Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad that they are getting rid of the buffet. We ate there for lunch in June, and although it was a great use of a qs credit, we will not be getting the dining plan this time. I did not want to pay for the buffet, and was worried about the limited breakfast menu at cafe rix. We are a family that has to have a breakfast before we go to the parks. I still don't like the automatic gratuity and we may eat outside sometime b/c the view is really nice.

I didn't stay at CSR during the buffet trial, but I don't think it would have worked well for our family, at least at breakfast. We almost never do the DDP, and we don't want a lot of breakfast unless we have a character meal planned. I thought Cafe Rix was too small and had too few choices for a resort the size of CSR, so I am glad to see more a la carte options, particularly for breakfast.

I don't mind the gratuity - it is worth a little more to me to know that we have a table ready for us and to get real silverware, as well as getting our drinks refilled. I don't like wandering around with a tray of food trying to find a seat as the food gets cold. But I do like to eat outside by the lake at CSR. :beach:

I didn't stay at CSR during the buffet trial, but I don't think it would have worked well for our family, at least at breakfast. We almost never do the DDP, and we don't want a lot of breakfast unless we have a character meal planned. I thought Cafe Rix was too small and had too few choices for a resort the size of CSR, so I am glad to see more a la carte options, particularly for breakfast.

I don't mind the gratuity - it is worth a little more to me to know that we have a table ready for us and to get real silverware, as well as getting our drinks refilled. I don't like wandering around with a tray of food trying to find a seat as the food gets cold. But I do like to eat outside by the lake at CSR. :beach:

I think it's the forced gratuity that confuses/irritates people. We have always had FD when staying at CSR. With the DDP you have to leave a tip on the table, it's not included, which I like better. You will generally get better service when the person has to earn their tip. We generally great good service at Pepper Market, however there have been a couple times where our server was rude and did nothing for us so I didn't leave a tip. If it was forced like paying OP that person would have got a tip for doing nothing. Anyway, people don't like things forced on them, it human nature. :)

I think it's the forced gratuity that confuses/irritates people. We have always had FD when staying at CSR. With the DDP you have to leave a tip on the table, it's not included, which I like better. You will generally get better service when the person has to earn their tip. We generally great good service at Pepper Market, however there have been a couple times where our server was rude and did nothing for us so I didn't leave a tip. If it was forced like paying OP that person would have got a tip for doing nothing. Anyway, people don't like things forced on them, it human nature. :)

I know, especially since it is a food court and you wouldn't generally tip there anyway. I just like the set-up of getting a table first and eating with real utensils instead of trying to cut my food with a plastic knife. :thumbsup2

Thanks for posting the new menus. We're looking at options since I'll be attending a conference and my DP will most likely be hanging around the resort during the day.

Anyone know who is the first of us that has business class booked? I'm not until 3/8 and hoping that someone has it booked before then to give us a bit more info.

Brian

Thanks for posting the new menus. We're looking at options since I'll be attending a conference and my DP will most likely be hanging around the resort during the day.

Anyone know who is the first of us that has business class booked? I'm not until 3/8 and hoping that someone has it booked before then to give us a bit more info.

Brian

I'm with you on that one. I'm booked business class but won't be there until 11/29. If nobody until March I'll be expecting to see you post about it. :thumbsup2

Which is the best area of the three to stay in? I heard Ranchos is not as good as the other two areas? Casitas seems to get the most positive reviews. Any opinions? Thanks!

I think you'll get a wide range of answers on this question... pretty much everyone who has stayed here before has their favorite area. We've only stayed once (September 2011), but we requested the Ranchos area on purpose and we were not disappointed. We knew we wouldn't use El Centro much (typically bring breakfast items and other snacks with us) and figured that if we did, it would be a lovely walk to and from it. It was nice and quiet in the Ranchos, we were in between 2 bus stops (with a 2-3 minute walk to each one) and we were close to the Dig Site/Pool area. We requested and received a room in 7B and will make that same request when we make our reservations for this September. We lucked out and got a corner room with a view of the quiet pool, and close to the laundry building. The decor in the area was very subtle... kind of south-western landscaping (rock beds, cactus plants, somewhat scrubby brush), but it was beautiful none-the-less. The walk to and from El Centro gave us a beautiful view of the rest of the resort.

I know that Ranchos isn't the most popular choice of areas, but we thoroughly enjoyed that part of the resort.:)

Good luck choosing an area to request!

It says on the allears breakfast menu that meals include a beverage. I'm thinking that they forgot to delete that from the buffet menu they took off? It's not on a menu I found on another site. Anybody have any info on that?

ADisneyQueen said:
It says on the allears breakfast menu that meals include a beverage. I'm thinking that they forgot to delete that from the buffet menu they took off? It's not on a menu I found on another site. Anybody have any info on that?

I think it is leftover from when they had the buffet menu posted. I would not expect the entrees to include a beverage.

We are debating on the QS dining plan for the first time and this is our first CSR visit as well. Now that you know the background this is my dumb question. Do any of the foods on the Pepper Market Menu count as one QS meal credit? So if I get two a day I can get whatever B. L. D item I want off the menu so I can use one credit for a muffin or an Omlet or at lunch or dinner I could use one credit for Nachos or a Fiesta Platter price is not really a factor?

Thanks!

We are debating on the QS dining plan for the first time and this is our first CSR visit as well. Now that you know the background this is my dumb question. Do any of the foods on the Pepper Market Menu count as one QS meal credit? So if I get two a day I can get whatever B. L. D item I want off the menu so I can use one credit for a muffin or an Omlet or at lunch or dinner I could use one credit for Nachos or a Fiesta Platter price is not really a factor?

Thanks!

Pepper Market is a great deal on the QS dining plan. Generally there have been no restrictions on entrees with the exception of the large pizza - other entrees, regardless of cost, have been one QS credit. I expect it to be the same in 2013.

We have just returned from our WDW holiday - 11 nights at CSR and 9 nights off site.

We were in Casitas building 5, top floor with a corner room. I found the room to be very quiet on the whole. The walk to the main pool was only 5 minutes and my DD loved the pool, slide and toasting marshmallows on an evening.

My DH would walk for coffees on a morning and we would stop in the car when on the way out to refill our mugs.

The quiet pool and laundry were nearby too.

The only thing that let it down was housekeeping - being there for a while we noticed all the dust in the areas not used so much and our room wasn't vacuumed for quite a few days. We rang housekeeping to put in a request but it still wasn't done and we had to go down to the main building to get it sorted out in the end. But by this time it must have been like that for 4 days :(

However, the resort is beautifully themed and the Christmas decorations were lovely.

Just wanted to say that earlier today, I booked a std vw business class room for our next trip in August using a pin code I had received. I spent over 1/2 hour speaking to the CM about business class and he was able to confirm what a lot of speculation has been so far. He said there will be snacks & drinks throughout the day and when I asked him about alcoholic drinks, he said there would be beer, wine & cordials offered, similar to what other club levels currently have. He also said he "thought" the alcoholic drinks would only be out in the evening like other club level lounges as well. He sounded like he actually knew what he was talking about. I know that when we stayed club level at the BC last August, a person could get a beer in the afternoon even though it wasn't out yet, you just had to ask. Like everyone else, I'll be anxiously awaiting to hear feedback from anyone who stays this level...if it turns out to be similar to a club level, it will be a great deal for the price.

We just booked a business room for June 8-15th. I hope it's worth the extra $. Can't wait to hear what they offer!! We're going with kids, so I'm not sure they will offer a lot for them.

We just booked a business room for June 8-15th. I hope it's worth the extra $. Can't wait to hear what they offer!! We're going with kids, so I'm not sure they will offer a lot for them.

I booked business class for the reason of knowing where I was going to be located. No worries about being out there in the Ranchos. As for the kids, I'm sure there will be plenty for them. There will be soft drinks, snacks, and some other goodies I'm sure they will enjoy. Have fun on your trip and be certain to let the rest of us know how you enjoyed it. :thumbsup2

I booked business class for the reason of knowing where I was going to be located. No worries about being out there in the Ranchos. As for the kids, I'm sure there will be plenty for them. There will be soft drinks, snacks, and some other goodies I'm sure they will enjoy. Have fun on your trip and be certain to let the rest of us know how you enjoyed it. :thumbsup2

It seems to be a good location, close to the main building and short walk across the bridge to the main pool.
Hope you enjoy your trip also!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter