Cost of adding days and non-expiring to 4/3

Discussion in 'Disney Discount Codes and Rates' started by Mom3girls, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Mom3girls

Mom3girls DIS Veteran

If I have a package of 4/3 for 2A, 13,9,8yo with no park hopping and no water parks and would like to add hopping and water parks and make it 10 day non-expiring what would the new cost be?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. aka-mad4themouse

aka-mad4themouse <font color="blue">Budget Board Co-Host</font>

To upgrade from 7 days to 10 days costs about $9.58 per pass.

Hopping will cost an additional $53.25 per ticket, regardless of the number of days.

Waterpark Fun & More is another $53.25 per pass, regardless of the number of days.

Adding no-expiry to the 10-day pass (as part of the package, not later) will cost you $117.15 per pass.

The prices for the upgrades are the same whether you are applying it to a child's pass or an adult's pass.

4. Mom3girls

Mom3girls DIS Veteran

Do they add the price to get 10 days from the seven days even though I am technically only paying for four days. Or is the difference from a four day ticket to a ten day ticket? I'm not awake yet ( I worked late last night). TIA

5. aka-mad4themouse

They treat it as if you are adding 3 more days to a 7-day pass.

6. Mom3girls

Mom3girls DIS Veteran

Thanks so much. Not sure if I can afford the extra $1180 but it would be nice to have tickets for next time taken care of!

7. aka-mad4themouse

Maybe you can upgrade to just 9 days instead? You'll lose 1 park day and one waterpark option but you will save about $189 off of upgrading to a 10-day pass.

Cost to go from 7 days to 9 days = $6.39/pass

Cost of hopping & WF&M = $106.50/pass

Cost of adding no-expiry to a 9-day pass = $85.20 (when done as part of the package, not later)

Total cost to upgrade to 9-day MYW Premium (no-expiry) = $198.09

Total of cost upgrade for 5 passes = $990.45

If you were to also drop hopping, you would save another $266.25 off of the cost of the upgrade. That would bring the upgrade cost to $724.20.

8. su_A_ve

su_A_ve DIS Veteran

You should note that when dealing with a 4/3 deal rez, the prices for adding days and non-expire option are based on the 'paid days'.

To compare it with regular ticket prices, the price of a 7day base under the 4/3 deal is the same as a 4day base rack rate. The price of a 10day base under the 4/3 deal is the same as 7day base rack rate.

So to find out how much would it be for adding non-exp to a 10day base under the 4/3 deal, you should look at the price of a 7day base rack.

Note that hopper and water options are fixed regardless of the number of days.