Coronado Springs not included in 2007 DP?

I emailed WDW to ask them to confirm that CSR would/would not participate in the plan. The response I received was:

'Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World Resort.

All Walt Disney World owned and operated resorts will participate in the Magic you
way plus dining
package for 2007.'

Hopefully this CM knows what they are talking about and there will be a location at CSR to redeem DDP credits.

timandlesley said:
I just got the All ears newsletter and am about to post a thread, no restaraunts at Coronado will be on the Dining plan next year, I'm also VERY upset at the choices left at Epcot, like 3 restaraunts.

Lesley

help me understand this what you mean only 3 places at epcot left does this mean le ceullar steakhouse is not goin to accept ddp in 2007? please tell me they will thanks for gettin back to me in advance

I'd be shocked if Disney doesn't have a location in CSR to use the dining plan but that's not what the email says. The email says guests at all Disney resorts, including CSR,can purchase the dining plan. It doesn't necessarily mean they'll be a place to use it at the resort.

I'd be shocked if Disney doesn't at least have a small CS restaurant.

taylorl25 said:
I emailed WDW to ask them to confirm that CSR would/would not participate in the plan. The response I received was:

'Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World Resort.

All Walt Disney World owned and operated resorts will participate in the Magic you
way plus dining
package for 2007.'

Hopefully this CM knows what they are talking about and there will be a location at CSR to redeem DDP credits.

I don't think it will be as easy as Disney setting up a counter-service location at CS.. I'm sure the Pepper Market's lease would stipulate some sort of competition clause that would make it impossible for Disney to set up their own restaurant. I think that what is more likely to happen will be exclusions (like the rib eye) or some other limitation (2 credits?) for those using counter service at CS.

Lewisc said:
I'd be shocked if CSR didn't have some type of restaurant in the plan
One thing I always keep in the back of my mind is that WDW allegedly doesn't like the folks who run Pepper Market and Maya Grill. I doubt they'd orchestrate something with this much impact to oust them, but if there was a way to make things more difficult for these two restaurants only . . .

taylorl25 said:
All Walt Disney World owned and operated resorts will participate in the Magic you way plus dining package for 2007.'
There was never any doubt that the resort would participate -- the question is whether any of the restaurants would.

lovemickeyshouse said:
help me understand this what you mean only 3 places at epcot left does this mean le ceullar steakhouse is not goin to accept ddp in 2007?
Le Cellier is one of those that definitely will be participating.

Sweet As Long As They Don't Charge 2 Ts's For Dinner There Cause That Place Is Worth 2 Actually But Like It Now Only Use 1 There But Liberty Tree Tavern Dinner Will Be 2 Ts's That Confuses Me Cause It Should Be The Other Way Around

The company was given the contract to run Pepper Market and the Mayan Grill because Disney was happy with the job they were doing with Cantina de San Angel. Things can change and but the majority of rumors we hear aren't that true.

CSR is a convention resort. My guess is they may be one of the few restaurants that actually may do better without MYW Dining. MYW dining guests getting $30+ of food for a reimbursement rate of under $10 may be close to below cost.

To the previous poster, the solution could include the company that runs Pepper Market actually setting up a limited CS restaurant. They already have a limited breakfast location where the bar is, no reason it couldn't also be used for lunch. They could also use the pool bar for CS lunch.

bicker said:
One thing I always keep in the back of my mind is that WDW allegedly doesn't like the folks who run Pepper Market and Maya Grill. I doubt they'd orchestrate something with this much impact to oust them, but if there was a way to make things more difficult for these two restaurants only . . .

There was never any doubt that the resort would participate -- the question is whether any of the restaurants would.

Le Cellier is one of those that definitely will be participating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter