Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2011

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by StitchandPooh'sMom, Nov 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michsig

michsig DIS Veteran

When we were there in July, we really wanted to do the paddle boarding on the lake, but never got around to it. We're going again in January! :yay: Does anyone know if they have the paddleboarding during winter months?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. longhorns2

longhorns2 DIS Veteran

Anyone who has been to both... Can you tell me why you'd pick CSR over POR princess room?

I'm booked at CSR and was/am totally good with it. This thread has been really amazing! But an opportunity is there for the princess room. I'm traveling with 2 other ladies for the princess half marathon. The princess room and theme is tempting!

Any thoughts? Thank you in advance.

4. MelMeg

MelMeg Mouseketeer

I will be on the 28th can't wait!!!

5. DsnyMama

DsnyMama DIS Veteran

Only a few more days!! Hoping we LOVE CSR more than last trip! It's sooo beautiful we had to give it a second chance!

6. jaybee1026

jaybee1026 Earning My Ears

Just booked our third surprise trip, first ever onsite, at CSR for November 24, 2013 for 13 nights. Our four children will have no idea we're going again, much less staying onsite this time, and will be so excited. I feel like a first timer all over again as I learn about this resort, the dining plan, buses, etc. Only 374 days to go! :lmao:

7. mommyarewegoingback

mommyarewegoingback DIS Veteran

To be fair, I stayed at CSR last Christmas. Then POR royal room in May and I just checked into CSR tonight again. And my whole family wishes we were back in the royal rooms. I'm a Disney geek. I like staying on site and be immersed. Well we chose CSR because I loved the beds and bedding and the bus service. But I miss the princesses! The royal rooms are completely princess, sink, shower curtain, rug, fireworks, hooks. So if you don't want to be surrounded 24/7 with Disney, CSR is beautiful and comfy. But theming is better at POR royal rooms. And I loved the boat ride to downtown disney from POR.

-Virginia

8. longhorns2

longhorns2 DIS Veteran

Thanks! I think we decided to stay at csr (race expo is located there) but I'm doing a split stay and choosing royal rooms for that! :). So I'll get to experience both!

9. michsig

michsig DIS Veteran

LOVE LOVE LOVE CSR! It is my favorite resort :) For all of those who haven't been yet, you will love it!:cloud9:

10. MomOf2As

MomOf2As Earning My Ears

Excited for our first stay at the CSR! The pool looks great, so keeping my fingers crossed that it will be warm enough for a swim!

11 days!!!

11. dtstampz

dtstampz Mouseketeer

My friend and I are doing a split stay in May, doing just that!
    We LOVE CSR, but want to try the Royal Guest rooms, so we
    will have the best of both worlds. Can't wait!

12. longhorns2

longhorns2 DIS Veteran

Great minds think alike! LOL

So I bit the bullet- and booked the Business Class room (aka Club level)

Has anyone here seen it yet? I know it's not open to the GP until January but thought there might be some previous business visitors who have stayed there. We will be in Cabanas 9B, which is one reason I decided to go ahead and upgrade. Now I *know* where I will be staying.

It's only an extra $73 more for a 4 day visit with AP discount.

13. StitchandPooh'sMom

StitchandPooh'sMom <font color=magenta>Now if only I could think of s

CSR had a trial period in April - a few DISers were lucky enough to be upgraded. pixiedust: Here are some photos from the trial period:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=44692425&postcount=1750

And a description here:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=44665899&postcount=1733

14. longhorns2

longhorns2 DIS Veteran

Thanks!!!

15. ADisneyQueen

ADisneyQueen DIS Veteran

I thought the club level was only available if you were with a convention? Otherwise, it is just a preferred room if there is no convention at the time and there are no food offerings.
    Can anyone verify this?

16. MMlvsMM

MMlvsMM Earning My Ears

Starting in Jan, it will be a bookable category at CSR for all guests

17. longhorns2

longhorns2 DIS Veteran

Yep. I booked it for a February trip.

18. csnkrushin

csnkrushin CT

Hi -

Just wondering if anyone knew how long the trip is on the bus from the resort to each of the 4 main parks?

Thanks! :)

19. lovethattink

lovethattink DIS Veteran

20. fall08CP

fall08CP Cheesehead

According to this thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2869219 the marina has been closed since at least January 2012. Did you see people on the lake in July? We were there the first week of July and it appeared to be closed. :confused3

21. StitchandPooh'sMom

StitchandPooh'sMom <font color=magenta>Now if only I could think of s

All Ears reported that Sammy Duvall's would be offering wakeboarding and paddleboarding at CSR through January 1. I know some people reported it being open during the summer, but I haven't read any recent reports.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.