Cotempo Cafe or Roaring Fork?

Disneyfreak616

DIS Veteran
We have a ressie for Kona @ 9 on our non-park day, and then DStepdad will go back to the resort to relax/swim while DMom, DSis and I tour the MK resorts. We have a Garden View Tea ressie, but it's not till 3. We figure by around lunch time we will be done at the Poly and either be at the CR or the WL. So my question is, for a light snack that will hold us over until our tea, which do you recommend. Of course, if we go to WL, we will have to get a Magic cookie bar and their yummy brownies to share, and if we go to Contempo, we will have to share a dulce de leche cupcake. :love: Either way, I'm getting a yummy dessert. :laughing: The menus both look great, so I'm trying to decide, but I just can't choose! Sorry for my ranting! :rotfl:

We stayed at BLT our last trip and ate at the Contempo Cafe nearly every single day. It was really good if you ask me! The smoked turkey sandwich, the honey lime chicken an the turkey BLT were all great!

We stayed at the CR last year and I got pooped on by a bird not once, but twice while eating at the Contempo Cafe so I say go with WL.

Aside from my misfortune (which my 5 year old son still belly laughs at whenever he thinks about it), I was less than impressed by the CC.

You can also take the boat over to Fort Wilderness which is fun to explore. Not much of a light dining option, but still fun.

Also, the pools all have snack bars with burgers and such. That might be a nice option too.

My vote is by far Roaring Fork. I ate at Contempo once and birds aside, I thought the food was bizarre. Sometimes a normal turkey or chicken sandwich or a burger would be good, but this place had some "interesting" sandwich combinations. I quickly realized why it had so few patrons at lunchtime.

Contempo Cafe for sure. They have better food choices in my opinion. THey have sandwiches that aren't you're typical burger or grilled chicken, which is what I like about them. So if you're looking for something different give it a try.

Another vote for Contempo Cafe:thumbsup2 The cup cakes are amazing!

I also love the shops and arcade at the CR and I think it's a nice place to spend an afternoon.

Terri

My vote is for Contempo!(although I've never been to the other!)

The steak salad is SO delicous- and big- could split.

And the Dolce de leche cup cake is so tasty!!

Yum, wish I could have both of those right now!! :rotfl2:

if we go to Contempo, we will have to share a dulce de leche cupcake.

I've heard great stuff about the Contempo Cafe sandwiches, but when we went last year I got a chocolate cake something and was unimpressed. Daughter loved her "dirt cake," but I'm pretty sure she'd love anything with a gummy worm in it. ;) So I was going to recommend Roaring Fork. But when you specified the dulce de leche cupcake... well, I'm planning on stopping in for one of those, myself. :rolleyes:

Plus, Magic cookie bars are dead easy to make (I was making them years before anyone at Wilderness Lodge did), so that's another reason to do the cupcake. But really I expect you'll enjoy either, so I'd say just do the one that's closest when you're hungry. :)

While we love:love: WL. We find RF to be lacking in choices. CC does have some crazy stuff. Just ask for it plain or whatever. We have never had a problem with special request.

While we love:love: WL. We find RF to be lacking in choices. CC does have some crazy stuff. Just ask for it plain or whatever. We have never had a problem with special request.

I actually should have mentioned that we are all very adventurous eaters, so new and different foods are a welcomed thing. :goodvibes

Roaring Fork isn't very good. I mean, it's okaaay I guess but there aren't many choices and it's kind of crowded and slow.

Contempo Cafe on the other hand is efficient and has some interesting menu choices. I haven't had a bad meal there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter