Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question: Does Cafe Rix sell yogurt? Is there a place at CSR we can buy yogurt?

There are lots of good points about CSR, but overall, I wouldn't risk staying there again because there are too many other great choices.

Not only were my room locations requests not fulfilled, we got the exact opposite! With only 45% occupancy, we requested any section EXCEPT Casitas with a preference for Cabanas. I even called two days before arrival and was told "NO PROBLEM".

When we arrived we were put in Cabanas 4, quite a hike to and from the main building and to and from the Dig Site. The plus was that it was just across a parking lot from the bus stop.

The room was well kept, clean and in working order except the air conditioner was lame. We had to keep the fan on all night.

The big problem came when a HUGE convention group checked in on Monday. On Tuesday night the partying was loud and rowdy! We called for security at 10:30, then had to call again at 12:30 because they hadn't come yet and the partying, screaming, banging on the railings and cursing was so loud. "Security" was an older gentleman and two middle aged females with long hair. These security officers told everyone to quiet down and go in their rooms, then left. Oh yeah, like that's going to work. More calls by all the non partiers and FINALLY they had a manager and the security staff got everyone quieted down around 2am.

The general manager was very nice and apologetic and credited our account some money but the damage was done. While beautiful, I don't see the need to return. This resort TOTALLY caters to their convention clients and does not hold the family vacationers in high enough priority.

I did take a walk around the whole resort before I left. It is very beautiful, I just got stuck in the least pretty place with a bunch of adults that didn't party enough in college to get it out of their system.

We reserved a Preferred King.

We're first timers, so we have no idea what building to request.

I'm pretty sure we want Cabanas from the pics. Our course we'd like close to parking, close to bus, at least a quiet pool and close of el central if possible.

Just curious, what would happen if we go to check in and they don't have any preferred Kings ? I'm pretty sure it's the most expensive room they sell of all the MODS. Would they just offer a refund of the difference or offer us another resort ? If they offered us another MOD resort, wouldn't they have to refund us the diff still ?

Of course, when I last looked there are at least 2 conventions going on during our stay, don't want to be fretful of no avaliability, just what to do in case :)

I'm pretty sure we want Cabanas from the pics. Our course we'd like close to parking, close to bus, at least a quiet pool and close of el central if possible.

Just curious, what would happen if we go to check in and they don't have any preferred Kings ? I'm pretty sure it's the most expensive room they sell of all the MODS. Would they just offer a refund of the difference or offer us another resort ? If they offered us another MOD resort, wouldn't they have to refund us the diff still ?

Of course, when I last looked there are at least 2 conventions going on during our stay, don't want to be fretful of no avaliability, just what to do in case :)

The front desk attendants seemed helpless to give us another room when we were put in the section we requested not to be put in.

I would definitely request Cabanas, but don't be disappointed with Ranchos. I thought they were both beautiful and you can use the buses or golf carts to get to the main building!

If you aren't given a preferred king in the location you want you can do either; request a refund to the price of a standard room, or switch hotels (which may or may not be possible). Stick to your guns and speak to the hotel manager if you are not satisfied.

Hi Everyone!

For anyone who's there now, how are the love bugs? Is there a lot around? Last year was my first time experiencing them and I would just like to know what to expect when we arrive in 2 days!

TIA :goodvibes

Please post a review when you get back. We arrive October 8th. I am getting nervous about all the dirty room reviews.

Thanks! Have a magical trip!

Please post a review when you get back. We arrive October 8th. I am getting nervous about all the dirty room reviews.

Thanks! Have a magical trip!

We were just there, Sept 7-12, the love bugs were REALLY bad at the Magic Kingdom but we didn't notice them anywhere else. They weren't an issue at Coronado either

Just arrived this morning! We got here at 10AM and our room was ready. We reserved a preferred king room and unfortunately got placed in Casitas 2 fourth floor. After trying to change buildings unsuccessfully, we decided to just stick with the room assigned to us, it really isn't that bad to get to! Our room was clean and the resort is beautiful! Looking forward to the rest of our stay!

100_3655.jpg

Arrived about 1pm at the CSR and had no less than 3 clerks wave me to their station! Got Casitas 4, 1st floor water (pool) view as requested. DW made a beeline for the gift shop.
100_3669.jpg

Almost all of the CMs were friendly, particularly the gate guard and the reservation CM but had some difficulty understanding her's and and the cashier at Cafe Rix accents. DW noted that she also had very friendly CMs except at the shop where she was given what she perceived to be grudging "I hate my job" service.

I'm also getting very good wireless and cell service on my cheap Tracfone.

Preferred rooms are only in casitas 1, 2 and 3. There is no need to request cabanas for a preferred room. If you would like cabanas, you should book either a standard king or a waterview king and request cabanas (but you might get casitas 4 or 5 or ranchos instead).

There is a quiet pool in each section of the resort. The quiet pool in the casitas is a lap pool. Casitas and cabanas are both reasonably close to El Centro.

If there are no preferred kings, they would likely downgrade you to a standard or waterview king and refund any difference in price.

Just arrived this morning! We got here at 10AM and our room was ready. We reserved a preferred king room and unfortunately got placed in Casitas 2 fourth floor. After trying to change buildings unsuccessfully, we decided to just stick with the room assigned to us, it really isn't that bad to get to! Our room was clean and the resort is beautiful! Looking forward to the rest of our stay!

As long as you are OK with stairs, fourth floor casitas 2 is ok. But if you have strollers or wheelchairs, it would be aggravating. Enjoy your stay!

Arrived about 1pm at the CSR and had no less than 3 clerks wave me to their station! Got Casitas 4, 1st floor water (pool) view as requested. DW made a beeline for the gift shop.

Almost all of the CMs were friendly, particularly the gate guard and the reservation CM but had some difficulty understanding her's and and the cashier at Cafe Rix accents. DW noted that she also had very friendly CMs except at the shop where she was given what she perceived to be grudging "I hate my job" service.

I'm also getting very good wireless and cell service on my cheap Tracfone.

Thanks for the live report and the pictures! Glad you got your room request! :goodvibes

48 hours from now we should be on Magical Express on our way to CSR!! :woohoo:

I didn't do online check in, but am hoping I'll get our requests. We want top floor, non-connecting, and near a bus stop. Ranchos, the one place no one else seems to want, is fine with us so maybe we'll get our requests.

Doing :laundy: today but soon will be :beach: at the Dig Site! :goodvibes

pixiedust:Just got back yesterday from a 5 night stay at CSR. We were initially placed in ranchos right at the back, but on request we were offered a king bed disabled access in casitas 4! I did a happy dance as it was next to the quiet pool and right on bus stop 2! Woot! :cool1:

The room was clean, a little worn around the edges but perfectly good. The ac was great, very responsive and it was really nice having a ceiling fan, as thats what we use at home (cool and cuts out background noise). There was a big conference (2000 guests) while we were there but noise wasnt an issue even though we were in the main thoroughfare towards the bus stop. :goodvibes

A few minor issues, one of which was resolved in record time. The first was that our bathroom was a disabled access bathroom, which means the whole room is tiled, and there is a seat under the shower head for a person in a wheelchair to be seated under the water. I have lived in disabled housing before, after a big accident where I was in a wheelchair for some time. So I can speak with authority that the shower was rather weak if you are sitting there, if I hadn't have been able to move I would have been really cold!

On the first night our shower drain was blocked so we had a sizeable puddle on the floor which made the night time trips to the toilet very...refreshing! in the morning we called maintenance and they popped by within 15 minutes to inspect and then had the drain unblocked within the hour. The lady who did it was super super nice. :flower3:

The other issue was mousekeeping... three of the days we were there they did not leave any coffee pods! They cleaned beautifully but no coffee! Looking on the bright side though..the coffee was god awful so a quick trip to El Centro and all was right with the world... or marginally better as the coffee at El Centro isnt anything to write home about either :crazy2:

In all we had a really good time at CSR and I would recommend it to others. It was nice and quiet, even being in the conference section, it was clean, the cm's were all cheerful and pleasant. We didn't eat there so I cannot comment on that (I had eaten at PM and cafe rix on another conference trip but that was in 2010)...we ate at Narcoosees on thursday night...oh momma that was THE best...:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter