Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2012

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by StitchandPooh'sMom, Nov 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ilivetogo

Ilivetogo I really DO want to live there!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

4. TaraPA

TaraPA <font color=navy>I will think of that animatronic

KatMark it's soon time to go isn't it?!?! Is your surprise still a surprise? So far mine is! Thanks for the pic of you, now I know who to look for - but I think you leave early on the 14th - correct? There's always next time!

To the poster asking about views: I go to WDW a few times a year & never ever pay for views. I'd rather put the money towards my next trip. Even if I look at dumpsters or the parking lot, I can leave my room & in a few short steps see the most beautiful things around the resort. A nice view isn't high on my priority list for a Disney trip.

5. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

Tara, yes, it's still a surprise. Mark finds out in about 4-1/2 hours.

We arrive tomorrow, the 6th, and leave on Tuesday, the 11th.

If we don't meet, there is next time.

Have a magical time.

6. party-of-five

party-of-five Mouseketeer

Enjoy!

7. party-of-five

I hope the lines look just like that! :thumbsup2

We should be arriving at CSR around 10:15. I'm hoping the rooms are ready, we can drop off our stuff, and head to AK for a few hours before dinner at Maya Grill. :cool1:

8. StitchandPooh'sMom

StitchandPooh'sMom <font color=magenta>Now if only I could think of s

We will be waiting to hear the details of the big reveal! :hourglass

9. bjbryant

bjbryant Earning My Ears

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and really appreciate seeing the pictures of Coronado Springs. I'm a veteran Disney traveler considering a stay at CSR during the Princess 1/2 Marathon this year (because CSR is hosting the Fit to be a Princess Expo). Reading some reviews, I'm a little nervous about the convention center and the reviews stating that CSR does not have the "Disney feel." What are your opinions on this? I do the love the Disney themes of the Value Resorts and that's what I'm used to, but Coronado Springs looks like an attractive resort. Do convention attendees detract from the Disney feel? How does CSR compare to the other moderates? Any help will be appreciated!:)

10. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

Sorry everybody...we got involved with packing, dropping off my car by my brother so he and mom can come tomorrow to stay with dog while we are gone.

Let's just say that he danced like he did with Eeyore in September and was totally surprised. He couldn't believe it and asked who paid for it? :lmao::lmao::lmao:

9:40 a.m. flight in the morning; I promise I will update with at least one picture a day on my PTR if I can and FB updates.

11. Amy&Dan

Amy&Dan DIS Veteran

Kathy, so glad the surprise went well! What a great gift for Mark (that you can enjoy as much lol) especially given the year you guys have had. :hug:

I haven't checked fb this much since my niece was having her baby a year ago!

Have a great time, can't wait for your updates and photos.

Safe trip!

12. ktaggie

ktaggie Mouseketeer

We arrive for our first ever CSR stay on Monday. Can't wait.

13. michsig

michsig DIS Veteran

A month from tomorrow we will be at CSR! We usually fly in, but we will be on a cruise with friends from January 3-7, so we will be renting a car and driving from Ft. Lauderdale Airport to Disney on the 7th! CANNOT WAITTTTTTTTTTTTTTT to be back at my favorite place :goodvibes

14. michsig

michsig DIS Veteran

You will love it!

15. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

Thanks, Amy. We're at the airport about to board our plane...can't wait. Thanks for "stalking" my FB page. :goodvibes

16. pbarager

pbarager DDC #720

Just did online check in. We arrive at CSR in 10 days!!!!!:banana::banana:

17. StitchandPooh'sMom

Love it! :yay:

Have a magical trip! pixiedust:

:dance3:

18. StitchandPooh'sMom

I think CSR has as much of a Disney feel as any of the other moderates and deluxes. The values are in a class by themselves with the giant icons. CSR is understated, but it is definitely Disney to us (even our kids). You probably won't notice any conventioners at all - generally you might see some people with nametags and might notice Pepper Market being crowded at breakfast, but you'll also notice that the pool and buses are pretty empty for the size of the resort.

19. party-of-five

:jumping1: three more days! :jumping1:

Two more days and I can finally tell the kids! The waiting is killing me!

20. Falicity

Falicity Earning My Ears

10 more days and we will be arriving for 14 days of fun.

21. DisneyRunnerChick

DisneyRunnerChick Princess of the Sneakers

We've stayed at all the values and moderates, and none of the moderates have the big metal sculptures that accompany the values (the closest may be the alligator sculptures and mardi gras details at POFQ.) The themeing tends to be more inline with World Showcase or some of the Disney restaurants- not characterish, but still completely themed and amazing. For CSR, it's like a Latin American paradise, and, IMO, it's the prettiest/most relaxing moderate. While there may not be a giant Goofy at a hockey rink, you'll still feel totally immersed in the magic. Plus the hot tub and hammocks should be awesome post race! That's my plan for after the marathon in January!

We didn't have any trouble with conventioneers nor was the size of the resort really an issue. I love this place and can't wait to go back!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.