COST ??? Transportation, Palo, Remy, Tip

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by staffieri, Oct 21, 2011.

1. staffieri

staffieri DIS Veteran

We are booked on the 7 day in September and I have a few cost questions. We have two adults and three kids in our party and we are in two cabins.Does anyone know the cost of....
    Tips? For Dinning and cabin steward

Cost for going to Remy and Palo

How much for transportation to Port and them from Port to airport. I know Disney charges $70 a person.

THANKS!!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mmouse37

mmouse37 DCL Diva!!

Tips are roughly $12 per day per guest (will cover all the tipped positions) so $420 for your whole family for the 7 day cruise. $12 pp x 5 guests = $60.00. $60.00 x 7 days = $420. You will receive envelopes in your stateroom with the tipped positions printed on them.

Remy $75 pp

Palo $20 pp

Transportation - DCL $35 pp each way, a rental car could be anywhere from approx. $30 up depending on what car you rented for the day, limo services you would have to research.

Porter tips would be about $2 per bag and room service tips are at your discretion.....usually a few bucks for each delivery.

MJ

4. thepops

thepops DIS Veteran

Disney recommends $12/nite per person so the total would be 7*5*12 .. a total of $420 for all of you.
    Palo was $20/person (and an additional tip if you want)
    Disney is 70 per person round trip.
    We used Orlando Chauffeured Service (OCS) and they were significantly cheaper for the 5 of us (even with the drivers tip).

5. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

Most towncar/limo services will be cheaper for 5 people than DCL transfers. There are many good companies out there. For a minivan rental, I have paid from $34 to $93 including all taxes and fees; you need to add for tolls and gas. I can't see placing 5 people + luggage in something much smaller than that!:goodvibes

Another thought if you are flying in the night before--the Wyngate hotel has a cruise package that includes shuttle from MCO to hotel when you arrive, hotel stay, breakfast, and ROUND TRIP transportation to the cruise terminal (on the way home, your choice whether they take you to MCO or the hotel!). I priced it out on a couple of dates. For 2, it was $210 (IMHO, not a wonderful deal,) but for 5 it was $270. That's a seriously good deal, considering that DCL transfers alone would be $350!

6. gretchenohar@hotmail

gretchenohar@hotmail <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

Thank you for that info, kcasner! I'm going to check them out right now.
    How did you find that deal? Is it a special promo?