Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2012

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by StitchandPooh'sMom, Nov 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mkacar24

mkacar24 Mouseketeer

Made our reservations for our first trip to Coronado! Staying June 4th-12th and this thread has me loving our decision. Thanks!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Gooshy

Gooshy Mouseketeer

Made our resies for CSR we will be there June 6-11:yay: The resort sounds really nice. We will be chillin like a villen by the pool on the 6th:maleficen We got a king room. I just hope we dont get a view of the parking lot...

4. tinacaplan

tinacaplan DIS Veteran

Just to pipe in on the bus chatter... we stayed at CSR twice, during President's Week both times, and had stellar bus service. We never waited very long, never had to stand, and it doesn't take very long to make the loop through the resort. I am very hesitant to stay at any other mod because I've had such great experiences with CSR's transportation in the past.

5. mouselike-harrier

mouselike-harrier Mouseketeer

I 100% agree with CSR's bus service. It was the best we ever experienced. Now that we are DVC owners, we stayed at Kidani village on our last trip. We longingly looked at all the CSR buses arriving to our still waiting for the AKL bus to come. We love CSR! :blush:

6. hopeforus

hopeforus Mouseketeer

How do you book this? There is not a b.c. option on the website.

7. longhorns2

longhorns2 Mother runner blogger with a #DisneySide

It may only be available on certain dates. My understanding is that it may be booked for convention use. If it's not being used for them, then they open up the usage for regular resort visitors. You may be looking at dates already booked for a convention.

8. Buddy18

Buddy18 Mouseketeer

It may be sold out as there is only one building that houses the club level rooms.

9. hopeforus

hopeforus Mouseketeer

thanks for the quick answers. i have tried 2 different weeks, but will check a few others.

10. Butwhyistherumgone?

Butwhyistherumgone? I've got a jar of dirt! I've got a jar of dirt! A

Excited!! Just booked our first stay at CSR for June 3- 10:cool1:

11. goofy4prez

goofy4prez A guy can love Disney and still keep his man card!

I would call and enquire as to the availability. On the old site I was given a price and saved it that included BC. On the new site there was not a single date I tried that showed availability with BC including the date I had saved on the old site. When I went to the old site it was still there. I booked my trip on the old site, paid a deposit, printed my confirmation showing the BC room class. Not taking any chances. I am still amazed at the incompetency of those responsible for this new website.

12. dfarner

dfarner I married my Prince Charming.

I did the same thing. Somehow found a link I had saved to the old site and booked Business Class that way. I paid the deposit, printed, etc...just as you did. I did this last night and now my hubby says we may go to POR Riverside or jump up to Beach Club! I agree, the new website is ridiculous. Last night I had to manually put in some of my dining reservations. Are you kidding me? I'm going to spend $6,000+ between a cruise and land vacation and I have to manually enter reservations??

13. dfarner

dfarner I married my Prince Charming.

We are booked now for June 2-8, after a DCL cruise to the Bahamas. We booked business class, so can't wait to see what that brings..:banana:
    My hubby is contemplating POR or Beach Club, but for now, CSR it is!

14. ginnygi

ginnygi Mouseketeer

For someone who has stayed here recently: Do the coffee makers have timers, so you can set up the night prior to just start making itself in the morning? Thanks in advance!

15. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

Nope.

16. ginnygi

ginnygi Mouseketeer

Bummer. Thanks Dansdad.

17. ginnygi

ginnygi Mouseketeer

Which is the best area of the three to stay in? I heard Ranchos is not as good as the other two areas? Casitas seems to get the most positive reviews. Any opinions? Thanks!

18. Hoosier Mom

Hoosier Mom DIS Veteran

Oh no!!! No more breakfast buffet. That was my favorite part. I have an extremely picky son. It is so easy to feed a picky kid getting a little of this and a little of that. At least the mickey waffles are staying. So how will ala carte work? You still choose the items you want, but you get charged individual prices? Or will there be a new menu? Ugh.

19. StitchandPooh'sMom

StitchandPooh'sMom <font color=magenta>Now if only I could think of s

There is a new menu. I saw it online, but it is not a link I can post on the DIS. You can probably Google new menu for Pepper Market, though. The menu on the DIS is dated 12/12, but it is not the new a la carte menu. There are a lot of breakfast choices, which I am happy about since Cafe Rix had a limited menu.

The new PM menu has Mickey waffles, eggs and french toast sticks for kids, as well as fruits, oatmeal, grits and pastries. There are several adult entrees - omelets, Mickey waffles, burritos, breakfast pizzas, Creme Brulee french toast, eggs, etc.

20. Hoosier Mom

Hoosier Mom DIS Veteran

Thanks, I found it. Sure wish they would keep both options....buffet and ala carte. That buffet sure was a great deal. I can probably order mickey waffles for the kiddo and go get a yogurt at Rix for him with a snack credit. He won't eat bacon or sausage. I sort of recall for the buffet they had a couple different scrambled egg choices and if I recall they had a couple different breakfast potato options. Sure loved going around putting a little of this and that on my plate.

21. ADisneyQueen

ADisneyQueen DIS Veteran

I'm glad that they are getting rid of the buffet. We ate there for lunch in June, and although it was a great use of a qs credit, we will not be getting the dining plan this time. I did not want to pay for the buffet, and was worried about the limited breakfast menu at cafe rix. We are a family that has to have a breakfast before we go to the parks. I still don't like the automatic gratuity and we may eat outside sometime b/c the view is really nice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.