Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody at CSR now? I'd love to read a trip report!

I stayed at CSR for the first time last month during the Princess Half Marathon. I really loved everything about it - the room, restaurants, and lake path. :lovestruc There are a number of photos of the hotel and our Preferred room (Casitas Building 3) in my summary file here. (It's 16MB so it might take a few minutes to upload. If it's too slow, there's a button at the top of the page to download the PDF file.) :badpc:

I stayed at CSR for the first time last month during the Princess Half Marathon. I really loved everything about it - the room, restaurants, and lake path. :lovestruc There are a number of photos of the hotel and our Preferred room (Casitas Building 3) in my summary file here. (It's 16MB so it might take a few minutes to upload. If it's too slow, there's a button at the top of the page to download the PDF file.) :badpc:

Thanks for the pics! We are staying for the first time in June. I was nervous staying there but it looks very pretty. The restaurants and pool look awesome! Congrats on your half marathon! :goodvibes

Bus stop 2 is by Casitas 4, opposite end of CSR. Bus stop 1 at the main building is very close to Cabanas 9B, but it is the last stop to load for the parks.

OK, another question about the bus stops. How long of a walk is it from Cabanas 9B and the Bus Stop. It looks to me Bus Stop 4 would be closest rather than Bus Stop 1.
With it(bus stop 4) being the 3rd stop in the bus route, how likely is it to be a problem getting on the bus for a family of 5 (if the bus were full)?
Thanks

Do they allow people to use pool noodles in the pools? I'm thinking of bringing a couple of them along, but I don't want to if it's something the lifeguards can't allow.

If they do allow them, do they have some available to use or is it best to throw a couple in the car?

I have a question about the CSR buses. How late do they run? If we are at dig site at night and want to take bus back to Casitas, what bus stop would we get on? Also, if we are staying in Casitas 4, the nearest bus stop is stop 2, right? if we get on bus in am to the parks, does that bus stop go all the way around the resort or does it go straight to parks?

I have a question about the CSR buses. How late do they run? If we are at dig site at night and want to take bus back to Casitas, what bus stop would we get on? Also, if we are staying in Casitas 4, the nearest bus stop is stop 2, right? if we get on bus in am to the parks, does that bus stop go all the way around the resort or does it go straight to parks?

Honestly, by the time you walk from the Digsite to bus stop 4, wait for the bus, and then ride it around to Casitas, it would be much much quicker to walk and not much more walking than the walk to the bus stop.

Bus stop 2 is by Casitas 4. It is the first stop to load for the parks. You do have to ride around to the other 3 stops, but you will always get a seat. Most consider bus stop 2 the best stop. Casitas 4 is our favorite location at CSR.

Just booked CSR Business Class for Oct/Nov 2013! We've been to CSR once before and really liked it. :banana::banana: Very excited!!

Do they allow people to use pool noodles in the pools? I'm thinking of bringing a couple of them along, but I don't want to if it's something the lifeguards can't allow.

If they do allow them, do they have some available to use or is it best to throw a couple in the car?

I've never seen noodles just floating in the Disney pools; unlike the Universal hotels where they have them free for use. I asked in another post if they sell the noodles at the pool. I was told that if it was a busy time of year that they do sell them at the pool.

7:00 AM is when you can check in for that day. If you do online check-in and put your arrival time as 7:00 AM and have no requests for location, you might get lucky and have a (previously unoccupied) room ready for you. Otherwise, leave your stuff with Bell Services and they'll text you your room number when it's ready.

Thank you fro the info. I am getting very excited and can not wait! I have 90 days as of today!!!:cool1:

Is anything open late evenings (like after midnight, if we return after a MNSSHP?)... a place to refill mugs, grab food if we're starving, etc

OK, another question about the bus stops. How long of a walk is it from Cabanas 9B and the Bus Stop. It looks to me Bus Stop 4 would be closest rather than Bus Stop 1.
With it(bus stop 4) being the 3rd stop in the bus route, how likely is it to be a problem getting on the bus for a family of 5 (if the bus were full)?
Thanks

No, if you're in Cabanas 9B it's really close to stop 1. Two min walk. If you're in 9A then I would probably go to stop 4. We were in Ranchos 7B Dec 14-28, 2010 and used bus stop 4 the whole trip. We never had a problem getting on the bus. I stood a few times, but no problems getting on and wife/son got seats. It would be a rare thing to not get on the bus, you might have to stand getting on at stop 1 if the resort is busy.

My sister and I are bringing our senior citizen mom back to Disney this summer. We are booked for CSR and are very excited. We reserved a "water view" room. Do we ask for a specific location before we get there? Or do they assign you a place when you check-in? Where would be the best place, if we have a choice, with our mom who will be 70.
THANKS!:cool1:

My sister and I are bringing our senior citizen mom back to Disney this summer. We are booked for CSR and are very excited. We reserved a "water view" room. Do we ask for a specific location before we get there? Or do they assign you a place when you check-in? Where would be the best place, if we have a choice, with our mom who will be 70.
THANKS!:cool1:

You can make a request in advance. If you're not happy with the room assignment when you're checking in you can ask to change then. They are pretty good about it if the resort isn't full. As for location, what do you want to be closest to?

You can make a request in advance. If you're not happy with the room assignment when you're checking in you can ask to change then. They are pretty good about it if the resort isn't full. As for location, what do you want to be closest to?
We are thinking we should probably be close to a bus stop. That way when we get back at night it's not a crazy walk to our room. Maybe a pool, too.

We are thinking we should probably be close to a bus stop. That way when we get back at night it's not a crazy walk to our room. Maybe a pool, too.

Cabanas 8A or 8B would have you close to bus stop 4 and very close to the main pool and hot tub. Casitas 4 is very close to stop 2 and has a quiet pool as well as the Spa/fitness club. Those are the best bets with your reservation type.

I am currently almost to the end of my stay at this hotel and LOVE everything about this hotel EXCEPT the food setup. There is nothing quick and easy about the the quick service area of the food service. Staff wonderful but set up big thumbs down.

I am currently almost to the end of my stay at this hotel and LOVE everything about this hotel EXCEPT the food setup. There is nothing quick and easy about the the quick service area of the food service. Staff wonderful but set up big thumbs down.

curious - are you talking about the 'grab and go' (Cafe Rix??) or The Pepper Market?

Spoisal said:
curious - are you talking about the 'grab and go' (Cafe Rix??) or The Pepper Market?

Im curious about this too because in June we are hoping.for bagels and bacon/egg breakfast sandwiches in the mornings! I am HOPING its quick!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter