Costco.com Shipping

Piecey

<font color=darkorchid>I find myself fighting with
We're not Costco members but I'm debating buying a membership (there isn't a Costco around here) but they have the formula DS eats online for a heck of a lot cheaper than I've ever found (34oz for $27ish vs. the 23oz tubs I buy here for $24!)

Anyway, I don't want to buy a membership for this if shipping is astronomical.

Can anyone shed some light? I tried to fake going through the checkout but it wanted a membership #.

So. The point of my thread... is the shipping reasonable?

I haven't ordered something from costco.com in about a year (tickets to Disneyland/Universal last year) and remember the cost for shipping was reasonable. They have a no-quibble return policy and if for any reason you're not happy with your membership you can cancel and get it back. We've been members for 20 years now. Not sure how far Costco is from you but I do know that if you purchase anything on costco.com that you have a change of heart you can return it to the store for a full refund AND I was told regarding the tickets I would have received a refund of the shipping charge. I was floored about that. Luckily we didn't need to cancel our trip but it was good to know that I wasn't out the almost $800 in tickets if you decided not to go to California (which was a possibility last year since I was POA of an 94 yo relative that just was discharged from a 1mo hospitalization in ICU/3 mo rehab stay.
Go for the membership, you really can't lose $$ and can really save in the long run.
Carolyn

Just don't fill in the membership number. As far as I saw, it's not a required field. From what I understand, they will still sell it, but charge a percentage (I think it's 2%, but I could be crazy) for not being a member. See if you can figure out the shipping without putting in the membership number.

The shipping for 3 cans of 38 oz formula to me would be $12.18. Hope that helps you gauge.

I went to Costco.com and put 3 Isomil Soy Advance in my cart, with standard shipping this is my total. It did state that shipping cost was determined by location. I am in the Richmond, VA area. I hope this helps.

Cart Summary

Subtotal: $83.67
Estimated S&H: $12.59
Estimated Tax: $2.72
Estimated Total: $98.98

Costco, BJs and Sam's Club all offer one-day visitor passes. They usually come in the membership mailer, so if you know anyone who's a member, they can scan/send you the coupon or number.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter