Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we were there in July, we really wanted to do the paddle boarding on the lake, but never got around to it. We're going again in January! :yay: Does anyone know if they have the paddleboarding during winter months?

Anyone who has been to both... Can you tell me why you'd pick CSR over POR princess room?

I'm booked at CSR and was/am totally good with it. This thread has been really amazing! But an opportunity is there for the princess room. I'm traveling with 2 other ladies for the princess half marathon. The princess room and theme is tempting!

Any thoughts? Thank you in advance.

Only a few more days!! Hoping we LOVE CSR more than last trip! It's sooo beautiful we had to give it a second chance!

Just booked our third surprise trip, first ever onsite, at CSR for November 24, 2013 for 13 nights. Our four children will have no idea we're going again, much less staying onsite this time, and will be so excited. I feel like a first timer all over again as I learn about this resort, the dining plan, buses, etc. Only 374 days to go! :lmao:

Anyone who has been to both... Can you tell me why you'd pick CSR over POR princess room?

I'm booked at CSR and was/am totally good with it. This thread has been really amazing! But an opportunity is there for the princess room. I'm traveling with 2 other ladies for the princess half marathon. The princess room and theme is tempting!

Any thoughts? Thank you in advance.

To be fair, I stayed at CSR last Christmas. Then POR royal room in May and I just checked into CSR tonight again. And my whole family wishes we were back in the royal rooms. I'm a Disney geek. I like staying on site and be immersed. Well we chose CSR because I loved the beds and bedding and the bus service. But I miss the princesses! The royal rooms are completely princess, sink, shower curtain, rug, fireworks, hooks. So if you don't want to be surrounded 24/7 with Disney, CSR is beautiful and comfy. But theming is better at POR royal rooms. And I loved the boat ride to downtown disney from POR.

-Virginia

mommyarewegoingback said:
To be fair, I stayed at CSR last Christmas. Then POR royal room in May and I just checked into CSR tonight again. And my whole family wishes we were back in the royal rooms. I'm a Disney geek. I like staying on site and be immersed. Well we chose CSR because I loved the beds and bedding and the bus service. But I miss the princesses! The royal rooms are completely princess, sink, shower curtain, rug, fireworks, hooks. So if you don't want to be surrounded 24/7 with Disney, CSR is beautiful and comfy. But theming is better at POR royal rooms. And I loved the boat ride to downtown disney from POR.

-Virginia

Thanks! I think we decided to stay at csr (race expo is located there) but I'm doing a split stay and choosing royal rooms for that! :). So I'll get to experience both!

LOVE LOVE LOVE CSR! It is my favorite resort :) For all of those who haven't been yet, you will love it!:cloud9:

Excited for our first stay at the CSR! The pool looks great, so keeping my fingers crossed that it will be warm enough for a swim!

11 days!!!

Thanks! I think we decided to stay at csr (race expo is located there) but I'm doing a split stay and choosing royal rooms for that! :). So I'll get to experience both!

My friend and I are doing a split stay in May, doing just that!
We LOVE CSR, but want to try the Royal Guest rooms, so we
will have the best of both worlds. Can't wait!

Great minds think alike! LOL

So I bit the bullet- and booked the Business Class room (aka Club level)

Has anyone here seen it yet? I know it's not open to the GP until January but thought there might be some previous business visitors who have stayed there. We will be in Cabanas 9B, which is one reason I decided to go ahead and upgrade. Now I *know* where I will be staying.

It's only an extra $73 more for a 4 day visit with AP discount.

Great minds think alike! LOL

So I bit the bullet- and booked the Business Class room (aka Club level)

Has anyone here seen it yet? I know it's not open to the GP until January but thought there might be some previous business visitors who have stayed there. We will be in Cabanas 9B, which is one reason I decided to go ahead and upgrade. Now I *know* where I will be staying.

It's only an extra $73 more for a 4 day visit with AP discount.

CSR had a trial period in April - a few DISers were lucky enough to be upgraded. pixiedust: Here are some photos from the trial period:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=44692425&postcount=1750

And a description here:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=44665899&postcount=1733

I thought the club level was only available if you were with a convention? Otherwise, it is just a preferred room if there is no convention at the time and there are no food offerings.
Can anyone verify this?

Hi -

Just wondering if anyone knew how long the trip is on the bus from the resort to each of the 4 main parks?

Thanks! :)

When we were there in July, we really wanted to do the paddle boarding on the lake, but never got around to it. We're going again in January! :yay: Does anyone know if they have the paddleboarding during winter months?

According to this thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2869219 the marina has been closed since at least January 2012. Did you see people on the lake in July? We were there the first week of July and it appeared to be closed. :confused3

According to this thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2869219 the marina has been closed since at least January 2012. Did you see people on the lake in July? We were there the first week of July and it appeared to be closed. :confused3

All Ears reported that Sammy Duvall's would be offering wakeboarding and paddleboarding at CSR through January 1. I know some people reported it being open during the summer, but I haven't read any recent reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter