Costa Maya dolphin swim

disneycruiser22

Mouseketeer
can anyone tell me their experience with this? can you take pictures? if not, what are their picture rates?

We plan on booking this for our trip. I have read from some people that the cozumel and grand cayman dolphin swims are better, but we have other things planned there. I did a search on You tube so I could see what it looked like and turned up some videos. You could also try the cruise critic board. They have a board for Costa Maya.

My daughter and I did the dolphin swim in Costa Maya. It was very convenient (just walk down the looong pier and it is to your left). Observers can watch from the surrounding area, and do not need to pay to be an observer. My husband took photos of us from a lounge chair. You can also purchase a photo CD for $50. However, this only gives you the photos for 1 person (ie - I would have had to purchase 2 CD's to get the pictures of both my daughter and me). Here are 2 pics of the swim area:

p11054181-4.jpg

p671475471-4.jpg

Hope this helps! :beach:

I know you could buy separate pictures, but they were really expensive. I can't remember the exact cost, but I did end up getting the CD of my daughter, since swimming with dolphins was on her bucket list. The CD contained all the pics that they took of the person. I know that the CD ended up being the better deal, though. I didn't get the CD for myself since dh was also taking pics. :goodvibes

The costa maya dolphin swim is a very small area. We always thought the dolphins did not look like they were treated well. Can't imagine paying money for that experience. Costa Maya has always been one of our least favorite ports. Small and uninviting

I too thought the dolphins at Costa Maya looked like they were not treated well at all! One of ours had a big sore on its nose area where they wanted us the give a kiss for a picture :worried:. I asked about it and the trainer said casually that they bang their faces against the walls of the pool.... never will I do that one again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter