Corral changes at the Expo - Any success stories?

furiated

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

So like a few other people I've seen online, I submitted a PoT for Marathon weekend (Dopey Challenge) and when the bib and corral info came out, I found myself back in Corral O. I emailed runDisney and they said they didn't show a PoT being submitted for me. I don't have a screenshot of my submission, before this I didn't know that there was a possibility that they could lose my PoT since I used the same race for my W&D, Dopey, and Star Wars Dark Side PoT, and W&D was fine, and I can still see my SW one. Obviously I'll start taking screenshots of all my PoT submissions going forward.

I'm going to try talking to Runner Relations at the expo, but the impression I get is that asking for a corral change there is like walking up to the gate at the Magic Kingdom and asking them to let you in for free :) So while I don't like my chances, I've heard that they have done corrections for people in the past. I thought I even saw someone on here post that they had their corral changed, but of course now that this information would be relevant, I can't find what thread that was in.

I'd love to hear from anyone that had their corral changes, or knows someone that did, what their situation was, what backup did you have, what did you say, what did they say, etc? I know my chances aren't great but if I know that there have been times when they did this before, I'd have a little more confidence when talking to them. From what I gather, they have stickers that they would give you to put over your corral on your bib?

Anyways, to sum up, I don't have a screenshot of my PoT submission, I realize that's on me, I know the official policy is No Corral Changes At The Expo, I'm prepared for that to be the case, but I'd like to hear about times they did make an exception for someone.

Thanks!

My wife and I are in the same position. I submitted both of our POTs and both Track Shack and rD say there is no record of it being received. I thought a might have saved something during the submission process but I'm not even sure what they're looking for. I'll be trying the same thing at the expo so I'm very interested to hear about other experiences as well. Good luck!

You're definitely not alone. My daughter and I are starting in P as well after a huge fiasco with sign ups, wrong corral placement and not being able to locate my daughter in the system because they had her birthday completely wrong. My daughter has placed top 3 in her age group and received several awards from runDisney and they still put her in P. We came in 4th place mother/daughter team at the Inaugural Tinker Bell Half and 5th place mother/daughter team at the 2011 Expedition Everest Challenge, ran the NYC Marathon, etc, etc, etc and they still placed us in P. Oh well...Like I mentioned in another thread...I'll try and have fun with running the Dopey Challenge, take lots of pics, drink a few drinks, ride a few rides and get my medals at the end to add to the collection.

You're definitely not alone. My daughter and I are starting in P as well after a huge fiasco with sign ups, wrong corral placement and not being able to locate my daughter in the system because they had her birthday completely wrong. My daughter has placed top 3 in her age group and received several awards from runDisney and they still put her in P. We came in 4th place mother/daughter team at the Inaugural Tinker Bell Half and 5th place mother/daughter team at the 2011 Expedition Everest Challenge, ran the NYC Marathon, etc, etc, etc and they still placed us in P. Oh well...Like I mentioned in another thread...I'll try and have fun with running the Dopey Challenge, take lots of pics, drink a few drinks, ride a few rides and get my medals at the end to add to the collection.

Congratulations.

My daughter and I are starting in P as well after a huge fiasco with sign ups, wrong corral placement and not being able to locate my daughter in the system because they had her birthday completely wrong.

In the other thread you said you missed POT. So it makes sense that you aren't in the expected corral. When you put an estimated time in the POT-needed range and then don't submit POT, that's what happens. I theorize that it's actually better to submit a slower time if there's a chance of missing POT deadline. Can't prove it, but it's my theory.

The birthday thing is a well known oddity. If you'd asked about it on the boards I'm sure someone could have helped you work that out. Sorry about the signup fiasco; again, someone here surely could have helped work that out too.

I feel bad for those who missed submitting POT, but I just don't see success in the future for corral changes.

Due to the current POT submission discussion I decided to log in to my Active account and verify that mine are in there. I've registered for the Glass Slipper and the Dark Side challenge. When I look at the registration for the Princess it says "Proof of Time Submission Acknowledgement Yes". On my Dark Side Challenge registration it lists out my POT run and all the info that I submitted for that run.

Does it look that way for anyone else, or is my Princess reg somehow messed up?

Due to the current POT submission discussion I decided to log in to my Active account and verify that mine are in there. I've registered for the Glass Slipper and the Dark Side challenge. When I look at the registration for the Princess it says "Proof of Time Submission Acknowledgement Yes". On my Dark Side Challenge registration it lists out my POT run and all the info that I submitted for that run.

They changed the process for newer races. For Princess we submitted times on runDisney.com and they closed that lastt month.

When I look at the registration for the Princess it says "Proof of Time Submission Acknowledgement Yes". On my Dark Side Challenge registration it lists out my POT run and all the info that I submitted for that run.

They changed the process for newer races. For Princess we submitted times on runDisney.com and they closed that lastt month.

@Ariel484 is correct. For Star Wars Dark Side, they are using Active.com to take the proof of time submission where, on all prior races, they were using a Track Shack website (I think).

@Ariel484 is correct. For Star Wars Dark Side, they are using Active.com to take the proof of time submission where, on all prior races, they were using a Track Shack website (I think).

Thank you both. I thought that there was a different process before. I was sure that I submitted for Princess since I did it twice. I had one race for POT and then had a great 10k that took off a bit of time so I submitted that one instead.

Yeah, the new method is good because it's password-protected. I'm guessing that's why they changed it.

Happened a lot with Wine and Dine this year. Everyone I met was basically told no proof no change. So unless you have a screenshot of the confirmation page after submission of POT on the trackshack/runDisney website they won't do anything. There were so many issues with the newer system including but not limited to people changing other people's POT when they had an argument online. We actually had recorded proof of that for Disneyland last year where 2 of our running group had their submission times resubmitted with lower information off their public active account due to fights online. They screencapped everything with time stamps to show at one point it did say their faster race time.

When we did the first TOT 10 miler, the DW was put in a lower corral than she should have been for the race. They looked at her time submission and then gave her a sticker for her bib that moved her up a couple of corrals.

Not saying this is standard or even current practice but it is one example of a success story! :)

When I did the full in 2011 one of my friends moved up a corral because they had set a new PR a few months prior. I am not sure if there was a policy change since then.

Last edited:
When we did the first TOT 10 miler, the DW was put in a lower corral than she should have been for the race. They looked at her time submission and then gave her a sticker for her bib that moved her up a couple of corrals.

Not saying this is standard or even current practice but it is one example of a success story! :)

When I did the full in 2011 one of my friends moved up a corral because they had set a new PR a few months prior. I am sure if there was a policy change since then.

The policy has changed since both of these. I believe it was the 2014 running season that saw the end of corral changes at the expo. It was just beginning to get out of hand and a lot of faking going on.

Where can I find my corral assignment??

Edited to Add:
Forget it. I found it on my waiver.

Last edited:
The policy has changed since both of these. I believe it was the 2014 running season that saw the end of corral changes at the expo. It was just beginning to get out of hand and a lot of faking going on.

So, in the age of always connected, very easy to verify online race results in a matter of seconds, they opted to place many runners in corrals where they will be attempting to pass thousands of runners/walkers who are perhaps 7-8 minutes per mile slower? The purpose of corrals is so this doesn't occur. Whoever made that decision obviously needs to re-think it.

So, in the age of always connected, very easy to verify online race results in a matter of seconds, they opted to place many runners in corrals where they will be attempting to pass thousands of runners/walkers who are perhaps 7-8 minutes per mile slower? The purpose of corrals is so this doesn't occur. Whoever made that decision obviously needs to re-think it.

Most people who end up in a corral that is not correct ended up there because they did not submit proof of time or did not have a race by proof of time cut off. So that would be the runners fault not Disney's. The few times there has been proof of a tech issue or tampering (screen shots of confirmation page from original submission) runDisney handles it.

Wanted to add that some people also end up in corrals they believe are wrong because they are doing the challenges. When you run a challenge they knock you back a corral or two because they adjust your estimated finish time based on the fact you are running distances each day (sometimes just a 10K, sometimes a half, and for Doopey you are running a crazy amount before the marathon) so they adjust due to assumed slower pacing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter