Coronado Springs

mrcjab

Earning My Ears
Just back from our Disney trip. We stayed at the Coronado Springs resort and loved it. It is such a pretty hotel, especially at night. Everyone was very friendly. Everything went smoothly. We have absolutely no complaints. There was what seemed to be a large convention there (New York Life I think?) and the only time we saw them is if we were in the lobby. Room was spotless, a/c perfect, pool lovely, Maya Grill very tasty, grounds beautiful, people friendly & helpful, buses often, bus stops convenient. Highly recommend.

Thanks for posting your review. We'll be there in June and I appreciate hearing from people who have experienced CSR recently. I have a teaching conference there and we were going to switch resorts after the 3 days of my conference, but I hear so many good things that I think we'll just stay put!

mrcjab,

We will be having our first stay at CSR in Oct. Any suggestions for room locations? Also, not sure if you ate there, but any thought on Pepper Market? Any helpful info you have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I'm going to be at CSR in 17 days (yippee!), and I can't wait! Thanks for the update on the resort.

I was a bit apprehensive about trying a new place, but everyone has had such positive things to say, I'm really looking forward to it!

We were just at the CSR and liked it alot. We were right by the Dig Site in Cabanas 8A in a water view room (#8242). The view of the lake was awesome. There was no noise to be heard from the Dig Site pool area when in the room.

The pool and it's Jaguar slide is so much fun. The pyramid temple is a sight to behold.

If you have the chance, try to be at the pool opening at 10am. The lifeguards get all the guests to sit at the bottom of the temple and repeat some chants that end in everyone yelling, "Wa-ter, wa-ter, wa-ter!" Then they turn on the water and it cascades down the steps.

They did this on a saturday morning and I'm not sure if they do it every morning.
If you wanted, I bet you could get there around 9:45 in the morning and say to a guard, "Hey, you're going to do the water chant thing today, right? We were really looking forward to it!" How could they refuse?????

We only ate at the Pepper Market once (only because we had so many PS's for other dinners and we were at the parks so much) but it was fun and different. We received alot of attention from the manager who seemed very concerned in a good way that we understood how it worked. And he wanted to know how we liked the food and the portion sizes.

Be careful of the bird poop! I leaned against a railing and got bird do-do on my 2003 Disney tshirt. It ate right into it and permanently stained it in about two nanoseconds!

The Dig site's pool area has great food at Siesta's and it's very convenient to refill your mugs there.

Enjoy! And post your report when you get back!!!!

Mrcjab, where did you stay in CSR? We are going to be there in October (and I can't wait!). This will be my first time at this resort and I am really looking forward to it. How were the beds, were they comfortable? lol I am really nervous about that!

Thanks!

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We are headed there very shortly and we are so excited about it! Bigtinkfun...I guess we will be there at the same time. Have a great trip! :smooth:

We are just back for the Coronado August 9-21. Even thought this was not our first time staying at the CSR we enjoyed ourselves once again. Matter of fact DD (5) started crying when we left because she did not want to leave. That alone told DH and I that every dime spent on this trip was well worth it!!!

Any-who! DH and I have always stayed in building Cabanas 9B, and requested it this past trip. Unfortunatley 9B was not available due to rehab of the section. They instead offered us Casitas Building 3 room 3244 (waterview). The view was wonderful and the Casitas are beautiful. We now have two favorite sections of CSR but more partial to the Casitas. We enjoyed our stay very much and I'm quite sure you will too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter