Coronado springs & business travellers...

married2mm

DIS Veteran
are there certain months when the resort is overrun with convention attendees etc?

Dh wants to feel he's on vacation-I'm sure this must still be possible?!

Any advice/comments

I've been to CSR during while they were having conventions, and it didn't bother me one bit.
The resort is so huge, that you'll run into someone wearing a suit only a handful of times during your stay.
I wouldn't scratch it out my my list because of the convention thing. It's a beautiful resort. I'd say a "deluxe" moderate.

The dressed-to-work guests remain up front in the Convention center. The plus to it = emptier buses and pools. We have never felt any negative impact from them at all.

It's funny how everyone worries so much about CSR being a "convention" location. Contemporary, Yacht & Beach Club, Boardwalk Inn, Grand Floridian and Swan & Dolphin are all convention hotels.

The dressed-to-work guests remain up front in the Convention center. The plus to it = emptier buses and pools. We have never felt any negative impact from them at all.

It's funny how everyone worries so much about CSR being a "convention" location. Contemporary, Yacht & Beach Club, Boardwalk Inn, Grand Floridian and Swan & Dolphin are all convention hotels.

Well, that's my new thing learned today-thanks for that.:)

I think a 'deluxe' moderate sounds delightful. :fish:

We just stayed there and felt it was significantly quieter at CSR than the other moderates because it was a convention resort. Only saw convention guests at the main building but we actually rarely went there! We were in a rancho near the main pool area where we could also refill our mugs and grab breakfast, no need to go to El Centro! Buses were very rarely full (only had to stand once the entire week). I also loved that it was a very short bus ride to Studios, AK and Blizzard Beach. We enjoyed our stay!

Well, that's my new thing learned today-thanks for that.:)

I think a 'deluxe' moderate sounds delightful. :fish:

I LOVE CSR! It's our favorite moderate and def a deluxe of the moderates. Even though others don't - we love Ranchos because it's so "imagineered" and different from anything we see. It's SO quiet and a 5 minute walk to main hub and only a couple minutes to one of the best pool areas on property. Also a nice quiet pool, we usually have it to ourselves. Has awesome bus service and is around the corner from AK, just over the bridge from DHS (you can watch the SWW and Frozen fireworks from front of resort), across highway from EPCOT and next to exit going to MK for a quick 10+ minute drive. It is stunning day and night so be sure to walk around the lake. The landscape is so pretty I find myself stopping often to take pictures of flowers, turtles, birds .... We never have a problem getting a lounger or table/umbrella at main pool which is one of the most themed pools with it's pyramid and surrounding detail. Largest hot tub on property.

A big plus over most resorts is the numerous options for eats:
- Maya Grill, full Table Service D
- Las Ventanas, casual Table Service B/L/D
- Pepper Market, Food Court but menu has better offering, bigger portions and on china B/L/D
- Siestas Cantina, Counter Service by pool, smaller menu all day includes mug refills
- Cafe Rix, To Go Counter, very nice selection all day
- Rix Lounge, very cool lounge that serves appetizers and flatbreads, evenings
- Full Room Service, B/D
- Coconino Lounge IF YOU BOOK Business Class, Breakfast and Evening appetizer and snacks with beer and wine

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter