Cost of milk at resort?

frannn

<font color=blue>please stop the madnesssss alread
I'm thinking of buying the juice box sized parmalot milk for DD, who will be 1 when we go to DW. They are about 1.99 for a three pk. If the dr wants her to have milk every day, as she'll just be getting off formula, this could really add up in 14 days (Boca & WDW). We will not have a fridge in the room. I remember reading that it was less expensive to buy the milk in the resort gift shop, but can't remember how much. Thanks!

Milk at the giftshop is about $1-$1.50 (IIRC) for a 16 ounce plastic bottle. It is more expensive in the food court. Since you will be traveling for 14 days I would recommend buying a cooler when you hit the ground. A regular one is less than $20. You can also bring your own collapsable cooler like we do. Change the ice twice a day and your milk shoud stay plenty cold. That way you can buy a larger container and save money, or spilt one 16 oz bottle into 2 or 3 servings. A cooler will also help keep "adult" drinks cold as well as cream cheese for bagels, juice, fruit, etc. Make sure to pack some ziplocks to keep some things from getting soggy.

$1.50 for a quart or $2.95 for a half gallon in the resort shops. Around $2 for a half pint in the food court/restaurants. Not sure how much smaller containers are in the resort shop since I have three big boys!

I second the cooler suggestion. We wouldn't dream of traveling without one.

Ditto on the cooler! Softsided ones work great!

Will you do a grocery stop? It might be worth it. Pack collapsible cooler . We've used this and it works just as well. Bring big ziplocs to put the ice in and just change it daily. We are bringing lots of drinks /snacks and breakfast on our trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter