Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2012

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by StitchandPooh'sMom, Nov 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

I can offer up my thoughts on this. I have stayed at CSR twice and just got back from CBR this past Tuesday. I agree that CBR is not laid out well, and seems huge. I don't feel that way about CSR at all.

My last stay at CSR was just this last March. Our rooms ended up in Casitas 4, and it was a great location. Not very far from the main building, but right next to a quiet pool and the health club. Plus bus stop #2 (the first stop) is right behind Casitas #4.

To me, CBR and CSR are very different resorts, even though both are on the large side. Fewer bus stops at CSR, and there is not the hassle of having a separate check in area. In fact, I booked a bounce back for CSR for next fall.:cool1:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. parith1114

parith1114 DIS Veteran

I have a ? for the CSR experts. I had to book preferred rooms for our SPD package because I waited so long to book...is preferred the Cabanas? That's were they kids were wanting to stay...
    Thanks all!

4. longhorns2

longhorns2 DIS Veteran

No, preferred rooms are in casitas

If you were able to book water view you might have gotten cabanas- have to request it. Business class is also cabanas.

5. nathanyell

nathanyell DIS Veteran

Can't wait to get some official word from someone once it starts in January.

Overall sounds like a great addition!! :thumbsup2

6. saskdw

saskdw DIS Veteran

I couldn't disagree more with your assessment of the transportation. We have spent a total of 2 full months at WDW in the last 4 years. All of it in the month of December at some of the busiest times. We don't rent a car and use strictly Disney transportation other than the odd cab ride. I can say that there is no doubt in my mind that the Mod resorts have consistently the best bus service at WDW. And the funny thing is I would rate WL as probably one of the worst for bus transportation. Yes the boat to MK is very good, but to take a bus to anywhere else to or from WL takes forever. They don't have as many buses because it is smaller than the Mods and the trek through the campground to get to WL makes for the longest bus ride at WDW. The Deluxe resorts are very convenient for the parks they are close to, but the ones you have to bus too are second rate compared to Mods. Shared buses makes for very long bus rides compared to CSR. Sorry you had a bad experience, but IMO this isn't the norm.

There will always be stories of people waiting too long for a bus, but CSR is consistently reviewed as having excellent bus service.

7. saskdw

saskdw DIS Veteran

Yeah, I am anxiously awaiting the reports from business class to start as well.

8. goofy4prez

goofy4prez A guy can love Disney and still keep his man card!

I'm looking forward to hearing about CSR and it's business club level as well. I just booked my trip to CSR in November 2013 just a couple of hours ago and did the business club level myself. I'm not an alcohol drinker but I do like the continental breakfast, snacks during the day, and the location being in the Cabana 9b building. :thumbsup2

9. saskdw

saskdw DIS Veteran

Yeah, for $50 a night get breakfast, snacks, supply of bottled water, a few free beers, and a guaranteed room in Cabanas 9B one of the most popular buildings. Good deal. Only problem for me is I really like Casitas 4, but Cabanas 9b is my second favorite location.

10. StitchandPooh'sMom

StitchandPooh'sMom <font color=magenta>Now if only I could think of s

I just heard that Pepper Market will be returning to an a la carte menu for all three meals starting January 1, 2013.

11. longhorns2

longhorns2 DIS Veteran

I think knowing the building for sure is a huge perk to the business class at this very large resort. I'm hoping for some Disney magic since I booked one business room and one water view room for my travel party. Requested the water view building be in cabanas so we would all be close but who knows?

12. goofy4prez

goofy4prez A guy can love Disney and still keep his man card!

I had to research this after seeing you post it. From what it appears, this is correct. I personally think it really stinks. While the food may not be fantastic, it was still one whale of a deal as a cs on the DDP. Depending on the menu offerings it may eliminate any incentive for me to come back to the resort during the day and use my cs credit at the Pepper Market. At least I will have breakfast with no problem in the lounge. :sad1:

13. michsig

michsig DIS Veteran

Are the pools typically open in the winter time at CSR? Namely, the digsite pool? We will be there from January 7-13. Thanks!

14. michsig

michsig DIS Veteran

I actually preferred the a la carte!

15. michsig

michsig DIS Veteran

I totally agree with this - I honestly don't think we've ever waited longer than 10 minutes for a bus at CSR!

16. longhorns2

longhorns2 DIS Veteran

All WDW pools are heated- and open year round unless there's severe weather! :thumbsup2

17. michsig

michsig DIS Veteran

Awesome! The reason I asked is because I've heard that many of the resort pools undergo refurbishment in the winter - but I'm hoping for at least one warm day to swim!

18. longhorns2

longhorns2 DIS Veteran

You know, I saw that the slide was closed in Jan for refurb (maybe Feb...) let me see if I can find that info. the pool was not listed, but the slide was.

19. longhorns2

longhorns2 DIS Veteran

This is what I found earlier:

Jan. 17  Feb. 1, 2013: Dig Site feature pool slide will be closed for refurbishment. The Pool will remain open.

Not sure if that's still up to date or not. You guys should be ok!

20. StitchandPooh'sMom

StitchandPooh'sMom <font color=magenta>Now if only I could think of s

I agree. Besides CSR, we have stayed at Poly (twice), AKL, Beach Club (twice), OKW and Boardwalk. CSR has consistently had much better bus service than any of the deluxes.

It is true - I didn't mean to suggest there was any question about it. :) Pepper Market will have a new menu, which will include make your own burritos, including wet burritos. :banana: That is the item I miss most from their old menu.

Pepper Market continues to be a great value on the DDP with nicer entrees like chicken or steak fajitas, plus the return of Mickey waffles for breakfast! :cool1: The value of the DDP in general remains in question, though. ;)

Buzz has posted the new menu on his site, but I haven't found a link I can post here yet.

21. JustMinnie

JustMinnie <font color=993300>The TF's notice everyone and ev

It's official!! Made reservations this morning for CSR. :stitch: We'll be there May 18 thru the 25. Can not wait!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.