Costco gift card and final balance

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by erinfarber, Jan 27, 2013.

1. erinfarber

erinfarber Mouseketeer

If you book your cruise through Costco, can you use Costco gift cards torwards the final balance?

2. ers26

ers26 Earning My Ears

Unfortunately, you can't. You won't receive your Costco gift cards until a couple of weeks after you've returned from your cruise.

3. Luv2Diz

Luv2Diz We love the Wonder and Magic of Disney cruising!

OP may already have Costco gift cards they received as a Christmas gift, birthday gift, etc. I'm not sure if they can be used toward a cruise. I'd be interesting in hearing if they can!

4. hrhdhd

hrhdhd Mouseketeer

Why not just call and ask?

877-849-2730

5. erinfarber

erinfarber Mouseketeer

That was exactly why I was asking. I have a few costco gift cards that were given to me for Christmas. It did not occur to me to mention I was not referring to the Costco gift card you receive after the cruise has been completed. I guess I will try and call costco and see what they say. I will post their reply.

6. erinfarber

erinfarber Mouseketeer

I just called Costco. They will not allow you to use Costco gift cards torwards the purchase of the cruise. I also asked if it was an option to pay in cash at costco. They do not allow this either, they accept credit card transactions only. Oh well, it was worth a shot.