Couch to 5k

I use the blue fin app on iTunes, it's works pretty well, uses GPS if you need it, it has a journal section and you can use your own music.

I used the same one as Buffy, but on my android. I think it just changed names. I think it's now Ease into 5K.

My Droid C25K app is called Run Double. It works fine, and a lot better than the old version! Plus is was freeeeee.

I did C25k in 2009 and was actually able to train in about 6 weeks. I literally went from couch to treadmill too because I've never been a runner and pretty much dislike it still. But I wanted to go to WDW and DH agreed so we planned the trip around the 5k. So this year I will be doing the 5k again, minus DH. I am hoping to go with 2-3 other girls, depending on who can work it out. I'm excited! I loved the whole experience of it - WDW does a great job putting on a 5k. And it was neat seeing all the characters out, although I didn't stop to get pictures. I was scared if I stopped, I would never start back up! I think my time was around 36m, which was a low for me. :) It was kinda sad though when I saw a 10YO passing me and probably ran 8-10:00m miles. But hey, I made it and that's all I cared about!

So is there an official list of everyone who is going to the Princess 5K? Should I start one? Not many people are posting on the other thread...maybe they are all over here? Let me know!

I had to look up Couch to 5k on the internet, because I didn't know what it was!

After looking at the plan, I think I"m going to give it a try. I wanted to get started on something January 1st, but it looks like I'll be starting tomorrow, February 1st.

Looking forward to the day when I can say I trained for a marathon--and took part in one!

Got up at 6:30 a.m. and did the first day of the Cto5k Plan! I did 5 minute walking/2 minute jogging/5 minute walking and in 12 minutes walked 0.75mi. :thumbsup2

I feel great, and although it says to rest tomorrow, I *might* do the 5/2/5 again in the morning, because it helps me feel motivated to do things around my house. :laundy:

Got up at 6:30 a.m. and did the first day of the Cto5k Plan! I did 5 minute walking/2 minute jogging/5 minute walking and in 12 minutes walked 0.75mi. :thumbsup2

I feel great, and although it says to rest tomorrow, I *might* do the 5/2/5 again in the morning, because it helps me feel motivated to do things around my house. :laundy:

Way to go!! :cheer2::cheer2: C25K is such a great way to start running.

I'm new to this thread, but I'm doing the C25K program for the third time -- this time with the Ease into 5K iPhone app mentioned above, and it feels SO much easier than the times I used Cool Running's programs. I think it is more incremental.

Tomorrow is W3D3!

I'm doing the Ease into 5k too, it's the Jeff Galloway program. I've completed two days so far:cool1:Both runs I completed over a mile!!

I want to run the Bunny Run 5k, the Saturday before Easter :) Then the following weekend is the Girl Scout Thin Mint Sprint 5k, which I think I'll have to do more walking (than running) with my 7 year old daughter.

Good luck to everybody!

Wow, all you guys with your 5K's are impressive!:thumbsup2

So, for a newb, 5K is a 5 mile run and you have to have good time right?

Wow, all you guys with your 5K's are impressive!:thumbsup2

So, for a newb, 5K is a 5 mile run and you have to have good time right?

5K is 3.1 miles. Some 5K's might have specific pacing requirements, but for most you can go as slow as you like. The particular race I'm aiming for has results that range from 17min to over 50min.

5K is 3.1 miles. Some 5K's might have specific pacing requirements, but for most you can go as slow as you like. The particular race I'm aiming for has results that range from 17min to over 50min.

Ha, all this time I thought it was 5 miles. I will have to think about it. It all depends on my stupid back. I used to walk over 3 miles without blinking an eye in the past.

Thanks!:thumbsup2

Hi guys! I haven't read through all the posts yet but I thought I'd say hello. I just started the C25K program. I just did w1d2 and it wasn't as hard as day one. I "ran" farther than last time and took longer for me to start breathing hard. I did have to stop running on the second to last set because I was going uphill. I want to be able to run to the top before I move to the next week. I'm pushing myself and trying to get in shape before our Disney trip in October. Good luck everyone!

Hey all! I can't believe the race is two weeks away. I am still on week 3 of the program. Ruh roh! I think I'll have to get up early this week and run. I already get up at 5am, so it looks like 4:30 a few days this week.

How is everyone else doing? Who else is going to the Princess 5k?

Hey all! I haven't posted in awhile, but I started the C25K program back in June of 2011 and yesterday I ran my first 1/2 Marathon!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Hey all! I haven't posted in awhile, but I started the C25K program back in June of 2011 and yesterday I ran my first 1/2 Marathon!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Wow, that is awesome. Congratulations! :cheer2:

I am about halfway through C25K, but I'm experiencing a minor setback this week. DS (15 months) picked up a virus and has been sick since Sunday, so I haven't run since Saturday ... and it's killing me!

I'll be up to W5D1 when I get back into it, and I'm hoping I haven't lost all of my endurance. Any tips?

Wow, that is awesome. Congratulations! :cheer2:

I am about halfway through C25K, but I'm experiencing a minor setback this week. DS (15 months) picked up a virus and has been sick since Sunday, so I haven't run since Saturday ... and it's killing me!

I'll be up to W5D1 when I get back into it, and I'm hoping I haven't lost all of my endurance. Any tips?

How long will ho have been off? It is is more than a week I would repeat W4 and then go from there. But, that is just my opinion.

How long will ho have been off? It is is more than a week I would repeat W4 and then go from there. But, that is just my opinion.

Um, did you just call me a ho? Kidding.

I don't know when I will be able to run again. DS is getting better every day, but he still isn't sleeping well (I run in the early morning). The last time I ran was Saturday.

Um, did you just call me a ho? Kidding.

I don't know when I will be able to run again. DS is getting better every day, but he still isn't sleeping well (I run in the early morning). The last time I ran was Saturday.

:rotfl: Yeah...I can't type.

You should be fine to just pick up where you left off.

Glad I found this thread! tomorrow will be W2D3 for me. So far I'm really liking the program and i'm determined to stick with it! So much inspiration to be found on this post! Thank you!

I haven't read the entire thread so I apologize in advance if someone has already talked about this:
I started the Couch25K program in January and had a relative smooth first 3 weeks. But At the start of week 4 I "hit the wall" so to speak. My averages had been pretty consistent 16 to 15 minutes per mile. When the prgram required me to run for 5 min, straight my average went way up to 18mm. I decided to redo week 3. I then talked to a friend that's doing the Jeff Galloway run/walk/run program and she recomended it to me.
I just finished my 2nd day with it. I walk 1 minute and run 1 minute. I did the entire 3.1 miles (5K) with an average of 13:37mm. And I'm doing the Royal Family 5K on Saturday and training for the Tower of Terror 10-miler.
I'm not saying that the c25k is not a good program just letting everyone know that there are other alternatives.
Keep up the great work everyone!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter