or calendar that your kids really loved. Also, I am not a super duper creative girl...so it's gotta be elementary level:rotfl: Any pics or ideas would be appreciated!!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. morgansmom2000

morgansmom2000 DIS Veteran

Here's what my DH and DD did last year. It's still hanging in our kitchen. DH had an extra desk calendar at work, we went to the Dollar store and got a bunch of different stickers and they used my punch and papers to do the Mickey heads. Everyday PrincessM stuck a Mickey head down (on top of the stickers).

HTH,
    Jennifer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. party of 3

party of 3 <font color=royalblue>i can't believe that i will

i love this idea!

5. Disney Mommy 3

Disney Mommy 3 DIS Veteran

OOOHHhhhh I like it!! And the days are already measured/spaced out and you don't have to draw lines!!!!! To get the mickey heads, what are you punching them with? Something for scrapbooking?

6. morgansmom2000

morgansmom2000 DIS Veteran

Yes, it's nice and simple. If you don't have any special wants for Mickey heads, I'm happy to send you some. I've got the punch and loads and loads of scrap paper. PM me your address.

7. TheSweetLife

TheSweetLife Earning My Ears

Here's ours. 3 days left!

[​IMG]

8. party of 3

party of 3 <font color=royalblue>i can't believe that i will

love it! have you been removing a sticky everyday? is there something underneath them? or have you been crossing them off?

9. TheSweetLife

TheSweetLife Earning My Ears

Crossing out the numbers and then the final 10 mickey heads get colored in with black sharpie to make them solid. I'm thinking next time to take each number off and have some special message or picture underneath that's revealed when all the numbers come off.

10. chickflick

chickflick Mouseketeer