Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't stayed there yet, but the only draw back for you that I see with Cabanas over Casitas would be the last bus pick up vs the first. It is closer to the main pool though.

Maybe a CSR vet can chime in, but is the bus stop at El Centro the first pick up or the last one? Same for drop off? I'm sure this info is somewhere in the threads, but maybe a kind person can save me some searching. ;) I'm booked for Cabanas already since I am doing the Business Class room, but was wondering if it would be a faster pickup to just walk to El Centro for the bus vs going to the 4 bus stop?

Okay- found the info on Buzz's site.

Buses at the Resort
Theme park buses go in this order of bus stops:
2 - Casitas
3 - Ranchos
4 - Cabanas
1 - El Centro

Downtown Disney buses go in this order of bus stops
1 - El Centro
2 - Casitas
3 - Ranchos
4 - Cabanas

So in my case, the Cabanas stop will be a bit faster to get on a bus than the El Centro for the parks. I thought El Centro would be the first stop, but obviously not!

I think El Centro is the last pick up spot. It goes Casitas, ranchos, cabananas and then el centro.

I would appreciate any input from those of you who have stayed before at CSR. I'm going to call WDW and put in a request for a particular area - I know there is no guarantee that my request will be honored.

I've read several different opinions about which area is best and the only real consensus seems to be that people don't care much for Ranchos. I would like to be reasonably close to El Centro because my youngest dd wakes up early and usually wants something to eat. She and I will usually go grab drinks/snacks and take back to DH and our oldest dd. Weather permitting, we will swim a couple of times but probably not every day. And, convenient bus service (not having to always stand because we are the last tone picked up) would be a bonus.

I really like the look of the casitas area best but when I look at the map, I think Cabanas might be better because it's close to El Centro but not too far from the main pool.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks!

Cabanas is definitely nice!! I've stayed there twice and I find it to be a wonderful spot for exactly the reasons you have mentioned. It's really not that far to El Centro and it's definitely not far from The Dig Site. Also, there's a beautiful "quiet" pool right there near the laundry (which I've also used). Bus stop 4 is right there, too. I absolutely love it there!!

If you get there and they've put you in a different area than you requested, just ask the CM if there's any possible way to get Cabanas (or whichever you choose) and they will try for you.

Have a great time!

I would appreciate any input from those of you who have stayed before at CSR. I'm going to call WDW and put in a request for a particular area - I know there is no guarantee that my request will be honored.

I've read several different opinions about which area is best and the only real consensus seems to be that people don't care much for Ranchos. I would like to be reasonably close to El Centro because my youngest dd wakes up early and usually wants something to eat. She and I will usually go grab drinks/snacks and take back to DH and our oldest dd. Weather permitting, we will swim a couple of times but probably not every day. And, convenient bus service (not having to always stand because we are the last tone picked up) would be a bonus.

I really like the look of the casitas area best but when I look at the map, I think Cabanas might be better because it's close to El Centro but not too far from the main pool.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks!

We like the cabanas best because it is closest to the main pool but not too far from everywhere else. We go to the pool every day - we only go to El Centro a couple of times.

I do think the casitas are the prettiest, and they have the benefit of being near the first stop picked up and dropped off when going to the parks. But casitas 1, 2 and 3 are preferred. Casitas 4 and 5 are standard and/or waterview, but they are by request.

We haven't stayed in the Ranchos, but 7B is not a bad location - very close to the Dig Site, but also close to a quiet pool and laundry.

I haven't stayed there yet, but the only draw back for you that I see with Cabanas over Casitas would be the last bus pick up vs the first. It is closer to the main pool though.

Maybe a CSR vet can chime in, but is the bus stop at El Centro the first pick up or the last one? Same for drop off? I'm sure this info is somewhere in the threads, but maybe a kind person can save me some searching. ;) I'm booked for Cabanas already since I am doing the Business Class room, but was wondering if it would be a faster pickup to just walk to El Centro for the bus vs going to the 4 bus stop?

Buses at the Resort
2 - Casitas
3 - Ranchos
4 - Cabanas
1 - El Centro

1 - El Centro
2 - Casitas
3 - Ranchos
4 - Cabanas

So in my case, the Cabanas stop will be a bit faster to get on a bus than the El Centro for the parks. I thought El Centro would be the first stop, but obviously not!

The info is on this thread, too, on the first page. But this thread was started by Buzz a long time ago, so we have retained a lot of his excellent information. :thumbsup2

Buses at the Resort
2 - Casitas
3 - Ranchos
4 - Cabanas
1 - El Centro

1 - El Centro
2 - Casitas
3 - Ranchos
4 - Cabanas

The Business Class rooms are Cabanas 9B. You will actually be closer to walk to stop 1, it will be a longer walk from 9B to stop 4. It depends how busy the resort and buses are as to whether it's worth the longer walk to stop 4.

Mary, glad to see this continue. We (well, I can't wait to be there...Mark still doesn't know about the trip). 15 days and counting. :goodvibes

This is great information!! We are checking into CSR for our first ever christmas trip to disney!! So excited. My kids dont know we are going so I cant wait to see their faces when they find out!!

OK so I have a question.. when I booked I booked preffered rooms.. what are they? I didnt even know there was a difference until I looked at the site map. Are they good rooms?

saskdw said:
The Business Class rooms are Cabanas 9B. You will actually be closer to walk to stop 1, it will be a longer walk from 9B to stop 4. It depends how busy the resort and buses are as to whether it's worth the longer walk to stop 4.

Does business class offer adult beverage choices like the deluxe club levels?

Hi all ... stayed at CSR this past May for 4 nights at the end of our cruise and we are now hooked!!! I do have 2 ddp questions if I could .... I know that lunch is now a buffet ... 1 QS right? Can you still order a pizza to go at lunch time? And if you can, does anyone know how many credits it is? Also, the pool side food ... can you use the dining plan? Sorry if these have been answered somewhere before. This is the first time that when we arrive at Disney, we are not going straight to the parks ... instead we are having our first day as a do nothing but the pool and downtown Disney. We have Maya Grill booked for dinner but was just hoping to eat by the pool either at the little place there or carry a pizza takeout. Thanks for the help!

Hi all ... stayed at CSR this past May for 4 nights at the end of our cruise and we are now hooked!!! I do have 2 ddp questions if I could .... I know that lunch is now a buffet ... 1 QS right? Can you still order a pizza to go at lunch time? And if you can, does anyone know how many credits it is? Also, the pool side food ... can you use the dining plan? Sorry if these have been answered somewhere before. This is the first time that when we arrive at Disney, we are not going straight to the parks ... instead we are having our first day as a do nothing but the pool and downtown Disney. We have Maya Grill booked for dinner but was just hoping to eat by the pool either at the little place there or carry a pizza takeout. Thanks for the help!

I can't answer about the pizza as we've not been back in two years and, hence, not since they started the buffet.

As for the dining plan, the last time we were there and on the dining plan, you could use it at the pool (the chicken fingers were very good).

sunnygal041 said:
Yippee. Staying there for princess half, may have to change my ressie

Me too! And I jumped all over the business room AP rate. :). Now that there's sangria... Man, they are go an regret giving me a discount. Lol. Awesome!

Hi everyone!

Just booked a very last minute 3-nt trip to WDW - am leaving 18 days! Got a great AP rate at CSR. Only stayed here once, way back in 1999 - I love the new teal/brown/white decor! I looked back over old pics & in 1999 it was bright & bold orange, yellow & red.

Is there a fee to use the health club? How about the tanning bed?

Hi everyone!

Just booked a very last minute 3-nt trip to WDW - am leaving 18 days! Got a great AP rate at CSR. Only stayed here once, way back in 1999 - I love the new teal/brown/white decor! I looked back over old pics & in 1999 it was bright & bold orange, yellow & red.

Is there a fee to use the health club? How about the tanning bed?

There is no fee to use the fitness center as long as you are staying at the CSR; not sure about the tanning bed as I've never used one before.

You'll be ther eat least one of our days (we arrive in 14 days and will depart on the 12th).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter