Coronado Beach - places to change clothes?

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by Keyser, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Keyser

Keyser Mouseketeer

This might be an odd question, but are there any places near Coronado Beach where we could change clothes? We're planning to spend part of a day there, but we will be driving a good distance afterward, and would prefer to not be in swimsuits the rest of the day.

Also, are there places right near the beach where it's easy to get lunch?

Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. shannonkay

shannonkay Disneylandrian

Hmm. It's been a while since I've been down there, but it is beautiful! Sorry I can't be more specific, but at the least I would think you could change in the bathrooms.

4. KCmike

KCmike Never have fallen asleep on any

If your going in the summertime then you could eat on the sundeck of the hotel del coronado. They serve hamburgers and chicken sandwiches. You probably could use their public bathrooms to change as well. That would be the only place close. There is also a Village Pizzeria that's pretty good that is a block away from the Del. My trip report below has several pics of the del.

5. ncc1701

ncc1701 Scotty I need Warp 10 to WDW

I believe the restroom facilities at the beach have showers so that might be a place to change
    Check out the town's website. I think I saw the info there when researching our trip this year.

6. KCmike

KCmike Never have fallen asleep on any

Interesting because I have walked the beach from the Hotel Del all the way north to where you can't walk anymore and didn't see any bathroom areas?

7. Keyser

Keyser Mouseketeer

OK, the city's website does say about the beach:
    But there doesn't seem to be any more detail. So, I guess there will be restrooms/showers somewhere, but maybe tough to find...

8. Gantu

Gantu Oh,,,,,blitznac!

We were just there two weeks ago. Had a wonderful time!!!

If your standing outside the Del, about 5 minutes up the beach is a huge life guard station. Behind the staion, close to the road is a huge bathroom with changing stalls and showers.

9. Keyser

Keyser Mouseketeer

Ha - we actually went there today (and now have the significant sunburns to prove it), and I was about to come on here and post exactly this. Thanks!