Couch to 5K support

RangerPooh said:
I aytempted it last summer and made it to week 3 before I stopped. I started again and am now on week 5. I too use the cool Runnings app and really like it. This weeks a doozie! Today was 5 walk, 8 jog, 5 walk, 8 jog, 5 walk. I looked ahead at tomorrow's and its 5 walk, 20 jog, 5 walk. This might be the first week that I repeat, not because its head but because I personally need more time to reach the goal.

I just did this same run and I think I will repeat the day tomorrow. Plus maybe another 5 minute run. Yikes, my poor out of shape body- lungs, legs, feet. But I am so proud of myself for finishing the run.

The Mystery Machine said:
I love reading your stories here. You guys are an inspiration and I hope to join you one day.:goodvibes

I have to really focus on stretching right now to get rid of my tight calf muscles, achilles tendon, and plantar fasciitis. It really stinks.

My plantar fasciitis is in the arch of my foot and not in the heel. After 10 mins on the treadmill, it hurts. I can't wait for better weather so I can hit the pavement instead. Pavement is easier on my feet.

I have extremely tight calf muscles and developed plantar fasciitis and posterior tibial tendinitis (shin splints) at about week 6 or 7 of the program. I finished the program, ran my 5k, and then stopped running so my legs could heel. Then got new sneakers, and tried again. Still problems. Went to a pedorthist who put lifts in my heels to stop my rolling, and Bingo! I can run!! I still have to do my stretching faithfully before and after, stretch my calf muscles regularly outside of that, but it is much better!!

Be sure to explore that your shoes are right for your feet. I was wearing stability shoes and they were too hard under my arch. The shoe guy explained it was like punching a bruise over and over: you get the arch issue and then the hard support of the stability shoe hits it over and over.

runsandjumps said:
I just did this same run and I think I will repeat the day tomorrow. Plus maybe another 5 minute run. Yikes, my poor out of shape body- lungs, legs, feet. But I am so proud of myself for finishing the run.

I attempted the 20 minutes straight and got close before having to call it quits. I made it to 17 minutes before I almost collapsed. This week will definitely be repeated as I am no where near a 10 minute mile yet!

I did hit our local paved trail system with my family and walked (limited jogging) 3.1 miles in 52 minutes. Not bad considering we stopped to talk with friends along the path as well as stopped to let the kids catch up/breath. Plus I had DH with me whose new to the program.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter