Coral World and Coki Beach questions

vbarry

DIS Veteran
We are wanting to do this on our own and have 4 adults and 4 children. Can we do this on our own and what type of transportation do you take to get there?

Thanks!

We went to Coral World and Coki beach last September on Carnival. The taxi fare from the port to Coral World was 9.00 per person each way. We were told by people at Coral World that it is sometimes cheaper to rent a car than to take the taxi. We checked on it and it was about the same price. We opted to take the taxi and avoid the hassel of renting and returning the car. With 4 adults and 4 kids you may want to look into that. There is also talk of some 2.00 taxis but I have heard that you have to walk a distance from the dock to find them, they are gypsies and are unreliable as to where and when they stop and are frowned upon for saftey issues.

Wow--taxi prices have gone up. We paid $4 per person for the cabs right at the dock. There are discount admission tickets to Coral World available on line and in the magazine you can get free at the tourist info desk at the dock. It is really easy to do this excursion on your own, and you'll have the advantage of being on your own schedule--spend as much time as you'd like doing whatever the kids are into!

I think the highlight of the island was the taxi ride! Thought I was going to die. Almost better than a rollercoaster! Gotta love those hills. We got a taxi right at the dock and it was $9.00 per person to Coki Point. I was disappointed in Coki Beach, very small and incredibly crowded. We didn't do Coral World. Hope you have a great trip!

Is it better to go to Coral World first and then Coki Beach? That's what we were planning originally. We will probably get off the ship early, even before Coral World opens, so we could go to the beach first and miss the crowds. Will the water be too cold in the morning in mid-March?

We went last year at the end of January, and Coki Beach was the highlight of our trip. The beach was fantastic, not too crowded. The water was warm and the surf was not too strong for our little ones to enjoy. Our only regret was telling the Taxi driver to come back to soon to get us... we could have stayed there all day. The water was fine in January so I'm sure it will be plenty warm in March.

Apparently when we will be in St. Thomas there is suppose to be 6 -7 other ships in port that day....that sounds like alot to me - especially since Coki Beach is a favorite stop of many cruisers. Would it be trying to do too much if we stopped at Coki in the morning and then moved on to Sapphire Beach in the afternoon???

Thanks.

Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!