Coronado Springs advice for a POFQ vet

KingdomHeartsFan

DIS Veteran
I am an admitted POFQ addict... I have stayed there 4 out of my 6 trips to Disney and have never been quite as satisfied anywhere else. I am planning a Disney trip in December with my 2 best friends who have never been to Disney before. They are less than impressed with pictures and information about POFQ I have showed them but LOOOOOVE the look of Coronado Springs.

I am always willing to try a new Disney resort but I am nervous. I know it is a very big resort. What area or building should I request to be close to food and bus stops? I know there are now "preferred" areas I can book. Would it be worth it to book?

Also I am confused about dining options. Could someone explain Pepper Market and Rix Cafe to me? Are either of these an actual "food court" like available at other resorts?

One more concern is bus servise. How is bus service for CSR? One thing I hated at CBR was multiple bus stops. Is this a problem here as well?

TIA! :hippie:

Have you checked out KatMark's CSR resort thread? There is a ton of information on there

I would consider Rix Cafe to be similar to a food court at a Value Resort. Limited foods (hot dogs, burgers, pizza). Pepper Market is in its own right, a completely different experience, and is hard to explain. There are numerous stations throughout to go and pick food.

I recently stayed in the Casitas 3. We had a Preferred King Room. It was really close to everything (lobby, restaurants, spa, quiet pool), except the big pool. Everyone says it is huge, but I didn't find it all that big. It was a little difficult to navigate at first, but after the first trip to the room, it was a breeze.

Oh, and it was BEAUTIFUL there. We're going back in December!

Can't comment on the buses as we drove everywhere.

Vacation2011

We have been to both. Bus Service at CSR wasn't bad that I remembered. We stayed in Casita 4 I believe. When we were there Bus Service ran kind of backwards, started picking up away from the main entrance then made the loop back there. Hope this helps.

We last stayed in Casitas 4 and really liked it. Close to El Centro where the shops and restaurants are and has a Quiet Pool right there. It also is really close to one of the bus stops. It is a about a 5-10 minute walk to the Dig Site pool, but it is such a beautiful resort we never mind the walk. We have always had great bus service at CSR. Almost never more than a 10-15 minute wait.

I've been to CSR twice and I'm heading down to POFQ next week. I say go for CSR. Yes, it's lot bigger and spread out but if you don't mind walking, it's a nice resort. I like Pepper Market, too. Food is pretty good and selection is nice.

LOVE Casitas 4!! The bus stop here was great!! It wasn't far to the food court and the quiet pool was right out our door!!

You won't find a "food court" at CSR. Rix is like going through the line to pay where you will also be grabbing your food (pizza, sandwich, fruit, baked goods) but there is no feeling of a food court at all.

The pepper market, is a bit more like a food court in that you choose what type of food you want and go to that area to get it and take back to your table. But you have a card that they use to mark what you (and your family) get and you are seated at a table and have a waiter/waitress that brings your drink to your table. There are many more types of foods (Mexican, Asian, Grill, Sandwiches, etc.) to choose from here.

Thanks everyone for the info... still trying to decide... I'm still leaning toward POFQ for its compact size... if free dining is extended into December, we might splurge and go for Wilderness Lodge instead!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter