Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed posting this yesterday and my darling husband just reminded me.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY CSR! The CSR opened 15 years ago yesterday.

We are planning on trying CSR for 1st time this spring. We will use PM every morning for breakfast and maybe visit Dig site once or twice during week stay. What do you think would be best location to request? We were thinking Casitas, but seems like a lot of people love Cabanas. Is that closer to El Centro. We don't mind a walk in the am, but we will have 7 & 9 yr old with us. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Forgot to mention, we will use rental car for our stay, so don't care about bus stops or ride times to parks. Thx

We are planning on trying CSR for 1st time this spring. We will use PM every morning for breakfast and maybe visit Dig site once or twice during week stay. What do you think would be best location to request? We were thinking Casitas, but seems like a lot of people love Cabanas. Is that closer to El Centro. We don't mind a walk in the am, but we will have 7 & 9 yr old with us. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Forgot to mention, we will use rental car for our stay, so don't care about bus stops or ride times to parks. Thx

We love Casitas 4 and 5 and find it not more than a five minute walk to the main building and about an eight minute walk to the pool. Our last stay we were in Cabanas 8A and it was the same distance to the pool and to El Centro over the bridge.

When I actually do the sign in 10 days before, can we request the area we would like to be?
I cant remember from last year if we could, mind you I had no requests last time lol.

Are there towels available at all the pools or do you just bring them from your room? (If this has been asked and answered a million, I apologize....I'm trying to find out for my daughter and hubby who are going to Disney for the first time on Sunday!!)

Are there towels available at all the pools or do you just bring them from your room? (If this has been asked and answered a million, I apologize....I'm trying to find out for my daughter and hubby who are going to Disney for the first time on Sunday!!)

There are towels at the main pool and the quiet pool in the Casitas (because this is where the health club is located). The other quiet pools you take them from your room and call Housekeeping to bring you more towels for the room.

The Dig Site had towels available and you had to bring your own towels to the quiet pools.

I know there's been some discussion about this before, but just to clarify:

Is there a direct bus from CSR to both waterparks (no transfer at DTD or anything like that)?

About how long is the ride to both TL and BB, and if it's a shared bus with a park, where does it stop first?

Thanks!

We were just there last week and both the AK and Epcot buses stopped at BB. Once you leave the resort, it is very close to BB, not more than 10 minutes.

TL shares the DTD bus. Depending on the time of day and such, it might go to TL first or to DTD first (which actually has two stops). It is a much longer bus ride and one of the worst due to all the stops (and that goes for EVERY Disney resort, not just CSR!). Count on at least 30 minutes to get to TL. I timed it and it ranged from 24 minutes to 45 minutes for us last week.

We were just there last week and both the AK and Epcot buses stopped at BB. Once you leave the resort, it is very close to BB, not more than 10 minutes.

TL shares the DTD bus. Depending on the time of day and such, it might go to TL first or to DTD first (which actually has two stops). It is a much longer bus ride and one of the worst due to all the stops (and that goes for EVERY Disney resort, not just CSR!). Count on at least 30 minutes to get to TL. I timed it and it ranged from 24 minutes to 45 minutes for us last week.

Thanks! We will have a car, so I think we'll plan on driving...at least to TL and maybe BB.

Oh my word I hated that journey...on the way home from DTD Marketplace you stop at DTD PLeasure Island and then Typhoon Lagoon, it takes FOREVER!!!

If you have a car, definitely drive!

Oh my word I hated that journey...on the way home from DTD Marketplace you stop at DTD PLeasure Island and then Typhoon Lagoon, it takes FOREVER!!!

Ahhh, it sounds like a long bus ride! We are eating at Rainforest Cafe DTD on Sunday for DD's birthday and we planned to take the bus. I was worried about parking - our dinner reservation is for 6:30. Should we just plan to drive to DTD instead?

Ahhh, it sounds like a long bus ride! We are eating at Rainforest Cafe DTD on Sunday for DD's birthday and we planned to take the bus. I was worried about parking - our dinner reservation is for 6:30. Should we just plan to drive to DTD instead?

DEFINITELY drive. We've gone to DTD on weeknights and weekend nights; you may have to circle a few times, but we always find a parking spot. It is so much better than the buses (unless you are staying at a resort that has the boat to DTD).

Thanks! We will have a car, so I think we'll plan on driving...at least to TL and maybe BB.

110% if you have a car drive to TL, BB, and DTD!!!!!!!! Parking is free at all of those places and you can always get a close (or relatively close) spot. Even at DTD at 6 pm. The buses to these three spots make numerous stops. And you have to wait for the bus to pick you up. So it is definitely quicker to drive to these places than take the Disney transportation. Of course, Disney transportation rules if all the drivers in your party would like to take part in some adult libations :thumbsup2 Then the wait and bus ride are worth it ;)

I missed posting this yesterday and my darling husband just reminded me.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY CSR! The CSR opened 15 years ago yesterday.

Oh wow! We stayed there the year it opened, hard to believe it was that long ago!

Towels are available at the Dig Site, and the Casitas quiet pool. Not available at the Cabana quiet pool or the Ranchos quiet pool.

So excited that I can now say I am returning to CSR next month for 5 wonderful nights!!

Drive to TL for sure. BB is literally right next to CSR. Its 3 mins on the bus after you leave CSR property. Its a very quick drive as well, but you might half to park 1/2 mile away from the entrance if its busy. I would just take the bus to BB if it was me.

I believe I saw a sign or notice limiting guests to 15 minutes in the hot tub. How "strict" is the resort in enforcing the 15 minute rule in the hot tub?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!