Costumes for children

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by Pezalicious, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Pezalicious

Pezalicious Mouseketeer

Jun 25, 2007
    I'm currently planning a vacation for next year when my boyfriend's sister and family come out to visit us. His sister has a baby (she'll be a year when she's out here) and a little boy who is 6 or 7.

Are there costumes for 1 year olds? If not, I figured I'd get her a Disney-themed outfit.

Also, my main curiosity is what costumes are available for boys? I remember seeing more than usual when I went last March, but I can't remember what they were.

My 5 year old niece LOVED dressing up as Minnie when I went with her a couple years ago, so I'm hoping my boyfriend's nephew will be the same way.
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Misskitty3

Misskitty3 DIS Veteran

Aug 3, 2006
    Yes, there are costumes for 1 year olds. Last year DD was Minnie and she turned 1 yr old three days later. has a great on-line selection of costumes. Check the choices out there.

Costumes for boys: Peter Pan, pirates, Shrek, Lightening McQueen etc.
  4. ShawnaF

ShawnaF DIS Veteran

Apr 30, 2007
    TONS of costumes for 1 year olds! We did Lilly's Kids for hers, but World of Disney has lots of things too.
  5. Dukland

Dukland A.K.A Mrs. Incredible

Feb 28, 2006
    Check out a Disney Store near you, as they will be coming out with costumes for Halloween soon. Oh, in fact, check out as I believe they already have their costume shop set up.

My ds, 3, has never dressed up in Disneyland. But I bet he will this next time around, as he loves his dress up costumes. His favorite is Spiderman, but he also loves his Buzz Lightyear costume. We also have a Pirate costume, and then a Dr costume, too. Santa tends to hit the good sales after Halloween, especially at the Disney Store.

My youngest will be the second baby to wear the Tigger costume I have. My older son wore it as an almost one year old. My youngest will turn one in September, and it should fit him, too. We still also have a Piglet costume that my dd wore as an almost one year old, too.

Disney-themed outfits work well, too. Even some t-shirts from the Disney Store are very cool. I think both times we went to Disneyland, my dd had on a Disney shirt of some kind every day. My ds pretty much did, too.
  6. ScooterL

ScooterL DIS Veteran

Dec 16, 2005
    If the boy is into Star Wars and might be interested in being chosen for the Jedi Training Academy, then I highly recommend a Star Wars costume or at least a t-shirt - kids wearing Star Wars-themed outfits seem to be more likely to be chosen to participate. Besides, all the little Padawans wandering around DL look really cute! :-)