Cost of Disney Family Vacation

I think this amount largely depends on family size. Last trip we were a family of 7 (4 counted as Disney adults) and 3 children. Our room options were very limited and we ended up renting points for a 2 bedroom at OKW. A huge discount, but with tickets and meals and flying my oldest down, it still cost almost 10,000. No matter what I did with room cost or eating in the room (which we did) I could not bring down the ticket price for that many people!!

We are now 6 people, and I am trying to work an October trip for $4000 and it is going to take a huge discount and still may not be possible. If someone can make that work (4 disney adults, 2 children) please tellme what I am missing!!

Family of 3 (including a teen). Florida residents, AP holders, DVC (small contract, bought resale, long paid for).

Spring Break of this year (actual)
3 nights POR (AP Rate with QS plan)
3 nights BCV (DVC with Deluxe Dining)
1 night AKL (DVC, no dining plan)
tickets - AP's from previous December trip
transportation - just a tank of gas each way

My exact Excel figures are $3037. We don't usually spend a lot and hit the Disney outlets for souvenir spending because we're not picky at this point. That figure also includes a $350 kennel bill.

Winter Break this year (planned)
2 nights AKL (standard) with regular dining plan and an AP rate
using last three days of AP's and not renewing just yet so no WDW tickets needed
4 nights Royal Pacific, water view, pin code rate (never get them for WDW go figure)
will buy FL resident AP's
3 nights Rennaissance Sea World package - was a slam deal - buy 2 nights, get one free, Sea World/Busch/Aquatica passes for the trip (I think they're good for 14 days and expire - we'll just use three and be done) plus free all day dining (one day at each park - Aquatica may go unused)

Kennel bill will be huge as we've adopted a puppy and have upgraded our kennel experience to where we adopted from - and they're not cheap at all.

Total expected: $4200.

We rarely travel other than those two trips each year. I price out a lot of other trips but Orlando usually comes out cheapest for us because we're Florida residents/DVC members. The dining plan is the thing I wish we could skip but our kiddo is autistic and doesn't ride much. The restaurants are a big part of the experience for her (she loves them) and the dining plan just makes me feel better about that cost. We could probably do better with TIW but TIW isn't a good deal at the buffets that she enjoys so it's the dining plan for us.

US/IOA and Sea World/Busch were her request. We haven't been to any of those parks in about eight years!

No matter what I did with room cost or eating in the room (which we did) I could not bring down the ticket price for that many people!!

Ticket prices are killer. You can always move off site and eat off site or make your own food, and shop for deals on airplane tickets or rental cars, but the ticket price is what it is and that's pretty much the end of it. :sad1: The one exception is the Y.E.S. program, which offers various classes my kids would love, but that hasn't been an option when we've gone so far.

7000 for a 5 night trip:scared1:Thats way more per day than spending 10,000 on a 2 week trip. I think I would rather spend the extra 3 grand and get 9 more days.

That was actually our last trip, which was considerably more because we took our in-laws and had a 2BR villa at the BLT. We paid for their entire trip so it was about $2500 more than we would typically spend. I am so happy that they went with us because it was their first trip to Disney and it meant so much to our kids to have them there but I gulped when I got the "final payment due" email :).

7000 for a 5 night trip:scared1:Thats way more per day than spending 10,000 on a 2 week trip. I think I would rather spend the extra 3 grand and get 9 more days.

That was actually our last trip, which was considerably more because we took our in-laws and had a 2BR villa at the BLT. We paid for their entire trip so it was about $2500 more than we would typically spend. I am so happy that they went with us because it was their first trip to Disney and it meant so much to our kids to have them there but I gulped when I got the "final payment due" email :).

I got our tickets for 227.00 each roundtrip. The Suite was 1100.00 and the park hoppers were 333.00 each. Like I said... I searched and searched and found some great deals...

We said at CBC last year on a bounce back offer. For the four our us, 5 nights with free dining it was $2400 plus airfare from Canada.
We are fortunate to live near Detroit so we always fly from Detroit to save $$$.

We just returned from a 5 night stay at the Yacht Club. I decided to splurge a bit and stay near Epcot since I love the Food and Wine fest. For the four of us, DDP, park hopper passes, it came to $2900. We fly Southwest and 4 return tickets came to $771.00. Once you factor in tipping, souvenirs, cash to spend on extras, it can add up.

We ended up upgrading our passes to AP, since we will be back in August to stay with my brother at the Beach club where he is a DVC member.

I think Disney attracts people from all walks of life. There are many people who prefer to stay at value, eat breakfast in the room, make pb&j sammies for lunch, drink water, etc... Then there are people who stay deluxe club level and eat signature meals, etc.

For me, I wouldn't spend that much on a disney vacation. I would go somewhere else. I could see how one could easily spend that given the choices at WDW.

For our upcoming trip (first onsite), we picked POR not a deluxe. I couldn't justify the extra $2k in my mind. It isn't that I couldn't afford it, I just don't feel it would be worth it to us. I would rather allocate that extra money towards a 7 night all-inclusive in Mexico later in the year!

WDW is all about choices...there is something for everyone!

There is nowhere else I know of where once you arrive your taken care of so well. Transportation provided. Great customer service they go above and beyond to make your stay magical and they have resorts for every budget. We love it!!! And we pay more to stay at club level (with ap discount of course) and its awesome!:love:

So far, from what I have the cost of our upcoming trip is:

WDW: WL 8 nights, 8 day PH, DDP, 3-A/1C: $4600

Airfare: $1400

MVMCP: $183

Photopass: $150

CRT: $220 (not totally sure)

BBB: $50

Rental Car: $226

Scooter rental: unknown

Tips etc: $300

Souvenirs/snacks/drinks/etc: $600

I am sure I am forgetting things too, like valet parking costs etc. I don't have a handicapped card, but should of gotten one, as I know I will need it there. I want to try and walk the parks, but if I have a long hike through a parking lot, that will cut my chances of success immensely.

Of course, we could go cheaper by staying value, no MVMCP, no BBB or CRT, etc, but since this is the first time, we are going to live it up and hope there will be a second time:wizard:. It is VERY costly and we didn't stay at a higher price deluxe, club level or villa. I shudder to think what the cost would have been then. Yikes!

Oh--totally forgot baggage costs, since we have to pack for different weather conditions and the cost of sending some stuff ahead, like water. Add another $200.

Okay, now I have written it all down, I am starting to freak out! LOL! :scared1: :guilty: :sick: :scared1: Now I am really hoping to have no scooter rental! :wizard:

We are a family of 5 from Canada (Pickering, Ontario). Last year we were able to go on our first Disney vacation for just under $5000. Mind you at the time my kids were 8, 3 & 2 so park tickets and airfare was free for one of them.
Instead of flying out of Toronto we drove to Detroit and flew from there.
I managed to get flights online for $160 roundtrip per person! Flying from Buffalo would have been double and from Toronto would have been triple or four times as much.
I also booked a 2BR condo at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek off of eBay for under $900 for the week and stayed at the Country Inn and Marriott for the other 2 nights we were there. We rented a car for the week as well.
We also ate at Disney 75% and even purchased Waterpark passes for one day along with seeing Cirque de Soleil's La Nouba.
Since it was our first Disney/Florida visit we definitely wanted to make the most of it. I'm itching to go again and definitely want to try staying onsite one day.

We are a family of 4 all considered adults (Over the age of 10). A trip for us, air fare, moderate hotel, park hopper & water park, meal plan, & airfare is $5100.00 without any discount. Then there's Photo pass. Ive been to WDW with the family 6 times & never paid an undiscounted amount. I do miss the days of the children being considered children, the youngest turnes 11 in January.But it's well wort the cost. the memories we have are irreplaceable.
Jim

$4,000 for free dining, 14 nights in PORS and 10 day park hopper.
$ 250 for 2 nights in ASM
$633 for 3 roundrip from philly to orlando.
$ 250 for a rental for 17 days
so thats what... $5100 and i really don't have to spend anymore money...AS IF...LOL i figure another $100 a day in spending on average and that brings us to right around $6800 if i actually stopped to think about that....i would slap myself for spending that much every year. But taken as a whole for the memories and experience and for the hospitality provided.... i couldn't imagine going anywhere else.... i am just saying.

So far, from what I have the cost of our upcoming trip is:

WDW: WL 8 nights, 8 day PH, DDP, 3-A/1C: $4600

Airfare: $1400

MVMCP: $183

Photopass: $150

CRT: $220 (not totally sure)

BBB: $50

Rental Car: $226

Scooter rental: unknown

Tips etc: $300

Souvenirs/snacks/drinks/etc: $600

I am sure I am forgetting things too, like valet parking costs etc. I don't have a handicapped card, but should of gotten one, as I know I will need it there. I want to try and walk the parks, but if I have a long hike through a parking lot, that will cut my chances of success immensely.

Of course, we could go cheaper by staying value, no MVMCP, no BBB or CRT, etc, but since this is the first time, we are going to live it up and hope there will be a second time:wizard:. It is VERY costly and we didn't stay at a higher price deluxe, club level or villa. I shudder to think what the cost would have been then. Yikes!

Oh--totally forgot baggage costs, since we have to pack for different weather conditions and the cost of sending some stuff ahead, like water. Add another $200.

Okay, now I have written it all down, I am starting to freak out! LOL! :scared1: :guilty: :sick: :scared1: Now I am really hoping to have no scooter rental! :wizard:

Just a suggestion but you want to consider grocery delivery instead of sending the water ahead. Garden grocer and We Go Shop are two places that will deliver to WDW. Since you have a fridge in your room, you may want water and some drinks/snacks stored there. Have a great trip!

OK, here goes:

There are two of us.

WL for 13 nights and park hoppers 10 days, with room discount: 3200.
Tickets : 2400
For daily expenses like food, souvenirs, tips, renting a car a few days, tickets for cape canaveral: 2200.
The I--forgot-this-item-roundup: 200.

Total: 8000.

We could fly cheaper but that would mean being cramped in economy for 11-13 hours. If we fly with a stop in Dublin and pay about 400 extra we fly premium economy/business. No real question there :) I'd rather wait a bit or not do another trip than ever again spend more than 4 hours on a plane in economy. Hell, i tell you, hell.

We have a bit more budgetted for souvenirs since we have one shopping trip planned to some malls in Orlando, some items are so much cheaper in the US than at home! We could actually earn back the extra airfare from that alone!

Still, a lot of money. I do think it is TOTALLY worth :thumbsup2it:thumbsup2

We live in Northern Maine and have stayed on Disney property four times. Airfare is expensive for us as well ( usually around 1500.00 for us and the two kids). Each time we have spent between 4500 to 5000 for the entire vacation. This includes meals, park tickets and sometimes a rental car. Each time has been 8 days total.

We bought a package price from the UK, for two adults. The package includes:

- round trip flight from Birmingham
- 14 nights at POFQ
- free QS DDP for our whole stay (the old one with 2 QS, 2 Snack each day and free refillable resort mug)
- 14 days unlimited park tickets
- $150 spending money
- preferred viewing of Illuminations and Wishes
- + a lot of discounts at DTD restaurants

The price of the package was just under $5000 with todays currency rate (approx £3200) I think we got a good deal :woohoo:

I am not so shocked by the budgets as I am by the length of everyone else's vacations! I am a teacher and my son is in high school, so we could easily spend 2 weeks at WDW in the summer, but DH is in the IT field. We are lucky if he actually gets to take his three weeks vacation in a year; more than one week at a time is out of the question. Most of our WDW trips are 3-4 nights over a weekend. Our last trip was 3 nights and 4 days at the GF in a standard room. It was about $1150 for the resort, about $1100 for airfare from NY, $121 for the rental of a Mazda 6 at Budget Rent-a-Car and about $600 for food. Our park passes had been paid for in 2009 when we bought 10 day unexpiring park hoppers for $1800, so we can pro-rate that to $540 for passes. It cost another $210 for the three tickets to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. That comes out to a little over $3600 for three nights, but it was an awesome three nights!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!