Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone!

My DH and I will be staying here the last week of this month. I just booked it in order to use our Military Salute tickets before they expire. We usually stay at WL, but needed to find something a bit more economical for this trip. We used the Military Salute room discount and got a good rate. Being a "research queen," especially when it comes to Disney, I immediately starting reading up on the resort. I've made it through about half of this thread, read Buzz's site, looked at pictures everywhere, and I must say, I am psyched about staying here!

My question is about location, of course. I'd like to be close to the Dig Site and a bus stop, moreso than the main building. We'll probably only eat at the resort a couple of times and the walk will be good for us! ;) The Casitas look beautiful, but the other "villages" seem closer to the main pool. My DH loves westerns and fancies himself a cowboy (even though he has ridden a horse exactly once in his life), so I think he would like the Ranchos - I think they're pretty, too. The Cabanas are probably least appealing to us (sorry, know those are popular!), but the location seems good and I know DH would love the hammocks there. Decisions, decisions!!

I'm thinking 7B or maybe 6A in Ranchos, or 8A in Cabanas, as they seem to be reasonably close to both the pool and a bus stop. Thoughts? :confused3 Suggestions? :scratchin TIA!

Our very first stay at CSR we had a room in Ranchos 7B over looking the quiet pool and thought it was great. 2 mins from the Digsite or busstop 4 and we didn't really mind the walk to the main building.

Just back from a 6 day/5 night stay. WOW! It was wonderful! Wicked hot/humid and some really big afternoon thunderstorms between 3-5 pm (FL normal), but great all the same. :cloud9: :love:

Stayed in 5410... Casitas 5 fourth floor corner room (2 queens) facing the water. QUIET!!! Rarely, if ever, heard anyone outside. (We had only requested 4th floor.) Used online check-in (no problems). Room was ready when we arrived between 8:30-9:00 am, Monday following the Labor Day wkend car show conference. Yes, a new refrigerator was in the room. (Note: There is no freezer compartment, so don't plan for that.)

Although we left nearly every day after room attendants had passed, our room was made up and replenished every day when we returned, sometimes only a few hours later. Always plenty of towels and toiletries. :thumbsup2

The RFID mugs were not yet available at CSR nor were the magic bands available.

If you are a sweet tea drinker, you are hereby forewarned that they did not have sweet tea... only unsweetened. However, they did tell me they had sugar packets available to sweeten it. :confused3 :rolleyes2

We only went to Cafe Rix to refill mugs... no real drama except for the lack of sweet tea. LOL! DH picked up breakfast to go our last day at Pepper Market around 9-930 am. He said it was VERY crowded. We were on the regular DP. He felt like fruit or something was left off our meal... but it was so crowded and confusing in there that he just let it slide (meal consisted of eggs, bacon and potatoes + OJ, nothing else was given). Also, appeared that they were having trouble keeping up with the food availability. Note: They seem to be "improving" the area in the dining area as there were construction walls up in the center.

We used the laundry room. Change machines available. Detergent available for purchase in the laundry room. (Took our own.) There are 3 chairs, and 2 folding tables as well as 20-24 dryers and 10-12 washers. $2 per load each machine. If you can, try to take a pop up laundry hamper. It is very helpful. Other options would be large cloth tote bags (may be easier for airline travelers to pack).

While it was listed here that the Experience Youth conference was to be there, we never saw them at CSR. We did see them and another conference in conjunction with it being held over at the Contemporary. Not sure if there was a venue change or not. Anyway, that conference did not affect our stay, although there may have been attendees staying at CSR. The car show that was there over the Labor Day weekend was packing up the day we checked in (Monday). Some people stayed over a few days but the event itself did not affect us either.

LOVED our stay and would definitely consider staying there again.

(Oh, it was only DH and myself for this trip.)

Did you notice kids in the lounge? We are considering at stay at CSR but have a young daughter.

Kids are allowed in the business lounge... my kids are 9 and 11 and always came for breakfast and would often come with us in the evening for snacks while me and my hubby would enjoy a drink, too! They can watch TV while you are there... staff was always very friendly towards them!

:cool1::cool1:

If you are a sweet tea drinker, you are hereby forewarned that they did not have sweet tea... only unsweetened. However, they did tell me they had sugar packets available to sweeten it. :confused3 :rolleyes2

We only went to Cafe Rix to refill mugs... no real drama except for the lack of sweet tea. LOL!

My wife is a big sweet ice tea drinker. They don't have anywhere at WDW that I'm awhere of in the fountain drinks. We did however find some in a few of the drink machines at CSR.

My wife is a big sweet ice tea drinker. They don't have anywhere at WDW that I'm awhere of in the fountain drinks. We did however find some in a few of the drink machines at CSR.

Oh I don't want to sound dumb but I have to ask.
I am a unsweetened tea drinker. I honestly thought sweet tea was just unsweetened with sugar added. Enlighten me.

It has to be added while it is hot while being made or it does not dissolve.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Wow I never thought of that. Makes total sense.
And that is why the fruity ones in the restaurants are already sweetened and they can't leave it unsweetened and let people add the sugar.

THANKS!!! :worship:

Our very first stay at CSR we had a room in Ranchos 7B over looking the quiet pool and thought it was great. 2 mins from the Digsite or busstop 4 and we didn't really mind the walk to the main building.

I showed DH pictures of the three areas and as expected he went ga-ga for the Ranchos. So I think I'll be requesting 7B. Thanks for the input - sounds like it's the perfect location for us as far as pool and bus go!

We're here now. Arrived at MCO around 8pm Sunday night, straight onto Magical Express. All staff at Coronado have been wonderful -
From bell services at the very front to check in and mouse keeping. Cafe Rix staff could learn to smile but service was still good. We got our requested building of Casistas 4 and its a great location. Bus service has been good so far with the longest we've had to wait about 15 minutes to return from Epcot - we walked straight on a bus a closing time from magic kingdom last night! Hope this continues for the rest of the week!

Oh, and crowd levels are great! We've walked onto nearly all rides..longest wait was 15 mins for test track and we got a fast pass for soarin :)

Last year at Art of Animation there was a tea dispenser with sweet, unsweet and orange citrus tea...YUM Just kindof hoping it would be at CSR>>>

We are here now. We checked in late Sunday evening...no wait at all. We are in Ranchos 7B, very close to the quiet pool and bus stop 4, in a corner room. It's very quiet here. We really like it. A little disappointed in the breakfast selections at Rix grab and go, but otherwise things are great. Buses have been a little slow but other than that, no complaints about the transportation.

Which building is best to request for a family? (would like to be near the main pool) Does anyone know which bus stop is the first stop for going to the parks?? Would like to get on an empty bus and not have to wait for another one:thumbsup2

Which building is best to request for a family? (would like to be near the main pool) Does anyone know which bus stop is the first stop for going to the parks?? Would like to get on an empty bus and not have to wait for another one:thumbsup2

I don't think main pool and first bus stop go together well. First stop would be casitas but cabanas are closest to the main pool. So I've learned from reading here! Haven't been myself yet!

Is there transportation from the main building to the outlying villages/buildings? One member of our party is arriving late and departing early (via DME) and will have luggage. Can he get a ride from the front to our room? How does that work?

Is there transportation from the main building to the outlying villages/buildings? One member of our party is arriving late and departing early (via DME) and will have luggage. Can he get a ride from the front to our room? How does that work?

We got a ride with our luggage on a golf buggy from the front of the resort to our room at around 10pm at night. Bell services were more than happy to assist :)

We got a ride with our luggage on a golf buggy from the front of the resort to our room at around 10pm at night. Bell services were more than happy to assist :)

Thanks. He has a 6AM departure the day he leaves. Will there be a Bell Services person to pick him up to take him to the DME bus? And will DME make him have to leave at 3AM?!

Here's a link to the resort map:

CSR Map

The first bus stop for the parks is behind the Casitas (Bldgs 1-5), not the one at the main building. As the previous poster said, there isn't really a location close to the first stop and the main pool. Cabanas 8A is probably the closest to both the pool and a bus stop, but it's the 3rd stop. I don't know how crowded the buses get. It might not be too bad, depending on when you're going. We're going in a couple of weeks - requested 7B (two adults, no kids) - so I'm interested to see how the buses are.

For those of you doing a split stay, therefore getting Magic Bands...

Have any of you been told that the Fastpass+ that you have booked during your Coronado stay will not be valid? I just called the Magic Band customer service number because I was having a technical issue with one of our bands for our October trip and the CM told me that my FP+ selections that I made online would not be honored during the dates that we are at CSR. We are spending the first night of our trip at AoA (room only booking), so we were eligible to get Magic Bands, but they are now telling me that all the FP+s that I booked online 'will be dropped off' because CSR is not part of the testing yet (which I already knew). Just wondering if this is correct. I have read from several of you that you were able to get the FP+s for your entire trip because the first part of your stay is at POR. I'm just not sure if this CM knew what she was talking about, although she had me on hold for 20 minutes while she discussed it with a manger. She did say that I could keep my FP+s for the first day of my trip since we are staying at AoA that night. I just can't understand why the online system would allow me to book the FP+s for my entire trip if they would not be honored. :confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter