Corkage? Yea, neigh, or somtimes?

rawatts@mac.com

Earning My Ears
OK wine fans, give me your opinion. We are just over two weeks from departure and need to make some decisions.

Those of you who have taken your own wine aboard were you usually, sometimes or never charged for corkage. And if you were how much was it. I think I have read various reports of 10 and 15 dollars per bottle. We are trying to decide if we want to take our own wine along (or buy some in Fla.) or buy the wine package. If we get hit with corkage every night then it really changes the economics of the wine package.

As always thanks for your help

Bob and Sandy

We've always brought a couple of bottles with us. We also pack a corkscrew and some plastic wine glasses in our luggage . Then we open the wine in our cabin and just bring our glasses of wine with us. No corkage that way.

The first time we didn't have plastic glasses with us so we used the regular glasses in the room. We had to explain to our cabin host why we needed more glasses and that we weren't stealing them just leaving them at our table after dinner.

Elyse

We were charged $15 per bottle for 3 bottles Dec 2005. You can get wine glasses from your room steward, also a corkscrew if you forget one and just take a glass with you if you want. But you will be charged $15 if you take the bottle, regardless of who opens it.

We were charged $15 per bottle corkage

Woody

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter