Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2011

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by StitchandPooh'sMom, Nov 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ilivetogo

Ilivetogo I really DO want to live there!

We got the COT from CSR and set it up just like you said ... moved the little square ottoman-type chairs and put the cot in the corner near the window. It worked fine. It was a little tight getting in/out the door, but very do-able. You should be just fine.

Actually, we ended up using those square "stools" over near the opening to the bathroom area and used them to put luggage on so it was at a more useable height. Worked out great.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. HLAuburn

HLAuburn DIS Veteran

If you were going to be spending time doing activities around the resort, we just felt like there was a little more to do at the other mods (particularly POR). For instance, at POR, they have the surrey bike rentals, marina rentals, and the fishing hole. And you can take the boat to DTD.

If you're looking for things like that, POR might have the advantage. But what we didn't like about POR was that it was sooo spread out. Even though CSR is a big resort like POR, we didn't get that feeling because of the way the building are laid out.

4. cjsm&d

cjsm&d DIS Veteran

Thanks for the review!

I believe the breakfast and lunch are now cs style buffets at PM now.

5. HLAuburn

HLAuburn DIS Veteran

This is definitely the way I think it would work. The little ottomans can easily be moved (ours were under the window and we never really used them) and maybe you could push the desk towards the TV a bit.

Have a good trip!

6. HLAuburn

HLAuburn DIS Veteran

We never walked by PM during breakfast or lunch, but I do remember a sign with the buffet prices, so I assumed one of both was still a buffet. :confused3 I think I read the buffet was just a "trial" to see what the response would be, so maybe they'll end up changing it to more of a typical CS style again.

7. sorahl1

sorahl1 Pressed Pennies are a delight!

That clears it up for me :) I am encouraged by the comment about it feeling better than PORS spreadout feeling. That is one of the things that turned us off from going back there.

John

8. StitchandPooh'sMom

StitchandPooh'sMom <font color=magenta>Now if only I could think of s

We have used a twin air mattress and a queen air mattress at CSR (not at the same time). The twin fit easily near the window without moving anything (we might have moved the ottomans under the closet rod in the vanity area). For the queen, we had to slide the dresser down a few inches, then move the desk up against the dresser.

And just to be clear, CSR has queen beds, not doubles. :goodvibes

9. party-of-five

party-of-five Mouseketeer

I think you would definitely have room. When we went with my parents and teenage sister, dad had his own bed, mom had hers, and sis had a rollaway (if I remember right there was an additional charge). The room was a little tight, but definitely doable. With an air mattress you would have the flexibility of setting it on its side to get it out of the way. HTH

10. LadyntheTramp

LadyntheTramp Mouseketeer

We just upgraded to CSR for our October trip...:cool1:

We are very excited! This resort looks wonderful I can't wait to go enjoy it!

11. vettegirl

vettegirl Dole Whip Queen

Great choice, enjoy :)

12. weheartdisney

weheartdisney DIS Veteran

We just switched from POFQ to the CSR. I had to call Disney today, and while on hold my oldest son said he wanted to stay at a resort we haven't stayed in yet. Luckily they had rooms available (my parents are going with us on this trip). We are really looking forward to staying here. The photos look wonderful and we can't wait to try the Pepper Market. We love Mexican food.

I requested building 8a or 9b. I realize it isn't quaranteed...but hoping for the best.

13. RHMBLindsay

RHMBLindsay Earning My Ears

Mickey Mail!! :cool1:

14. sunny_stace

sunny_stace DIS Veteran

Thank you guys! I'll tell everyone in the family to try and be super charming that morning! :rotfl: Like I said, we have a bigger group and 3 small children so any extra help is always much appreciated! Thank you everyone for your imput!:thumbsup2

15. Dacia

Dacia Earning My Ears

Three adults headed back to Disney 9/26-10/4 for our annual F&W Festival trip.
    :dance3:

We currently booked at OKW but CSR looks so great! I would love to try it out.

My question...our time at Disney coincides with the ICIP convention at CSR.:eek:

Too busy? Pros? Cons?

Also, how's the parking at CSR? :car:

Any advice much appreciated.

:flower3::flower3::flower3:

16. dtstampz

dtstampz Mouseketeer

We are there Sept 27-Oct 2nd. I looked up the ICIP Convention. Looks like they
    are planning a reception Sunday night 30th on the Cabanas beach from 6:30-8:30.
    I am hoping to stay in the Cabanas section, and wondering how big a crowd will
    be on hand for this. The Mariachi band sounds like fun!
    Conventioneers on the beach with drinks--not so much.

17. Dacia

Dacia Earning My Ears

Ya, dtstampz, I checked their website and saw that, too.

We were also thinking about the cabana section.

Of course, it is a convention of peeps into imaging, so they might be fun to mingle with.

:3dglasses

18. mom2princesses2

mom2princesses2 DIS Veteran

We were there last year during one of the largest conventions held there with even Bill Clinton as a speaker. We were not affected at all! We would pass some attendees while walking or see them in the Pepper Market (breakfast a little busier) but that's it. The buses weren't overrun (hardly!) and the pools were nearly deserted. We didn't need to park but in walking to the bus stop, we could see plenty of parking available and close to the buildings. :thumbsup2

19. vettegirl

vettegirl Dole Whip Queen

there is also a mini cooper convention the last weekend in Sept as well.

20. Dacia

Dacia Earning My Ears

Oh, wow! Great to know. Thx for the info.

We're a pretty laid back trio - me, DH and DB.

Just being at WDW makes our day. :Pinkbounc:bounce::jumping3:

But I'm also an info junkie and the one who makes the ressies, :surfweb:

so it's good to have an idea what to expect.

21. mom2princesses2

mom2princesses2 DIS Veteran

I was nervous about the convention before we went, especially when I heard the former President was going to be there. My DH and I are Republicans after all. :rotfl:

The convention was "Learning" and it will be held again at CSR from Oct. 21-24.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.