Cost of parking at Port Canaveral

kcarl021

Mouseketeer
I'ev searched throught the threads and can't find how much it costs per day to park at Port Canaveral. Does anyone know? The future inlaws are considering driving if it makes sense and is cheaper.

Thanks!

Spend the night before in a hotel in port and parking and shuttle is free..........

We paid $10 a day for the parking lot across the street. People have said that you must be carefull not to leave any food in the car because it will be full of ants. That is true anywhere in Florida. Very safe and clean area. The porters will carry your luggage across the street and help you put them into your car. They are wonderful. Don't hesitate to use it. It can sometimes be easier than waiting for a shuttle to a hotel and trying to all fit in the shuttle.

:rotfl2: :cold: :teacher: ...we drove to Florida once and of course had all kinds of refreshments and sealed snacks in the car. On my 2nd day home, driving home from work ....I noticed hundreds of moving dots in the car. I had to drive 20 minutes home before I could fumigate. BEWARE!!!!!!!!!! :rotfl2:

We have parked at port on several occasions, and most of the time - no problem... Last time we left a cooler in the car (I had drained removed any known food items). They evidently can smell leftover crumbs because the cooler had hundreds of ants (maybe even thousands) in it. I don't think we found ants anywhere else int he car...
fyi...
And, oh yeah...we paid $10 a day ($70 for the week long cruise)...paid at the time that you park...

Thanks for the warning about the ants!! YUCK!! I would never had thought about that! I live in WI and have never seen ants in a vehicle before, so good tip! :Pinkbounc

Speaking of which. Thank goodness I clean out the car this weekend. Found a loan french fry under the front seat on one of the metal bars. Not even sure how I missed it in the past :( Boy that would have been trouble. I'm going to pick up some ant kill (granules..sp?) and spread them around tires to help deter the little buggers. Also they say don't park near the sandy/shady areas! Can you say middle of the parking lot!

This all has been so helpful! Thank you so much to everyone. Who knew I would need to tell them to worry about ants? Not a great way to start things off with the future inlaws for sure! Thanks!

There once was a suggestion of spreading comet on the parking spot. The bleach keeps the ants down. We too had a van full of ants.

Last I heard most of the ants were where the trees were. Both times we parked away from them and no problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts