Coronado Springs or Port Orleans

ppoe65

Mouseketeer
Please help me out. Booked a weekend getaway for DW and I. She said didn't care where we stayed. 1st time without 4 kids. I booked online and choose CS. for end of April. Last night she says she hopes she likes CS, mentioned should have booked POR.

So my question:

Should I stay at CS or switch to POR? She's worried about CS being too busy because it is a convention resort.

Please help we leave in 27 days

TIA

Please help me out. Booked a weekend getaway for DW and I. She said didn't care where we stayed. 1st time without 4 kids. I booked online and choose CS. for end of April. Last night she says she hopes she likes CS, mentioned should have booked POR.

So my question:

Should I stay at CS or switch to POR? She's worried about CS being too busy because it is a convention resort.

Please help we leave in 27 days

TIA

I feel your pain buddy. :duck:

We have never stayed at CSR, but have stayed at POR and love it. I think a weekend without the kids would be great at POR. The landscaping is very lush and the walkways are peaceful, great for talking a stroll with your honey. There's some great things for the two of you to do. You have the boat to DTD, Yeeha Bob and the carriage rides all at your fingertips.

Have no fear of the conventioners. Even if there is a convention, the only times you'd really run into them is in the morning at Café Rix, where there could be a longer line for breakfast items as a result of them, and at the bar outside of El Centro at night. You almost never see conventioners at the pool, and even less regularly at the bus stops. They're mostly isolated from the rest of the resort. In fact, they seem to make the place seem LESS crowded at times. End of April is a great time for low crowds in general, too.

We stayed at POR once, POFQ twice, and CSR 5 times (all in late April or Early May). I'd take CSR over the POs in a heartbeat. Even liked it over Wilderness Lodge. Preferred the theming to both POs, and the pool is much nicer. Also better food choices, IMO.

We love CSR especially for a couples only trip. The resort is gorgeous. The walk around the lake at night is beautiful. Being a convention resort, the buses are not crowded in the mornings due to the fact that the conventioneers are busy with convention stuff. We have never found the pool area very crowded and the quiet pool in the Ranchos section is very nice. There is a great pool bar and a night club in the lobby(warning: that is where you will see the conventioneers)and a table service restaurant, the Maya Grill. I took my wife for the F&G festival two years ago for an anniversary trip and we loved the CSR.
On another note, We had a fabulous meal at Victoria and Albert's on that trip. It was expensive but totally worth it.
Have a great trip. Cheers!!

We've stayed at both CSR and POR. I have to say that both are great, but the nod goes to POR in our view. If you plan to spend any time at DTD, the boat from POR is a big plus given the construction and the issues with buses and parking there.

We stayed at both in 2013. I prefer CSR. It has a more laid back, tropical feel, beautiful resort, busses were great. We were in the Rancheros sections which was actually peaceful being away from the hustle and bustle. We found the resort did not seem as busy even though it was full during our stay. The hot tub is HUGE. Note, we didn't venture much to El Centro and had a rental car we could use to zip over there if needed, and you can refill your mugs at the Dig Site bar, so the Rancheros section didn't bother us much. If (when) we book there again I would do BC though for the lounge and guaranteed location in the Cabanas section.

POR definitely had more families around which to me made it seem a bit more chaotic to me, but DH preferred POR. The boat to DTD was nice, and YeeHaw Bob fantastic, nice food court. We are staying at the Poly in August but are planning on having a POR night out if that helps. You don't have to stay at POR to enjoy most of POR (Carriage rides, YeeHaw Bob, boat to/from DTD).

We have stayed at both resorts. While at CSR we didn't run into anyone from the convention unless we walked by the convention center. POR is very romantic. I would go there if I was without my kids.

POR definitely had more families around which to me made it seem a bit more chaotic to me, but DH preferred POR. The boat to DTD was nice, and YeeHaw Bob fantastic, nice food court. We are staying at the Poly in August but are planning on having a POR night out if that helps. You don't have to stay at POR to enjoy most of POR (Carriage rides, YeeHaw Bob, boat to/from DTD).

Very true, but getting to/from POR from CSR without a rental car just to enjoy those amenities would be inconvenient at best. That being said, we would gladly stay at either if we were going moderate.

Have stayed at both, didn't like CSR - we often saw conventioneers and it just didn't have that Disney feel. Even if you stay away from the convention center area you will see them at check in, bus stops, and especially at meals. To me it just ruins the vacation feel to see people with the huge convention name tags - thats work for me, no play!

Check the convention schedule to make sure there are no large conventions while you are there - that can help if you want to do CSR.

Have you tried POFQ? I think for a getaway without the kids that one can me a bit more romantic with the streets and courtyards of the french quarter feel. That is far and away my favorite Mod.

Thank you all for your replies. I'll talk to DW and see if she wants to switch or stay here now and next time try POR.

Again, thanks

I have stayed at both and would go with CSR for a couples weekend. The convention attendees are going to meetings and boring non-Disney stuff rather than filling up the buses.

Very true, but getting to/from POR from CSR without a rental car just to enjoy those amenities would be inconvenient at best. That being said, we would gladly stay at either if we were going moderate.

True. There is much to be said about actually being able to just stroll back to your room. But, here's our approach for our upcoming trip: head to DTD later in the afternoon, grab some dinner or take the boat to POR for dinner, carriage ride, YeeHaw Bob Jackson, take Taxi back to Poly. It's really fun checking out ANY resort, and you don't really have to be glued down to the one you are staying at, with or without a car. Taxis aren't THAT crazy expensive for an evenings worth of entertainment (considering that park admission is with a family of 4 for an extra night is about $40 on a 4-day base ticket, so less than that). We checked out Ploy, AKL, GF, CR, POFQ while staying at POR/CSR, and this year it will be POR and for sure the Boardwalk area, maybe a AoA pr Pop for the huge icons, while we are staying at the Poly. I love checking out the different resorts. o_O

LOVE them both but for an adult trip - hands down CSR. It is stunning day or night, more food and drink options than the others, several sit down, rooms are more spa like than POR and we see very few convention folks and children. If you want some pool time there are always lounges and chair available at main hub and the quiet pools in Ranchos and Cabanas are always empty. A real treat would be to do Business Class. My adult DD just did it with a friend and was really happy with the perks. It's the deluxe of the moderates.

Convention means they work up front all day while you have the resort, pool and buses to yourself. We found they made no impact on our stays at all.

Love CSR for the theme. The resort seems more romantic to me especially at night. And for adults, there is much more to do. I also recommend a room in the business class section with access to the lounge if possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter